Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » December 19th, 2010, 10:21 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Hugs and vibes to Cathy. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thank you!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 19th, 2010, 10:22 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I've gotten through most of the day without crying.
Sometimes that strength is good. I'd go ahead and let a few tears flow. You really might feel better.
They're flowing.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 19th, 2010, 10:23 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Today is also the day my dad died 9 years ago.
This is also sad, but the pleasant memories hopefully far outweigh any of the pain of his passing. This feeling I know and most folks here realize that my/our family memories of my Dad are overwhelmingly positive and happy.
What DD said is so true. My memories of my parents have not faded. I still, after all these years, think of them often. I feel fortunate to have had them for as long as I did, which was not long enough. :ymhug: :ymhug:
We never have them with us long enough, do we?

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 19th, 2010, 10:23 pm

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I've gotten through most of the day without crying.
Sometimes that strength is good. I'd go ahead and let a few tears flow. You really might feel better.
They're flowing.
Good.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 19th, 2010, 10:29 pm

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
This is also sad, but the pleasant memories hopefully far outweigh any of the pain of his passing. This feeling I know and most folks here realize that my/our family memories of my Dad are overwhelmingly positive and happy.
I had such a wonderful dad. I have so many lovely memories of him. I wish he'd lived longer to see his grandchildren grow up. And selfishly, I wish he were here because there are so many times I need to ask him questions--I KNOW he knows the answers--and he's not here. . .
I am remembering now about all the events my Dad was able to witness in our children's lives and am so thankful for that. Then, I think about what he won't be able to see in the next year and I get a bit misty. However, as Cathy said about my Dad's view of the Final Four this year, "He had the best seat in the house." I believe it will be the same for the other milestones in our lives in 2011.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 19th, 2010, 10:30 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
devildeac wrote: This is also sad, but the pleasant memories hopefully far outweigh any of the pain of his passing. This feeling I know and most folks here realize that my/our family memories of my Dad are overwhelmingly positive and happy.
What DD said is so true. My memories of my parents have not faded. I still, after all these years, think of them often. I feel fortunate to have had them for as long as I did, which was not long enough. :ymhug: :ymhug:
We never have them with us long enough, do we?
No, we don't, but we don't have that power.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 19th, 2010, 10:58 pm

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: to Cathy.

Hey, at least both traumatic events are on the same day, so you don't have to be sad twice!

Seriously, it's wonderful that both your sons called you today. How very thoughtful.

It's tough for a Daddy's Girl to lose her dad, no matter how old either of them are. Remember the happy times with your dad, and know how proud he is of you.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 19th, 2010, 11:07 pm

:ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 19th, 2010, 11:09 pm

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Today is my wedding anniversary.
When the sadness invades your thoughts, think of the children and some of the other good memories.
The kids are in California with ExLax today. I'm really trying to be positive. Both boys have called me today. They are so sweet and caring.
It's great that they both called you, Cathy. That is a testament to your influence on them.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 19th, 2010, 11:15 pm

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
I had such a wonderful dad. I have so many lovely memories of him. I wish he'd lived longer to see his grandchildren grow up. And selfishly, I wish he were here because there are so many times I need to ask him questions--I KNOW he knows the answers--and he's not here. . .
:ymhug: :ymhug: I think your dad would be very proud of you and of your sons. I'm fortunate enough to have both of my parents, so I can't claim to know exactly how you feel. However, I have lost a grandmother that I was very close to. I totally understand the desire to talk to someone who's not physically here any more.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 19th, 2010, 11:16 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote: Sometimes that strength is good. I'd go ahead and let a few tears flow. You really might feel better.
They're flowing.
Good.
I still feel like :poo: .

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 19th, 2010, 11:17 pm

devildeac wrote: I am remembering now about all the events my Dad was able to witness in our children's lives and am so thankful for that. Then, I think about what he won't be able to see in the next year and I get a bit misty. However, as Cathy said about my Dad's view of the Final Four this year, "He had the best seat in the house." I believe it will be the same for the other milestones in our lives in 2011.
He will have the best seat in the house at your 2011 milestones, too. But you'll still want to hug him, and your arms and your heart will ache.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 19th, 2010, 11:18 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote: We never have them with us long enough, do we?
No, we don't, but we don't have that power.
That would be a nice super power to have. . .

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 19th, 2010, 11:19 pm

devildeac wrote:I am remembering now about all the events my Dad was able to witness in our children's lives and am so thankful for that. Then, I think about what he won't be able to see in the next year and I get a bit misty. However, as Cathy said about my Dad's view of the Final Four this year, "He had the best seat in the house." I believe it will be the same for the other milestones in our lives in 2011.
:ymhug: and :wizard: to you and your family, devildeac.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 19th, 2010, 11:22 pm

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote: I am remembering now about all the events my Dad was able to witness in our children's lives and am so thankful for that. Then, I think about what he won't be able to see in the next year and I get a bit misty. However, as Cathy said about my Dad's view of the Final Four this year, "He had the best seat in the house." I believe it will be the same for the other milestones in our lives in 2011.
He will have the best seat in the house at your 2011 milestones, too. But you'll still want to hug him, and your arms and your heart will ache.
So sad and so true.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 19th, 2010, 11:22 pm

lawgrad91 wrote::ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: to Cathy.

Hey, at least both traumatic events are on the same day, so you don't have to be sad twice!

Seriously, it's wonderful that both your sons called you today. How very thoughtful.

It's tough for a Daddy's Girl to lose her dad, no matter how old either of them are. Remember the happy times with your dad, and know how proud he is of you.
I think my dad had some sort of foresight about the demise of my marriage. His dying on my 14th anniversary was a message to me, I think. This is the worst day of the year for me.

My dad was the only man who has ever loved me unconditionally. No matter how badly I screwed up, he still loved me with his whole heart. I wish I could have that again.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 19th, 2010, 11:23 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
:ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug:
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: back at you, AD!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 19th, 2010, 11:24 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: It's great that they both called you, Cathy. That is a testament to your influence on them.
Well, I do pay their phone bills! ;)

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 19th, 2010, 11:25 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:I am remembering now about all the events my Dad was able to witness in our children's lives and am so thankful for that. Then, I think about what he won't be able to see in the next year and I get a bit misty. However, as Cathy said about my Dad's view of the Final Four this year, "He had the best seat in the house." I believe it will be the same for the other milestones in our lives in 2011.
:ymhug: and :wizard: to you and your family, devildeac.
Thanks. There are so many more tears of joy than tears of sadness when we think about my Dad. Tough time of year. I gotta go to bed now. Y'all are making me misty again.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 19th, 2010, 11:26 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: :ymhug: :ymhug: I think your dad would be very proud of you and of your sons. I'm fortunate enough to have both of my parents, so I can't claim to know exactly how you feel. However, I have lost a grandmother that I was very close to. I totally understand the desire to talk to someone who's not physically here any more.
I hope you get to keep your parents around for a long, time, AD. Mom and Dad hugs are the best!

~ James Naismith