Vibes for Tilly

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Vibes for Tilly

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 2nd, 2010, 9:48 am

Vibes, Tilly.
}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 2nd, 2010, 12:22 pm

Gentle chin scratches for Katie. Big hugs for you, Tilly.

Lots of vibes for both of you. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 3rd, 2010, 2:31 pm

Any update? :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 3rd, 2010, 2:40 pm

Lavabe wrote:Any update? :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
The vibes are definitely working. Katie had a good morning. When I got up she gave me a loud meow. She ate a little and drank a lot. The new "issue" I discovered to going to the bathroom. She is in pain when she does a #2 as she (what is cat for yelp?) makes a distressing meow. Yes I've making sure she potties.

I want to share so much with ya'll, like the time she stole the antique diamond ring my grandmother gave me for graduating from college. I hesitate to put it all down as I don't want to overstep the collection of vibes you all have been sending our way.

As I shared with someone earlier, I have been so blessed and "honored" to have had Katie in my life for 18 years. She has been a wonderful companion. :cat:
I worship the Blue Devil!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 3rd, 2010, 6:16 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Any update? :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
The vibes are definitely working. Katie had a good morning. When I got up she gave me a loud meow. She ate a little and drank a lot. The new "issue" I discovered to going to the bathroom. She is in pain when she does a #2 as she (what is cat for yelp?) makes a distressing meow. Yes I've making sure she potties.

I want to share so much with ya'll, like the time she stole the antique diamond ring my grandmother gave me for graduating from college. I hesitate to put it all down as I don't want to overstep the collection of vibes you all have been sending our way.

As I shared with someone earlier, I have been so blessed and "honored" to have had Katie in my life for 18 years. She has been a wonderful companion. :cat:
Glad to hear that she had a good morning! Vibes continue... :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 7th, 2010, 11:15 pm

Still working on vibes for Katie. How's she doing now?
Love, Ima :ymhug:
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 8th, 2010, 9:38 am

My :O3 :O3 :O3 send :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: to :cat:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 8th, 2010, 10:27 am

Once again CTN vibes are powerful. Katie had a clot in one of her major back arteries which led to her inability to walk. The doctor told me she had a few weeks to a month to live. Knowing Katie, who is a fighter, I knew it would be longer.

The clot seems to have completely dissolved and she is walking like she was the day before the clot, and she is back to her usual eating and drinking habits. I shared this with a vet when I was seeking information about in-home euthanasia (which by the way, is too expensive). The vet said it was miraculous. She is my miracle pussy.

Had I not seen Katie last Tuesday for myself, I'd never have believed she was knocking on death's door.

By no means is she completely out of the woods. She still has a grade 4 heart murmur which leads to thicker than normal blood, thus she could throw another clot. But who knows, she could be with us for another year or so. I'm taking each day as it comes and enjoying the small things with her.

Thank you all again for the vibes and asking about Katie. Your posts have been just the lift I needed my the darkest moments.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

to all of you!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 8th, 2010, 11:45 am

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Way cool news!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 8th, 2010, 11:54 am

Lavabe wrote::happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Way cool news!!
I'm beginning to think there needs to be a study done regarding CTN vibes. It seems like every time vibes are requested the ending is positive.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 8th, 2010, 11:55 am

TillyGalore wrote:Once again CTN vibes are powerful. Katie had a clot in one of her major back arteries which led to her inability to walk. The doctor told me she had a few weeks to a month to live. Knowing Katie, who is a fighter, I knew it would be longer.

The clot seems to have completely dissolved and she is walking like she was the day before the clot, and she is back to her usual eating and drinking habits. I shared this with a vet when I was seeking information about in-home euthanasia (which by the way, is too expensive). The vet said it was miraculous. She is my miracle pussy.

Had I not seen Katie last Tuesday for myself, I'd never have believed she was knocking on death's door.

By no means is she completely out of the woods. She still has a grade 4 heart murmur which leads to thicker than normal blood, thus she could throw another clot. But who knows, she could be with us for another year or so. I'm taking each day as it comes and enjoying the small things with her.

Thank you all again for the vibes and asking about Katie. Your posts have been just the lift I needed my the darkest moments.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

to all of you!
Should she be taking an aspirin a day or coumadin?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » December 8th, 2010, 12:17 pm

devildeac wrote:Should she be taking an aspirin a day or coumadin?
The vet suggested a baby aspirin a day. Have you ever given a cat a pill? Everyday? Not fun.

My priority for the remainder of Katie's life is that it be full of quality time, I'm not concerned so much with how long she lives. Shoving a pill down her throat, which is exactly what I would have to do, is not providing her a quality life. Granted, if I did shove that pill down every day there could be some quality to her life in the grand scheme. But again, shoving it down everyday would not be fun for either of us, more importantly for her.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 8th, 2010, 12:29 pm

My mother had good success crushing the pill and mixing it with a little tuna fish. Don't know if that would work for you. I'm glad I have dogs when it comes to medicatiion...a little peanut butter or cheese and they would eat a rock.

Giving a cat a pill is a ... challenge to say the least...which remind me of this old humor bit:

How to Give A Cat A Pill
1. Sit on sofa. Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your elbow as though you were going to give a bottle to a baby. Talk softly to it.
2. With right hand, position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. (be patient) As cat opens mouth pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow. Drop pill into mouth. Let go of cat, noticing the direction it runs.
3. Pick the pill up off the floor and go get the cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process. Sit on floor in kitchen, wrap arm around cat as before, drop pill in mouth. Let go of cat, noticing the direction it runs.
4. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away. Scoot across floor to pick up pill, and go find the cat. Bring it back into the kitchen. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten. Drop pill into mouth.
5. Pry claws from back legs out of your arm. Go get the cat, pick up half-dissolved pill from floor and drop it into garbage can.
6. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of closet. Call spouse from backyard. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.
7. Retrieve cat from curtain rod, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered Doulton figures from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
8. Get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.
9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with rubber band.
11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.
12. Call fire department to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take another pill from foil wrap.
13. Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed, force cat's mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour one cup of water down throat to wash pill down.
14. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call at furniture shop on way home to order new table.
15. Get last pill from bottle. Go into bathroom and get a fluffy towel. Stay in the bathroom with the cat, and close the door.
16. Sit on bathroom floor, wrap towel around kitty, leaving only his head exposed. Cradle kitty in the crook of your arm, and pick up pill off of counter.
17. Retrieve cat from top of shower door (you didn't know that cats can jump 5 feet straight up in the air, did you?), and wrap towel around it a little tighter, making sure its paws can't come out this time. With fingers at either side of its jaw, pry it open and pop pill into mouth. Quickly close mouth (his, not yours).
18. Sit on floor with cat in your lap, stroking it under the chin and talking gently to it for at least a half hour, while the pill dissolves.
19. Unwrap towel, open bathroom door. Wash off scratches in warm soapy water, comb your hair, and go find something to occupy your time for 7-1/2 hours.

How to give a dog a pill:

Wrap in bacon, throw on floor.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 8th, 2010, 12:56 pm

windsor wrote:My mother had good success crushing the pill and mixing it with a little tuna fish. Don't know if that would work for you. I'm glad I have dogs when it comes to medicatiion...a little peanut butter or cheese and they would eat a rock.

Giving a cat a pill is a ... challenge to say the least...which remind me of this old humor bit:

How to Give A Cat A Pill
1. Sit on sofa. Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your elbow as though you were going to give a bottle to a baby. Talk softly to it.
2. With right hand, position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. (be patient) As cat opens mouth pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow. Drop pill into mouth. Let go of cat, noticing the direction it runs.
3. Pick the pill up off the floor and go get the cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process. Sit on floor in kitchen, wrap arm around cat as before, drop pill in mouth. Let go of cat, noticing the direction it runs.
4. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away. Scoot across floor to pick up pill, and go find the cat. Bring it back into the kitchen. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten. Drop pill into mouth.
5. Pry claws from back legs out of your arm. Go get the cat, pick up half-dissolved pill from floor and drop it into garbage can.
6. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of closet. Call spouse from backyard. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.
7. Retrieve cat from curtain rod, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered Doulton figures from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
8. Get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.
9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with rubber band.
11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.
12. Call fire department to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take another pill from foil wrap.
13. Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed, force cat's mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour one cup of water down throat to wash pill down.
14. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call at furniture shop on way home to order new table.
15. Get last pill from bottle. Go into bathroom and get a fluffy towel. Stay in the bathroom with the cat, and close the door.
16. Sit on bathroom floor, wrap towel around kitty, leaving only his head exposed. Cradle kitty in the crook of your arm, and pick up pill off of counter.
17. Retrieve cat from top of shower door (you didn't know that cats can jump 5 feet straight up in the air, did you?), and wrap towel around it a little tighter, making sure its paws can't come out this time. With fingers at either side of its jaw, pry it open and pop pill into mouth. Quickly close mouth (his, not yours).
18. Sit on floor with cat in your lap, stroking it under the chin and talking gently to it for at least a half hour, while the pill dissolves.
19. Unwrap towel, open bathroom door. Wash off scratches in warm soapy water, comb your hair, and go find something to occupy your time for 7-1/2 hours.

How to give a dog a pill:

Wrap in bacon, throw on floor.
Oh, my. I am glad I had not yet started to sip on my afternoon Diet Coke.
:)) =)) :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » December 8th, 2010, 2:48 pm

I'm a little late with my vibes but I'm sending them along anyway.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 8th, 2010, 3:24 pm

Good news, TIlly :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Continued vibes for you and little Katie. :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 8th, 2010, 3:50 pm

My parents always just shoved the small pills into some cat food, or crushed them up with a treat. That was always the easiest way. That said, my aunt poisoned our cat to death with mercury cause she liked him so much she fed him tuna every day for a couple months and his kidneys failed. So, I wouldn't recommend giving her tuna EVERY day. :D

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 8th, 2010, 6:11 pm

In the unforgettable words of Tilly Galore, "WOO HOO!"
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 8th, 2010, 6:21 pm

Good for you...and Katie. Mo' vibin'. :wizard:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 8th, 2010, 6:45 pm

So happy for you and Katie Cat.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith