LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 14th, 2009, 10:22 pm

Home & tired...and still toting lots of oysters. I was gonna find them a new home, but then thought about it and I'm gonna steam and then can the ones I have. I should be able to fill up a few jars.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 14th, 2009, 10:30 pm

Despite the game, Ezzmarellda had a wonderful time today. She got to hang out with a high school buddy and drink, she then went back into WW, quickly left and resumed Brunchgating and drank! She was then chauffeured by CB&B out to Efland to deliver oysters to the parental units and finally home to the beach. What a wonderful fun day. GTHC (lucky freaking bastards :( )
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 14th, 2009, 10:33 pm

c'mon you guests, login and post!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 14th, 2009, 10:34 pm

devildeac wrote:c'mon you guests, login and post!
No shit...7 of em!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » November 14th, 2009, 10:35 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:c'mon you guests, login and post!
No shit...7 of em!
Bizzare-o
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » November 14th, 2009, 11:45 pm

Just one guest now. Guess you scared them off. ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 14th, 2009, 11:46 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:Just one guest now. Guess you scared them off. ;)
Musta been CB&B 'cuz I wouldn't do anything like that :roll: :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » November 15th, 2009, 2:27 am

I posted this to my FB page too, but in case you didn't see it there -

http://www.giantstridephotography.com/S ... 9786_6m5aS

Diving today, we ran across a rather sizeable Giant Pacific Octopus (GPO.) Normally, we see them in various nooks and crannies, but they sleep during the day, do their hunting at night primarily, so are rather inactive and not all that exciting. You see them breathe, maybe watch a couple suckers quiver, and move on.

Today, this GPO was VERY curious. Mr. DA was doing the video-taping, and i was watching. We've heard stories about octos putting up fights over regulators (what you breathe from) and cameras, etc., and I was just thinking to myself, "I wonder how this one feels about us watching him and shining bright lights at him," when whammo - out come two arms and they just wrap up onto the camera, and Mr. DA's face!! (He had a hood on, plus mask, so it only landed/sucked on his cheek and regulator.)

I watched it for about 5 seconds, watched Mr. DA tug a bit on the camera, obviously fighting a tiny bit with the GPO, then kind of freaked out and reached out and pulled the tentacle arm off of Mr. DA. As soon as the octo felt my pull, it retracted back down into its crevasse. We stayed and watched it - it reached out a couple more times, but backed off quickly - until we were running low on air and had to leave. During our safety stop, Mr. DA pointed out that the octo had pulled off a lens filter - seems like a fair trade, we got good video. ;)

Definitely one of the cooler dives we've done of late. :D :D Didn't hurt that when we came up to the surface, we were in sight of the Seattle skyline and Mount Rainier.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 15th, 2009, 4:45 am

Good morning, all.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 15th, 2009, 4:47 am

What timezone is CTN in? I just posted at 4:45 a.m. EST according to all the clocks in my house, including Directv's, but CTN says I posted at 5:45. I'm confused. Is CTN based out of the Caribbean or something? ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 15th, 2009, 6:24 am

bjornolf wrote:What timezone is CTN in? I just posted at 4:45 a.m. EST according to all the clocks in my house, including Directv's, but CTN says I posted at 5:45. I'm confused. Is CTN based out of the Caribbean or something? ;)

%%-
You have to adjust your user setting for daylight saving time, as per this comment:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1008&p=40827&hilit=daylight#p40827

Of course, that doesn't adjust it for the guests. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 15th, 2009, 6:27 am

Lavabe wrote:
bjornolf wrote:What timezone is CTN in? I just posted at 4:45 a.m. EST according to all the clocks in my house, including Directv's, but CTN says I posted at 5:45. I'm confused. Is CTN based out of the Caribbean or something? ;)

%%-
You have to adjust your user setting for daylight saving time, as per this comment:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1008&p=40827&hilit=daylight#p40827

Of course, that doesn't adjust it for the guests. ;)
Thanks. Never saw that comment.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 15th, 2009, 6:28 am

Today is Sunday...

... better known as NASCAR race day. \m/
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 15th, 2009, 8:04 am

DevilAlumna wrote: Definitely one of the cooler dives we've done of late. :D :D Didn't hurt that when we came up to the surface, we were in sight of the Seattle skyline and Mount Rainier.
Wow, that is so cool! How long do your dives usually last?
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » November 15th, 2009, 9:24 am

Lavabe wrote:Today is Sunday...

... better known as NASCAR race day. \m/
Hmm let's see. I have shitty North Carolina NFL coverage here so I can either watch the Redskins game or the Panthers game. Or thanks for the tip, I could watch cars drive around in circles for four hours. Hmm. I think maybe I need to go see Ozzie's endodontist and ask him to pull some pefectly healthy teeth, sounds like more fun. :)) :)) :)) :))
-- DukeUsul
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 15th, 2009, 9:28 am

DevilAlumna wrote:I posted this to my FB page too, but in case you didn't see it there -

http://www.giantstridephotography.com/S ... 9786_6m5aS

Diving today, we ran across a rather sizeable Giant Pacific Octopus (GPO.) Normally, we see them in various nooks and crannies, but they sleep during the day, do their hunting at night primarily, so are rather inactive and not all that exciting. You see them breathe, maybe watch a couple suckers quiver, and move on.

Today, this GPO was VERY curious. Mr. DA was doing the video-taping, and i was watching. We've heard stories about octos putting up fights over regulators (what you breathe from) and cameras, etc., and I was just thinking to myself, "I wonder how this one feels about us watching him and shining bright lights at him," when whammo - out come two arms and they just wrap up onto the camera, and Mr. DA's face!! (He had a hood on, plus mask, so it only landed/sucked on his cheek and regulator.)

I watched it for about 5 seconds, watched Mr. DA tug a bit on the camera, obviously fighting a tiny bit with the GPO, then kind of freaked out and reached out and pulled the tentacle arm off of Mr. DA. As soon as the octo felt my pull, it retracted back down into its crevasse. We stayed and watched it - it reached out a couple more times, but backed off quickly - until we were running low on air and had to leave. During our safety stop, Mr. DA pointed out that the octo had pulled off a lens filter - seems like a fair trade, we got good video. ;)

Definitely one of the cooler dives we've done of late. :D :D Didn't hurt that when we came up to the surface, we were in sight of the Seattle skyline and Mount Rainier.
Thank you for the video and story. I have never seen anything like this.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 15th, 2009, 9:29 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Home & tired...and still toting lots of oysters. I was gonna find them a new home, but then thought about it and I'm gonna steam and then can the ones I have. I should be able to fill up a few jars.
Great idea. They are soooo good. :)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 15th, 2009, 9:34 am

If I keep pwing a little more today, I can easily reach 600. :D
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 15th, 2009, 10:18 am

Happy Sunday, all! I'm at work for a short period of time before heading to church. Came in and found yet another mistake found by slacker co-worker. I seriously debated calling her lazy ass in to fix it, but I just decided to go ahead and get it done. However, I did take a screen shot of the mistake I had to fix and sent it to the boss (slacker was copied). :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 15th, 2009, 10:21 am

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Didn't seem to have helped...
That's because no one sent MAJOR ASS vibes. ;)
Do I get any credit in the MAJOR ASS vibes saga? Tilly used the phrase, I made the wisenheimer comment about what "major ass vibes" must mean, and it took off from there. I want to be a part of the official CTN lore! ;;) :D ;)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein