Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Johnboy
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: 2010 Washington Redskins thread...

Post by Johnboy » September 13th, 2010, 9:58 pm

bjornolf wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Were the Skins uniforms different last night, or were they always that ugly? They seemed extra burgandy and mustardy looking.
They decided to revive the uniforms of the hay day in the 80s a little bit. I liked it. On HD they looked gold. :D

@};-
80s? Here's Pro Football Hall of Fame member and Duke alumnus Sonny Jurgenson playing for the Washington Redskins in the 1960s in gold pants. I love that uniform!
"And Johnboy is right" - lawgrad91
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 13th, 2010, 10:14 pm

Johnboy wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Were the Skins uniforms different last night, or were they always that ugly? They seemed extra burgandy and mustardy looking.
They decided to revive the uniforms of the hay day in the 80s a little bit. I liked it. On HD they looked gold. :D

@};-
80s? Here's Pro Football Hall of Fame member and Duke alumnus Sonny Jurgenson playing for the Washington Redskins in the 1960s in gold pants. I love that uniform!
THAT is a classy look.
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 20th, 2010, 6:09 am

Ah, another painful ending. That timeout on the 52 yarder just KILLED me. I knew it was over after that. It's too bad that Davis missed the block on the field goal in regulation, or it would've been a moot point. Oh, well, at least the team played well. Need to tighten up the D a little and get SOME semblance of a running game going. If Trent Williams is badly injured, we're SCREWED. Heyer played okay, but he's NOT a left tackle, and it showed.

Well, we took on of the best teams in the NFL to overtime, so that's a step up, certainly. Just couldn't close the deal. We NEED a running game. I love McNabb, but we can't expect him to do it without ANY run support at all, if for nothing else than to make the play action work. And Carlos Rogers CAUGHT an interception! Woo hoo!

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 20th, 2010, 6:48 am

bjornolf wrote:Ah, another painful ending. That timeout on the 52 yarder just KILLED me. I knew it was over after that. It's too bad that Davis missed the block on the field goal in regulation, or it would've been a moot point. Oh, well, at least the team played well. Need to tighten up the D a little and get SOME semblance of a running game going. If Trent Williams is badly injured, we're SCREWED. Heyer played okay, but he's NOT a left tackle, and it showed.

Well, we took on of the best teams in the NFL to overtime, so that's a step up, certainly. Just couldn't close the deal. We NEED a running game. I love McNabb, but we can't expect him to do it without ANY run support at all, if for nothing else than to make the play action work. And Carlos Rogers CAUGHT an interception! Woo hoo!

@};-
I DO NOT like Gary Kubiak. It was a great strategy call, just wish he'd used on someone else. I agree, it was over for the Skins at that point.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » September 20th, 2010, 10:03 am

I hope Skins fans don't rip McNabb on that one. That's what Philly fans would do. Blame McNabb for not pulling one out of his arse when McNabb was the only reason the Skins went up in that game and had a chance to win it.
-- DukeUsul
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 20th, 2010, 10:39 am

DukeUsul wrote:I hope Skins fans don't rip McNabb on that one. That's what Philly fans would do. Blame McNabb for not pulling one out of his arse when McNabb was the only reason the Skins went up in that game and had a chance to win it.
I'm not ripping McNabb, was hoping he'd remember overtime was sudden death.
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 20th, 2010, 4:51 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I hope Skins fans don't rip McNabb on that one. That's what Philly fans would do. Blame McNabb for not pulling one out of his arse when McNabb was the only reason the Skins went up in that game and had a chance to win it.
Most people are praising McNabb on the radio, but wishing we had a running game to have killed the clock in regulation. They're also saying that we need to get McNabb a running game so his arm doesn't fall off throwing 45 times a game. If anything, we're very sympathetic to McNabb.

Of course, we still had about 40% of fans supporting Campbell right up until the trade, so there you go. ;)

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 3rd, 2010, 5:10 pm

Even I am rooting for the Skins today against the Eagles, and the now-injured Michael Vick. :O3
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 5th, 2010, 5:05 am

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Iggle fans do the right thing for once and cheer McNabb when he came out in pre-game. Way to be classy for once, guys. :D

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 7th, 2010, 8:42 am

bjornolf wrote:I was pleasantly surprised to see the Iggle fans do the right thing for once and cheer McNabb when he came out in pre-game. Way to be classy for once, guys. :D

@};-
IMHO, they lose that credit because they had to root for Michael Vick. :O3
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 9th, 2010, 6:38 am

Lavabe wrote:
bjornolf wrote:I was pleasantly surprised to see the Iggle fans do the right thing for once and cheer McNabb when he came out in pre-game. Way to be classy for once, guys. :D

@};-
IMHO, they lose that credit because they had to root for Michael Vick. :O3
Unfortunately, for the fan, what other choice does he/she have?
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"