LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » June 18th, 2010, 9:27 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:We'll have to beat Algeria if we want to advance?
If we beat Algeria, we can do no worse than second in our group, and would advance.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » June 18th, 2010, 9:39 pm

If we tie Algeria, we can still advance if England ties Slovenia - as long as England does not outscore us by two or more goals, or if England loses.
-- DukeUsul
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 18th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Just win, baby!!

FWIW, that Algeria - England scoreless draw was a real snooze of a game. At least England is doing better than France. One of the French newspapers has a headline for them: Les Imposteurs!

Germany fared horribly yesterday, and lose one of their stars, Klose, for their next game.

I am just hoping that Spain comes alive.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 18th, 2010, 9:57 pm

Bruce (MrLawgrad) said he listened to the BBC on satellite radio on his way home from work, and they were absolutely lambasting the English team.

He grew up in Ghana and Ivory Coast and is pretty excited about both of their chances.

Miles and I chatted during the first half of the USA-Slovenia game. The USA got markedly better when I actually did work, instead of chatting and trying to find a livestream on our antiquated somputer system.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 18th, 2010, 10:38 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Framed my dogwood and holly paintings tonight. (IMA, I took your advice and toned down the sig in the holly painting) Tomorrow I've got to deliver them to Franklin Square gallery in Southport, and they judge the paintings on Sunday. They are judging not only the best works, but which paintings get hung at all, so I'm crossing my fingers that I just get in the show.

http://www.franklinsquaregallery.com/
Southport is the tiniest most artsy-fartsy out of the way town on the planet! Anyways, got the paintings there today, saw lots of really good art already delivered. I find out Monday if I'm in or not.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 18th, 2010, 10:54 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Framed my dogwood and holly paintings tonight. (IMA, I took your advice and toned down the sig in the holly painting) Tomorrow I've got to deliver them to Franklin Square gallery in Southport, and they judge the paintings on Sunday. They are judging not only the best works, but which paintings get hung at all, so I'm crossing my fingers that I just get in the show.

Southport is the tiniest most artsy-fartsy out of the way town on the planet! Anyways, got the paintings there today, saw lots of really good art already delivered. I find out Monday if I'm in or not.
Major vibes for you, CB&B! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f: :duke: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 18th, 2010, 11:27 pm

If they don't accept your paintings, just let me know who I have to go and knock upside the head.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 19th, 2010, 12:26 am

DukieInKansas wrote:

If they don't accept your paintings, just let me know who I have to go and knock upside the head.
LOL...they were all a bunch of little old ladies. They probably have the Wizard hidden behind the green curtain.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 19th, 2010, 7:00 am

Lavabe wrote:Just win, baby!!

FWIW, that Algeria - England scoreless draw was a real snooze of a game. At least England is doing better than France. One of the French newspapers has a headline for them: Les Imposteurs!

Germany fared horribly yesterday, and lose one of their stars, Klose, for their next game.

I am just hoping that Spain comes alive.
Was Zidane on their '98 team? Without him, France wouldn't have been much in the World Cup. Not awful or anything, but not a threat to win it.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » June 19th, 2010, 7:43 am

DukieInKansas wrote:

You've more than your share of shit-k...Oops, shin-kickers at your disposal. :Clap: May God help them if refusal takes place. :evil:

Best of luck to you. Your talent should be recognized.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 19th, 2010, 1:36 pm

ValleyOfFireSmall.jpg
Valley of Fire 22" X 30". My next desert painting is going to be smaller, sooooooo many details to handle; in a big painting like this they get to be tedious.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 19th, 2010, 1:39 pm

ValleyOfFireSmall.jpg
Valley of Fire 22" X 30". My next desert painting is going to be smaller, sooooooo many details to handle; in a big painting like this they get to be tedious.
I love this! You are so talented. ^:)^
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 19th, 2010, 2:27 pm

ValleyOfFireSmall.jpg
Stunning.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 19th, 2010, 2:28 pm

Making up for lost time. :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 19th, 2010, 2:35 pm

devildeac wrote:Making up for lost time. :D
Gotta get that number back up to 10% :ymblushing:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 19th, 2010, 5:56 pm

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:Making up for lost time. :D
Gotta get that number back up to 10% :ymblushing:
If you want to be a PW, don't get a kitten. She has monopolized all my time the last week+.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 19th, 2010, 6:00 pm

[quote="YmoBeThere"}If you want to be a PW, don't get a kitten. She has monopolized all my time the last week+.[/quote]

What did you decide to name her?
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 19th, 2010, 7:14 pm

Her name is Audrey. The film in question is...

(Charade with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn)
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 20th, 2010, 5:02 am

From over yonder: "He’s also halfway through law school." Lee Melchionni is a year into law school. I thought law school was a six semester journey if you did everything "right" and finished on time. Or am I being too literal this early in the morning?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 20th, 2010, 7:43 am

Law school is a six semester struggle at most schools. There are a few on the quarter system and at least one that accepts students year round.
Iron Duke #1471997.