NHL Season Begins!!!!!!!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: NHL Season Begins!!!!!!!

Post by Turk » October 11th, 2010, 2:44 pm

Well, the Pens let the Flyers score the first goal and win the first game in Pittsburgh's new arena. Good thing it's a lonnnnggg season.... But here's a cool picture - Mario Lemieux christening the new arena with water from the old ice at the Igloo... I guess it just needs a bit of time for that mojo to sink in...
Attachments
Mario.jpg
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 12th, 2010, 6:55 pm

What's the over/under as to how many games Toronto wins this season?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 13th, 2010, 10:08 pm

Lavabe wrote:What's the over/under as to how many games Toronto wins this season?

No idea, but they won again tonight against Pittsburgh. They are a very very different team than they were last season. Only six players who were in the opening night lineup were in the opening night lineup last year. Actually, their record since the blockbuster trade day last year (when they picked up Phaneuf, Giguere, etc. and rid themselves of bad players and worse contracts) is somewhere in the .750 range.

They are 3-0 to start this season and I'm loving every minute of it.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 14th, 2010, 7:47 am

colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:What's the over/under as to how many games Toronto wins this season?

No idea, but they won again tonight against Pittsburgh.
Yeah, but guess who got nailed in the jaw by Pittsburgh's Engelland? #-o :dizzy: :fight:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 14th, 2010, 10:35 am

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:

No idea, but they won again tonight against Pittsburgh.
Yeah, but guess who got nailed in the jaw by Pittsburgh's Engelland? #-o :dizzy: :fight:

Yeah I saw that. No biggie, he doesn't lose many fights so getting beat once in a while isn't an issue.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 15th, 2010, 10:08 pm

And my Leafs win again. They were all over the Rangers for the first two periods tonight and only Lundquist kept the Rangers in it. Then the Leafs had a poor third period and the game went to overtime but they still won so that is all that matters.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 1st, 2011, 10:46 pm

Got to admit that this year's Winter Classic was fun to watch... in HD. Outdoor NHL hockey in Pittsburgh on a Saturday night in Heinz Field, with 70,000 watching. Weather conditions were bad. Somewhat warm at like 40 degrees F, but on and off rain most of the game.

Wish I had seen the outdoor collegiate hocket at UMich this fall. They packed the Big House (113,000+) to watch the Big Chill game with UMich and Sparty (you know, I still can't stand referring to MichSt as SPARTY).
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 9th, 2011, 11:47 am

Lavabe wrote:Got to admit that this year's Winter Classic was fun to watch... in HD. Outdoor NHL hockey in Pittsburgh on a Saturday night in Heinz Field, with 70,000 watching. Weather conditions were bad. Somewhat warm at like 40 degrees F, but on and off rain most of the game.

Wish I had seen the outdoor collegiate hocket at UMich this fall. They packed the Big House (113,000+) to watch the Big Chill game with UMich and Sparty (you know, I still can't stand referring to MichSt as SPARTY).
Sid is out with a concussion initially suffered during this game.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 24th, 2012, 8:18 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Got to admit that this year's Winter Classic was fun to watch... in HD. Outdoor NHL hockey in Pittsburgh on a Saturday night in Heinz Field, with 70,000 watching. Weather conditions were bad. Somewhat warm at like 40 degrees F, but on and off rain most of the game.

Sid is out with a concussion initially suffered during this game.
I know he has played a few games this season, but really, Is there any hope for Sid? :(
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=5938