LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » March 12th, 2011, 11:53 am

captmojo wrote:I'm purely, tunnel-visoned into basketball today. Sights are completely set on beating the turkeys. I'm not, I promise,
putting one ounce of thought into the fact that my employer has just, unilaterally, decided to cut my, and all other
employee's pay rate, by 20%...right out of the blue, with no prior announcement and no justification. Even though
we have a contract and a year old court ruling against them that was to prevent their taking such actions. I'm not
thinking about that. Basketball rules the day today! I have left work issues at the workplace. 8-| :liar: :twitch:

I swear.

Really, I swear. A lot! What ASSHOLES! :violence-stickwhack:
Dirtbag bastards! :Gentleman: :whipped:
I could go on but...BASKETBALL FIRST! :angry-extinguishflame:
Crapola!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 12th, 2011, 11:53 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I've been on 1000mg augmentin 2x/day since Tuesday, but I still feel like crud. Stayed home from work 2 days and drug myself there the remaining 3. Am still running a low-grade fever on and off, and I currently don't have the energy to get out of the recliner. Also still have a swollen gland just below my right ear. Whatever the heck this is that I have, I want it to go the heck away.

I was supposed to be singing with my choir in a big concert this weekend (a Widor mass, Basler's Missa Kenya). Took myself out of play when I didn't feel like going to rehearsal on Thursday. I think this was a good move; there's no way I would've made it through 2 hrs of rehearsal this morning and a long day tomorrow. Besides, I missed a significant number of rehearsals when I had laryingitis, so I'm not entirely comfortable with either piece of music. On the plus side, it give me a good chunk of time to prepare for the seminar that I'm giving on Tuesday. It also gives me more time to watch basketball this weekend. All in all, a good outcome. (I'd still like for the bug to GO AWAY!)

AD, I hope you feel better soon!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 12th, 2011, 11:58 am

I am on a new laptop. I love my new laptop.
Best Buy had it on their front rack, it was priced $479. Originally it was over $500. They didn't have any specs on it, so I asked the guy to print out a spec sheet. He printed it out from their outlet center, and the price at the top of the page was $429. I asked if I could get that price, and he said they would match it. Wooohooo! :happy-bouncyblue:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 12th, 2011, 12:02 pm

Fordrl just texted me that they are getting ready to take a helicopter ride. I'm jealous...how fun! Hopefully she sends pics. (They are in Myrtle Beach on a "girls weekend".)

I took an introductory flight lesson here at the beach a few years ago..it was way cool. I got to take off, land, and fly the plane for about a half hour. The instructor never took over, which was both good and bad. Good because it was so fun, bad because I never got to take photos..lol.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » March 12th, 2011, 12:04 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I am on a new laptop. I love my new laptop.
Best Buy had it on their front rack, it was priced $479. Originally it was over $500. They didn't have any specs on it, so I asked the guy to print out a spec sheet. He printed it out from their outlet center, and the price at the top of the page was $429. I asked if I could get that price, and he said they would match it. Wooohooo! :happy-bouncyblue:
Congratulations!! Very Duke Blue will be so proud of your negotiating skills! GO DUKE!!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 12th, 2011, 12:05 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Get better soon vibes AD!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks CB&B!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 12th, 2011, 12:05 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I've been on 1000mg augmentin 2x/day since Tuesday, but I still feel like crud. Stayed home from work 2 days and drug myself there the remaining 3. Am still running a low-grade fever on and off, and I currently don't have the energy to get out of the recliner. Also still have a swollen gland just below my right ear. Whatever the heck this is that I have, I want it to go the heck away.

I was supposed to be singing with my choir in a big concert this weekend (a Widor mass, Basler's Missa Kenya). Took myself out of play when I didn't feel like going to rehearsal on Thursday. I think this was a good move; there's no way I would've made it through 2 hrs of rehearsal this morning and a long day tomorrow. Besides, I missed a significant number of rehearsals when I had laryingitis, so I'm not entirely comfortable with either piece of music. On the plus side, it give me a good chunk of time to prepare for the seminar that I'm giving on Tuesday. It also gives me more time to watch basketball this weekend. All in all, a good outcome. (I'd still like for the bug to GO AWAY!)

AD, I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks, CathyCA! :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 12th, 2011, 12:07 pm

Congrats on the new laptop, CB&B! Sounds like you got a great deal. Was it a refurb? That's how I got mine. :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 12th, 2011, 12:08 pm

captmojo wrote:I'm purely, tunnel-visoned into basketball today. Sights are completely set on beating the turkeys. I'm not, I promise,
putting one ounce of thought into the fact that my employer has just, unilaterally, decided to cut my, and all other
employee's pay rate, by 20%...right out of the blue, with no prior announcement and no justification. Even though
we have a contract and a year old court ruling against them that was to prevent their taking such actions. I'm not
thinking about that. Basketball rules the day today! I have left work issues at the workplace. 8-| :liar: :twitch:

I swear.

Really, I swear. A lot! What ASSHOLES! :violence-stickwhack:
Dirtbag bastards! :Gentleman: :whipped:
I could go on but...BASKETBALL FIRST! :angry-extinguishflame:
Castrating shin kicks to the shit-breathed bastard. What an ass wipe. X( X( :flame: :flame: :Angry Orc: :Angry Orc: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-steamingears: :angry-teeth: :angry-screaming:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 12th, 2011, 12:09 pm

I hope you turn the corner today. Get Better!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 12th, 2011, 12:10 pm

devildeac wrote:I took a bit of liberty with the lyrics from the chorus of this song by the Scorpions:

Here I am, choking like a hurricane
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!! Well done, DevilDeac!!!
=)) =)) =))
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 12th, 2011, 12:21 pm

DukePA wrote:

I hope you turn the corner today. Get Better!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks DPA! :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 12th, 2011, 4:09 pm

Very good news! What kind of laptop is it?

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 12th, 2011, 4:26 pm

CathyCA wrote:

It's an Asus.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 12th, 2011, 4:46 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

It's an Asus.
Their U.S. HQ is about 3 miles from ExLax's new house.

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 12th, 2011, 6:23 pm

CathyCA wrote:Their U.S. HQ is about 3 miles from ExLax's new house.

Shin kicks to ExLax, just because it seems like a good rule in general. :ymdevil: :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 12th, 2011, 8:21 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

Shin kicks to ExLax, just because it seems like a good rule in general. :ymdevil: :9f:
Thank you, AD.

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 12th, 2011, 9:17 pm

Thanks to all the shin-kickers.
Get well AD. Maybe a big win tomorrow will help.
CB&B has mad buying skills.
Hope Fordgrl continues having fun with flight in MB.
Go to Hell Curaliner, go to Hell!
Take Exlax with you.
Went by the workplace early this afternoon and the doors were all locked. Very strange. :-?
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 12th, 2011, 9:22 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

Thank you, AD.

You are most welcome. Another round of shin kicks! Bet he also needs a batch of ExLax brownies. :ymdevil: :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 12th, 2011, 9:32 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Their U.S. HQ is about 3 miles from ExLax's new house.

Thank you, AD.

You are most welcome. Another round of shin kicks! Bet he also needs a batch of ExLax brownies. :ymdevil: :9f:[/quote]

Yes! Shin kicks and ExLax brownies! :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.