The Official "Good Morning" Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: The Official "Good Morning" Thread

Post by ArkieDukie » November 13th, 2010, 9:09 am

CathyCA wrote:Good morning!

I'm headed out to pick up Mom and go to the game!

Let's go, Duke! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Have fun! LGD! :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 14th, 2010, 7:40 am

Good morning. ~O)
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 14th, 2010, 7:50 am

Good morning!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 14th, 2010, 8:16 am

Good morning! It is a beautiful day and we have basketball tonight! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 14th, 2010, 8:19 am

No, it's not. We lost a a FB game yesterday that we shoulda never lost.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » November 14th, 2010, 8:36 am

Good morning...I'm in between lawgrad and devildeac. It's overcast and cool here, but otherwise a good morning.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 14th, 2010, 9:18 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Good morning! It is a beautiful day and we have basketball tonight! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
I'm with you on this one!

Big day today: handbell choir performance at church, choir practice, Skate America, and then the basketball game! :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 14th, 2010, 10:16 am

Good morning. ~O)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 14th, 2010, 1:03 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Good morning! It is a beautiful day and we have basketball tonight! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:

Big day today: handbell choir performance at church, choir practice, Skate America, and then the basketball game! :happy-bouncyblue:
Hope it went well! What bells do you play? I used to play the bass bells (C, D, and E, sometimes F below middle C) one church ago. I miss it. What did you play?
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 14th, 2010, 7:28 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

Hope it went well! What bells do you play? I used to play the bass bells (C, D, and E, sometimes F below middle C) one church ago. I miss it. What did you play?
I have a tough part: middle C and D. For those of you who play bells, you know what a pain it is to play a part that's split between treble and bass clef. We played two pieces today: one in 2/2 and the other in 3/2. Always fun. Funny thing is, I've already blocked the titles! One was a medley (My Shepherd Will Supply My Need was in it) and went really well.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 14th, 2010, 8:36 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: I'm with you on this one!

I have a tough part: middle C and D. For those of you who play bells, you know what a pain it is to play a part that's split between treble and bass clef. We played two pieces today: one in 2/2 and the other in 3/2. Always fun. Funny thing is, I've already blocked the titles! One was a medley (My Shepherd Will Supply My Need was in it) and went really well.
We did a medley with My Shepherd Shall Supply My Need once. One of my faves on bells. It is tough to read on both clefs. I used to write middle C in the treble clef when I played those bells for a short period. I was the youngest bell player (by a lot), and the only one that lifted weights, so got moved to the bigger bells.

BTW, if you ever get a chance to hear The Raleigh Ringers, they're well worth the price of admission. They play things you'd never guess on handbells, like Pinball Wizard!
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 14th, 2010, 8:49 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: Hope it went well! What bells do you play? I used to play the bass bells (C, D, and E, sometimes F below middle C) one church ago. I miss it. What did you play?
We did a medley with My Shepherd Shall Supply My Need once. One of my faves on bells. It is tough to read on both clefs. I used to write middle C in the treble clef when I played those bells for a short period. I was the youngest bell player (by a lot), and the only one that lifted weights, so got moved to the bigger bells.

BTW, if you ever get a chance to hear The Raleigh Ringers, they're well worth the price of admission. They play things you'd never guess on handbells, like Pinball Wizard!
We played a piece last year that was arranged for The Raleigh Ringers. Can't remember which piece now, but it was cool. Had to educate the rest of my choir on who The Raleigh Ringers are.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 14th, 2010, 9:46 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: Hope it went well! What bells do you play? I used to play the bass bells (C, D, and E, sometimes F below middle C) one church ago. I miss it. What did you play?

Word to the last paragraph. We heard their spring show and they also do other classic rock pieces like Stairway to Heaven and Freebird. They'll be in G'boro on 12/5, IIRC.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 14th, 2010, 9:50 pm

devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: BTW, if you ever get a chance to hear The Raleigh Ringers, they're well worth the price of admission. They play things you'd never guess on handbells, like Pinball Wizard!
Word to the last paragraph. We heard their spring show and they also do other classic rock pieces like Stairway to Heaven and Freebird. They'll be in G'boro on 12/5, IIRC.
We'll be in Duke Chapel on 12/5 for Handel's Messiah.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 14th, 2010, 9:54 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: BTW, if you ever get a chance to hear The Raleigh Ringers, they're well worth the price of admission. They play things you'd never guess on handbells, like Pinball Wizard!
I think they have their Christmas show in Raleigh the following week :D .
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 14th, 2010, 9:59 pm

devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote: BTW, if you ever get a chance to hear The Raleigh Ringers, they're well worth the price of admission. They play things you'd never guess on handbells, like Pinball Wizard!
I think they have their Christmas show in Raleigh the following week :D .
Yes, they do, according to their website.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 15th, 2010, 12:07 am

Miss Fran's daughter rings with the Raleigh Ringers.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 15th, 2010, 7:49 am

CathyCA wrote:Miss Fran's daughter rings with the Raleigh Ringers.
We did not know that. If we had, we would have harrassed her after their spring concert this year. :))
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 15th, 2010, 7:56 am

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Miss Fran's daughter rings with the Raleigh Ringers.
We did not know that. If we had, we would have harrassed her after their spring concert this year. :))
:D

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 15th, 2010, 7:56 am

Good morning!

~ James Naismith