LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 15th, 2010, 9:52 am

:asleep:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm currently working my way through "Microsoft Excel VBA Programming for Dummies."
Have fun. :|
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 15th, 2010, 10:16 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote::asleep:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm currently working my way through "Microsoft Excel VBA Programming for Dummies."
Have fun. :|
I just recorded my own macro - and it worked! (A simple name and date thing.)

I'm doing this for work. I do lots and lots of repetitive work in Excel that I could automate if I knew what I was doing. I'm making it my goal to know what I'm doing so that I can automate the boring, repetitive work. Something that now takes me an hour or more will take a few minutes once I figure all this out.

Funny thing is, I mentioned once to my boss that I needed to learn VBA so I could automate some of this stuff, and he got all snippy with me about my not having time to do that. The irony is, I'll have WAY more time once I get this all sorted out. I'm learning VBA in my spare time at home; the boss will not know I'm doing this until it's a done deal. If then. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 15th, 2010, 10:42 am

Taking Katie to see the Wiggles this afternoon in Raleigh. I can't wait. She's gonna love it.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.
-- DukeUsul
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 15th, 2010, 10:51 am

DukeUsul wrote:Taking Katie to see the Wiggles this afternoon in Raleigh. I can't wait. She's gonna love it.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.
Have fun! Watching Katie will likely be more entertaining for you than watching the Wiggles.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » August 15th, 2010, 12:01 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:That is nice! I'm forever having problems with the nunchuck tied to the remote, and the leg pouch occasionally slides down to my knee and irritates me further.

We talked to a guy in GameStop a couple of weeks ago who said that both XBox and PlayStation would be coming out with a camera setup in the fall so that people could play interactive games or exercise without having to hold onto a remote or nunchuck. Bruce wants a game system with better graphics, so we may end up with another game system as well as the Wii.

I enjoy the boxing style things a lot.

The XBox motion-detector add-on is called Kinect - it looks like there are going to be a few fitness-related games at launch (I think in the next 6 weeks) - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect/games.htm - with more to come.

Sounds like you ladies are in the know about Wii fitness games - are there any with good yoga sections? (I only have Wii Fit, and am pretty tired of that.)
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 15th, 2010, 2:00 pm

DevilAlumna wrote: - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect/games.htm - with more to come.
...and the follow-up game will be 'Survival Swimming at it's Best'. For those that don't know you should never stand in a small boat, especially in swift running water. :))
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 15th, 2010, 2:04 pm

Well, back to the room and watch the Braves until I pass out. :twitch:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 15th, 2010, 2:15 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:That is nice! I'm forever having problems with the nunchuck tied to the remote, and the leg pouch occasionally slides down to my knee and irritates me further.

We talked to a guy in GameStop a couple of weeks ago who said that both XBox and PlayStation would be coming out with a camera setup in the fall so that people could play interactive games or exercise without having to hold onto a remote or nunchuck. Bruce wants a game system with better graphics, so we may end up with another game system as well as the Wii.

I enjoy the boxing style things a lot.

The XBox motion-detector add-on is called Kinect - it looks like there are going to be a few fitness-related games at launch (I think in the next 6 weeks) - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect/games.htm - with more to come.

Sounds like you ladies are in the know about Wii fitness games - are there any with good yoga sections? (I only have Wii Fit, and am pretty tired of that.)
I haven't seen any and would also be interested. I bought the Daisy Fuentes Pilates on sale and haven't been very impressed. If I had read the reviews online first I probably wouldn't have bothered. It appears that My Personal Trainer has some yoga.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 15th, 2010, 3:15 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I just recorded my own macro - and it worked! (A simple name and date thing.)
The easiest way to learn what is going on IMHO. You used to be able to record macros in Windows 3.10 or .11 I think. Very useful...
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 15th, 2010, 3:50 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I just recorded my own macro - and it worked! (A simple name and date thing.)
The easiest way to learn what is going on IMHO. You used to be able to record macros in Windows 3.10 or .11 I think. Very useful...
WOO HOO! I got a slightly more complicated macro to work - and I edited it in the code window. That sucker is SAVED!!! \:d/

I spend a ridiculous amount of time copying experimentally observed data into Excel, copying theoretical values from a website into Excel, re-formatting the theoretical values, and then matching to the experimental values within a certain mathematical tolerance. Step 1 for me was figuring out how to re-format the theoretical values; that's the macro that is working. That's simple, but I spend a crazy amount of time doing it. Not any more. Next I'll figure out how to do the matching. Now I'm going outside to play - it's actually nice here today.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 15th, 2010, 5:35 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:The XBox motion-detector add-on is called Kinect - it looks like there are going to be a few fitness-related games at launch (I think in the next 6 weeks) - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect/games.htm - with more to come.

I have the My Fitness Coach, which has a yoga section on it. I used it several times, but I don't know much about yoga, so I can't say if it was any good. It was probably pretty basic. I could do most of the activities on there except the Tree pose. (I have balance issues and had to prop up on the couch arm to do it, which probably defeats the purpose.)

I would think you could get it relatively cheaply now on Amazon or at GameStop, since it's been out a while.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2010, 9:30 am

BTTT. I am going to have to go clothes shopping. I have a hard choice between Wal-Mart or Target. Wal-Mart requires the danger walk across 10 lanes o'traffic. Targ-yeh is on this side of the street but a longer walk. What the Hell...I've got all day. :twitch:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2010, 9:37 am

captmojo wrote:BTTT. I am going to have to go clothes shopping. I have a hard choice between Wal-Mart or Target. Wal-Mart requires the danger walk across 10 lanes o'traffic. Targ-yeh is on this side of the street but a longer walk. What the Hell...I've got all day. :twitch:
Be sure to include some swimming attire in your purchases. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2010, 9:42 am

devildeac wrote:
captmojo wrote:BTTT. I am going to have to go clothes shopping. I have a hard choice between Wal-Mart or Target. Wal-Mart requires the danger walk across 10 lanes o'traffic. Targ-yeh is on this side of the street but a longer walk. What the Hell...I've got all day. :twitch:
Be sure to include some swimming attire in your purchases. :D
Under advisement, sir.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2010, 10:07 am

Nothing like true stories. A retired teacher friend of ours bought a new laptop through my son's employee connection at Dell. He picked it up last week.
He called the Mate yesterday and asked her where he could get some Immodium. She repied any drug store should have it. She asked how long he had been sick. His answer was that he wasn't ill. He didn't know what she meant. It flew right over his head. He related that he needed an Immodium (modem) for his computer. =))

Watch out for some bad viruses! =)) :twitch:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 16th, 2010, 10:41 am

captmojo wrote:Nothing like true stories. A retired teacher friend of ours bought a new laptop through my son's employee connection at Dell. He picked it up last week.
He called the Mate yesterday and asked her where he could get some Immodium. She repied any drug store should have it. She asked how long he had been sick. His answer was that he wasn't ill. He didn't know what she meant. It flew right over his head. He related that he needed an Immodium (modem) for his computer. =))

Watch out for some bad viruses! =)) :twitch:
=)) =)) =)) Too funny!
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2010, 10:41 am

I build the courage to venture out and try my luck at crossing over to Wally World, and the 20% chance of showers, that local news folks predicted for the day, have wiped out the 80% chance of the time it won't rain. :Clap: :|
My world just gets better and better. :twitch:

Waiting for the steam bath to follow when the Sun comes back out, I sit here. :-w
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2010, 10:45 am

lawgrad91 wrote: =)) =)) =)) Too funny!
This dude lives in Ridgeway. Be careful driving through. :twitch:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 16th, 2010, 10:50 am

captmojo wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: =)) =)) =)) Too funny!
This dude lives in Ridgeway. Be careful driving through. :twitch:
Oh, geez, you had to tell me that. I drive through Ridgeway twice a day....
But it's no surprise that he would be in Henry County.

Right now I'm trying to find a police officer who showed up to Walmart after one lady chased another one around the store in her motorized wheelchair (that's the defendant in the motorized wheelchair). The officer has given me two cell numbers for him, neither of which work. One was reassigned to another officer in May, the other has voicemail that says (in a high-pitched, youthful female voice), "You know who you's callin'. Leave me a message."

Again, only in Henry County.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2010, 10:52 am

Was the said wheelchair outfitted with a V8 motor? That too, would sound like Henry Co. =))