NASCAR 2009

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: NASCAR 2009

Post by YmoBeThere » May 31st, 2009, 7:40 pm

colchar wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote: Spoke too soon, JJ wins it with some awesome driving at the end...
[/qutoe]

True, I did speak too soon.

I had him also, but didn't do very well overall.

My drivers finished 1st, 20th, 21st, and 36th this week which isn't a great performance.
I would have been happier with that...
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 1st, 2009, 1:32 am

Strong spring, shitty summer (thus far). But at least I am back in 2nd place overall.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 1st, 2009, 8:03 am

The best news for me was that I moved up another 1300+ fantasy players after this week's race. I'll take 288 points for this week's race... WHEW!

I went with Biffle on the A list, so I didn't lose many points there (he finished 3rd). My Hornish pick on the C list helped out a lot. And I guess NOT picking Denny Hamlion made a LOT of sense.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 6th, 2009, 10:25 am

There's another race this weekend.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 7th, 2009, 6:55 am

YmoBeThere wrote:There's another race this weekend.
I cannot access www.yahoo.com, as it is too busy a site. Could someone please post the url that will take me to where I can access the NASCAR fantasy league? Maybe THAT will be mor accessible to me.
Thanks,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 7th, 2009, 8:36 am

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:There's another race this weekend.
I cannot access http://www.yahoo.com, as it is too busy a site. Could someone please post the url that will take me to where I can access the NASCAR fantasy league? Maybe THAT will be mor accessible to me.
Thanks,
Lavabe
http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/group/6355
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 7th, 2009, 4:19 pm

Fucking JJ.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 7th, 2009, 6:13 pm

My drivers were doing fine before I started watching the race but ended up finishing 6th, 7th, 27th, and 37th. Shitty. As my roommate said, I was rocking in the spring when I didn't watch many races but, now that I am watching most of them, I am sucking big time. Maybe I need to stop watching if I want to improve in the pool.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 7th, 2009, 6:50 pm

I know I'm not in the league, so I don't know if I'm allowed to post here, but I will anyway. My 6 year old son watched his first race since he turned about 3 with me today. He fell in love with the Aflac duck, and started pulling for "the duckie car". He was very excited when Carl Edwards led all those laps, and was jumping for joy that "his favorite car" came in 2nd. He said they must be "the American team", cause he only pulls for those. He then got really excited when they interviewed Carl, and he could see the duck on his collar and his hat. Budding NASCAR fan maybe? They're gonna LOVE him, as he seems to be pulling for the sponsor, and as old Dale Sr. used to say, it's ALL about the sponsors, baby. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 7th, 2009, 8:35 pm

Denny Hamlin's car issues cost me big time today. :(

Though glad he was able to get into the race.
I worship the Blue Devil!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 14th, 2009, 1:45 pm

I've always liked the Michigan track (especially on the video game) so let's hope my luck turns around today. My drivers start 1st, 5th, 29th, and 34th so at least two of them are starting in good positions. As much as I want to watch this race I don't think I can because, as I mentioned in a previous post, my roommate has noticed that my drivers never do well when I watch and always do well when I don't. Maybe I'll just record it and watch it later.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 14th, 2009, 5:06 pm

I would have like it better if KB didn't finish 13th...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 15th, 2009, 5:35 am

Still in the overall lead, but I dropped from the 98th to the 96th percentile.

I believe that was the last time I have picked Matt Kenseth this season. I had a bad week, but it was one of the weeks where I had to choose people OTHER than the ol' reliables.

FWIW, 'Dinger hurt me for the final time this season. At least I'm in good shape with the Hornish, Labonte, Ambrose troika. And I'm all over Kes & Reed!

On to the western road course!! Infineon/Inspiron, here we come!!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 15th, 2009, 8:47 am

I was bitching to my roommate about my choices right up until they ran out of gas on the last lap. Thank God I went with the picks I had (well three of them anyway) as I finally won a week in the summer session. I'm still in second place, but the gap is closing.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 21st, 2009, 7:59 pm

Three of my drivers were in the top ten before Kurt crashed (Jeff Gordon was my lone bad driver). I've still got two in the top six but who knows how this will finish?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 21st, 2009, 8:16 pm

colchar wrote:Three of my drivers were in the top ten before Kurt crashed (Jeff Gordon was my lone bad driver). I've still got two in the top six but who knows how this will finish?
The Shadow knows...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 21st, 2009, 8:54 pm

2,3,4,6 so I'll make up a few points this week...
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 21st, 2009, 11:17 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:2,3,4,6 so I'll make up a few points this week...
Damn.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 22nd, 2009, 6:52 am

Kasey Kahne was one of my 4 group b drivers. Who knew he would win a road course?
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 24th, 2009, 4:54 am

Wow... finally, a connection, but I had to come to Housseni.com to post this note. I still can't send anything from my laptop using my normal modem.

Okay... just a reminder to some of the league folks: if you have used (or are soon going to use up) your allotment of Tony Stewart picks, I feel your pain. We still have Watkins Glen, the Brickyard, Pocono, and about HALF the NASCAR season left. This is why some of us have been choosing zhlubs like CASEY MEARS instead of Tony Stewart every week. You actually have to start choosing people like David Reutimann and Joey Frickin' Logano too. Shoot, you may even have to pick one of the Juniors. :-o :-o :-o

Right now, I have eaten up a lot of Kasey Kahne, Denny Hamlin, and Kurt Busch picks. Kyle Busch has been a nightmare for me. I still have I think 5 more Smoke picks. On the A list, I am in no danger, as I have plenty of JJ, Biffle, Edwards, and Gordon left. I am in no danger on the C list, as 'DINGER doesn't fit into any of my future picks.

NOW we get to see the strategies of everyone in the league. I am still predicting that Tilly will make a MAJOR jump up in the league, as will Miles.

Kasey Kahne won a road course? What next, Boris Said wins 'dega?

This league is GREAT!!

Cheers,
Lavabe