Never seen it, never will

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: Never seen it, never will

Post by captmojo » October 14th, 2010, 8:49 pm

CathyCA wrote:
I saw Sophie's Choice in May of 1983 in a theater in Jerusalem. The movie was subtitled in Hebrew, and there were Holocaust survivors in the theater with me watching the film. I went to Yad Vashem later that week. I sobbed, I journaled, I read, I studied, I talked with my professor, I raised my fist at God. Why, why, why??? And eventually, with the help of my wonderful professor, Kalman Bland, I had a breakthrough, an "aha" moment, an epiphany. It was a powerful experience. And that process, I would argue, is what a true liberal arts education is all about.
So, what was your enlightenment?
If you don't want to write it, I understand. These things can tend to be very long-winded and many times, too personal.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 14th, 2010, 9:09 pm

captmojo wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
I saw Sophie's Choice in May of 1983 in a theater in Jerusalem. The movie was subtitled in Hebrew, and there were Holocaust survivors in the theater with me watching the film. I went to Yad Vashem later that week. I sobbed, I journaled, I read, I studied, I talked with my professor, I raised my fist at God. Why, why, why??? And eventually, with the help of my wonderful professor, Kalman Bland, I had a breakthrough, an "aha" moment, an epiphany. It was a powerful experience. And that process, I would argue, is what a true liberal arts education is all about.
So, what was your enlightenment?
If you don't want to write it, I understand. These things can tend to be very long-winded and many times, too personal.
I didn't write it down because some might view it as too PPB. And that's okay.

The process was as important to me as the breakthrough.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 14th, 2010, 9:23 pm

Fair enough.

The capt shows his sensitive side......Damn! Who knew? :twitch: :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"