Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by bjornolf » December 21st, 2010, 1:30 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Which is better:
Lowe's or Home Depot?
Depends what you're buying and who has the better deal/sale, and which one is more convenient to where you live.
I definitely agree there. We have a Lowe's that's directly across the street from a Home Depot in Woodbridge. There are some things the one has better price/selection on, and the other is better for other things.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 21st, 2010, 3:06 pm

bjornolf wrote:
CathyCA wrote: I didn't mean to make you get all misty. So long as they're tears of joy, they're allowed!
My dad and I are going through all the firsts this year. First Halloween without Mom. My first birthday without Mom. First Thanksgiving. First Christmas. My mom's birthday the day after Christmas. First Easter. It's pretty brutal. I was driving from the old house to the new house with the movers yesterday and Christmas Shoes came on the radio. I thoroughly embarrassed myself when the kids' choir sang about her going to meet Jesus on Christmas eve. I feel like such an idiot.

@};-
I despise that Christmas Shoes song for that very reason. Worst.Christmas.Song.Ever.

But your tears are good, and they're cleansing. Let them flow.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 21st, 2010, 3:10 pm

My dental procedure went well this morning. In fact, it went $1K better than I thought it was going to go. Because the dentist didn't have to do as much tooth prep, he knocked $1K off of his estimate.

I'm supposed to be napping now, but this is more fun.

I'll nap later.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 21st, 2010, 4:30 pm

bjornolf wrote:
CathyCA wrote: I didn't mean to make you get all misty. So long as they're tears of joy, they're allowed!
My dad and I are going through all the firsts this year. First Halloween without Mom. My first birthday without Mom. First Thanksgiving. First Christmas. My mom's birthday the day after Christmas. First Easter. It's pretty brutal. I was driving from the old house to the new house with the movers yesterday and Christmas Shoes came on the radio. I thoroughly embarrassed myself when the kids' choir sang about her going to meet Jesus on Christmas eve. I feel like such an idiot.

@};-
You are not an idiot. You loved your Mom, and loss of a beloved parent is a hard thing to deal with, no matter what age you are. Anyone who can't understand, well, they've never suffered the loss of a loved one.

If it's any consolation, the first ones are the worst, and it does get better. :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » December 21st, 2010, 4:54 pm

I think 'Last Christmas' by Wham is the worst Christmas song ever, but that's just me.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 21st, 2010, 5:22 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I think 'Last Christmas' by Wham is the worst Christmas song ever, but that's just me.
It's not just you, and that PAINFUL song has been a sore earworm this year because they did it on GLEE.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 21st, 2010, 6:00 pm

CathyCA wrote:My dental procedure went well this morning. In fact, it went $1K better than I thought it was going to go. Because the dentist didn't have to do as much tooth prep, he knocked $1K off of his estimate.

I'll nap later.
Cool! So glad to hear it! Smile purty now :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 21st, 2010, 6:14 pm

I'm done with my Christmas shopping. I've run out of money. :((

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 21st, 2010, 7:00 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:My dental procedure went well this morning. In fact, it went $1K better than I thought it was going to go. Because the dentist didn't have to do as much tooth prep, he knocked $1K off of his estimate.

I'll nap later.
Cool! So glad to hear it! Smile purty now :D
:D

Trying to decide what to do with the extra $1K I was going to spend. Paris, maybe?

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 21st, 2010, 7:31 pm

Lavabe wrote:Just now read that Honda abandoned all plans for an Accord hybrid. :-o =((
They did make a few some time back. If I remember right, they would be 2008 or '07 year models. Unlike the Civic, they actually had a little power. They still haven't solved the lack of power problems for that Civic. I only remember, or can think of, one year of them (Accords). They must have had troubles.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 21st, 2010, 7:36 pm

captmojo wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Just now read that Honda abandoned all plans for an Accord hybrid. :-o =((
They did make a few some time back. If I remember right, they would be 2008 or '07 year models. Unlike the Civic, they actually had a little power. They still haven't solved the lack of power problems for that Civic. I only remember, or can think of, one year of them (Accords). They must have had troubles.
The Accord hybrid was built for power, not mileage. I test drove one. It accelerated great, about the same or a bit better than the V6, but also got the same gas mileage as the V6 for an extra $4K, so they didn't sell worth didlysquat.

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 21st, 2010, 7:50 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I think 'Last Christmas' by Wham is the worst Christmas song ever, but that's just me.
Correction from my previous post.
According to iTunes, it's the most popular tune off the Glee Christmas CD. :ymtongue:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 21st, 2010, 9:02 pm

Lavabe wrote:
It's not just you, and that PAINFUL song has been a sore earworm this year because they did it on GLEE.
Glad to know I'm in good company. I want to stomp on my eardrums every time I hear "Last Christmas."
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 21st, 2010, 10:15 pm

Shame they did not get it right the first time. They made it a 260+HP V-6 at way over 30K instead of a 175-180 HP I-4 at about 26-28K to compete with the Camry and Fusion.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 21st, 2010, 10:22 pm

captmojo wrote:
They did not sell well at all. Honda went for power instead of economy. Not many folks wanted to spend well over 30K for a car that got about 30 MPG when they could spend 22K and get an I-4 Accord that got 34 MPG highway. Or, spend about 26-27k for a Camry hybrid that gets 36+ MPG.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 22nd, 2010, 5:55 am

I delivered 3 Accords Monday. Two were manual transmissions and one was automatic. The automatic had stickered $4000 and $2500 less than the others, nicely option equipped and displayed 34mpg highway while the straight drives were showing 33mpg.

Note...If I'm gonna spend that much money (over $22K), I expect the car to do the work of changing gears...not me. :idea:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 22nd, 2010, 8:37 am

captmojo wrote:I delivered 3 Accords Monday. Two were manual transmissions and one was automatic. The automatic had stickered $4000 and $2500 less than the others, nicely option equipped and displayed 34mpg highway while the straight drives were showing 33mpg.

Note...If I'm gonna spend that much money (over $22K), I expect the car to do the work of changing gears...not me. :idea:
Honda charges $800 more for the automatic tranny. I prefer a 5 or 6 speed. Just more fun to drive.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 22nd, 2010, 6:19 pm

Mom called today to tell me that there's a big snow storm coming and I should drive down tomorrow. I called back to tell her that she's about 2 days behind me - I made that decision on Monday. :))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 22nd, 2010, 6:32 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Mom called today to tell me that there's a big snow storm coming and I should drive down tomorrow. I called back to tell her that she's about 2 days behind me - I made that decision on Monday. :))
Safe travels!

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 22nd, 2010, 6:39 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Mom called today to tell me that there's a big snow storm coming and I should drive down tomorrow. I called back to tell her that she's about 2 days behind me - I made that decision on Monday. :))
Safe travels!
Thanks! The storm may end up being nothing, but I'd rather get there a day early and not have to worry about it.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein