Toe ligament healing vibes

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Toe ligament healing vibes

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 10th, 2010, 9:49 am

Blue Devil Club luncheon today with Coach K as the speaker. I expect him to shed absolutely no new (brighter) light whatsoever on his plans or Kyrie's health.

My question to him will be what you and I have previously discussed it will be ;) , and yes, I did Google "The Boss" performing said song! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 10th, 2010, 10:20 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Blue Devil Club luncheon today with Coach K as the speaker. I expect him to shed absolutely no new (brighter) light whatsoever on his plans or Kyrie's health.

My question to him will be what you and I have previously discussed it will be ;) , and yes, I did Google "The Boss" performing said song! :9f:
Well, fee, fee, fi, fi, fo, fo fum...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 10th, 2010, 1:02 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Blue Devil Club luncheon today with Coach K as the speaker. I expect him to shed absolutely no new (brighter) light whatsoever on his plans or Kyrie's health.

Soooooo...

when is he gonna play it at a game? ;)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 10th, 2010, 3:47 pm

Kyrie was at the women's game last night (I think with Thornton and Hairston). I couldn't tell if he had his boot on, but I'm assuming so. The three of them were having a pretty good time, they were laughing hard at something. It was good to see him in good spirits.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » December 10th, 2010, 4:16 pm

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:9f: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:wizard: :9f: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f: :wizard: :wizard:
:wizard: :wizard: :9f: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f: :wizard:
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » December 10th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Potentially some good news...

http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_stor ... st_popular

Duke guard Kyrie Irving faces a complicated recovery from the toe injury that currently has him unavailable to the top-ranked Blue Devils.

Drederick Irving, Kyrie’s father, said Thursday the injury has been described to him as a “turf toe” on Kyrie’s right foot. The average healing time for that injury, which is a spraining of the big toe joint, is three to four weeks.

Currently, Drederick Irving said, the doctors have told him a full diagnosis of Kyrie’s toe can’t be completed until the swelling subsides.

Keep the vibes coming!

:9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 10th, 2010, 5:55 pm

I asked Coach K if he could ask Bruce Springsteen to sing Devil With The Blue Dress with the Pep Band during a time out. He thought it was a great idea! He's never met the Boss, and as of yet, he hasn't asked for tickets (his daughter is at Duke), but if he does... K met Steven Van Zandt last summer, and did an hour and a half on the Sirius Springsteen radio channel and had a blast doing that. He loves Springsteen! Who knew? :happy-bouncyblue: :D

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 10th, 2010, 7:44 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I asked Coach K if he could ask Bruce Springsteen to sing Devil With The Blue Dress with the Pep Band during a time out. He thought it was a great idea! He's never met the Boss, and as of yet, he hasn't asked for tickets (his daughter is at Duke), but if he does... K met Steven Van Zandt last summer, and did an hour and a half on the Sirius Springsteen radio channel and had a blast doing that. He loves Springsteen! Who knew? :happy-bouncyblue: :D
You mean like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPiBnICeKb8
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 10th, 2010, 7:45 pm

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I asked Coach K if he could ask Bruce Springsteen to sing Devil With The Blue Dress with the Pep Band during a time out. He thought it was a great idea! He's never met the Boss, and as of yet, he hasn't asked for tickets (his daughter is at Duke), but if he does... K met Steven Van Zandt last summer, and did an hour and a half on the Sirius Springsteen radio channel and had a blast doing that. He loves Springsteen! Who knew? :happy-bouncyblue: :D
You mean like this:

Maybe he could sing it for a certain cheerleader's wedding next summer, too... :think:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 10th, 2010, 7:46 pm

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:
You mean like this:

Maybe he could sing it for a certain cheerleader's wedding next summer, too... :think:
But, back to the designated topic:

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/college_ba ... y/8761768/
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 10th, 2010, 7:47 pm

devildeac wrote: Maybe he could sing it for a certain cheerleader's wedding next summer, too... :think:
My, but aren't you the frugal one? :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 10th, 2010, 8:02 pm

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:
You mean like this:

Cheerleader Daughter had better get busy making Springsteen Daughter her new BFF and bridesmaid in order to make that thing happen.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » December 10th, 2010, 9:31 pm

devildeac wrote:
You mean like this:

Don't you just love how Bruce does my song? :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 10th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
devildeac wrote:
You mean like this:

Don't you just love how Bruce does my song? :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
When I first saw Ozzie's post, I thought it said, "I asked Coach K if he could ask Bruce Springsteen to sing WITH Devil With The Blue Dress with the Pep Band...." :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 10th, 2010, 9:54 pm

An unauthorized writeup of the luncheon.
http://buzztap.com/link.jsp?id=2998357& ... ce=twitter

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 10th, 2010, 10:51 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
An unauthorized writeup of the luncheon.
http://buzztap.com/link.jsp?id=2998357& ... ce=twitter
Great stuff! Thanks for posting the link!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 10th, 2010, 11:41 pm

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote: You mean like this:

Cheerleader Daughter had better get busy making Springsteen Daughter her new BFF and bridesmaid in order to make that thing happen.
Guess I'd better go pee in a cup now and take it to the local toxicology lab... :ymblushing:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 11th, 2010, 3:55 am

Still no Tilly vibes? Damn, I'm worried. We're doomed. (think Linus in the Great Pumpkin.)

Paging the miracle worker to the toe ligament thread. Tilly? Tilly?

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 12th, 2010, 12:40 pm

Someone over there coined the phase Oz-Op. I sort of like that... =))
Here's a dose of Oz-Op for ya

With Kyrie at full speed, we are head, shoulders (and toes) better than any other college team in the country this season and it would take an extremely odd confluence of things to happen for us not to win any game (see Duke - UNLV 1991 or NCSU - Houston 1983 as two such examples). Without Kyrie, we are as good as, or better than, any other team in the country, which you can interpret as that on any given day the results against certain top level competitors the results could be more, uh, competitive...

Some of you out there prefer competitive, closely fought games over 25 to 50 point blowout wins. You will occasionally get your wish this season until Kyrie comes back.

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 16th, 2010, 8:40 am

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said Wednesday during his XM Radio show that freshman point guard Kyrie Irving will be out "a long time."
Continued vibes.. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.