LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DevilAlumna » September 6th, 2010, 2:09 pm

CathyCA wrote:Note to clients: It is NOT a good idea to cry to your attorney that you are too broke to afford a telephone, but then post pictures from your camera phone on Facebook of your fabulous time from your club level seats at the ECU football game.

Just sayin' . . .
Who "friends" their lawyer on FB?!?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 6th, 2010, 2:11 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Note to clients: It is NOT a good idea to cry to your attorney that you are too broke to afford a telephone, but then post pictures from your camera phone on Facebook of your fabulous time from your club level seats at the ECU football game.

Just sayin' . . .
Surprisingly, I've had a couple of defendants try to friend me! I'm friends with at least two victims, as well.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 6th, 2010, 2:20 pm

If you get a friend request with no message from the requester, how can you figure out who they are? The requester doesn't show any mutual friends and now details appear on the profile.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 6th, 2010, 2:43 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:

Just sayin' . . .
It's a strategy some lawyers use to follow what their own clients are blogging/saying about their cases. It helps us to mitigate damages. Since the other side is already following our client around the internet, we decided that we'd better "friend" certain clients, too. We don't want any surprises at trial.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 6th, 2010, 3:58 pm

colchar wrote:Do it one word per post and your post count will increase in no time.
I'm trying to be a stealth PW.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 6th, 2010, 5:18 pm

Just returned from a weekend at the family farm in NW AR. It was a nice, restful time. The weather was great. Yesterday my bro-in-law and I went out with our cameras to take pictures of bugs and butterflies at the creek. This morning we staked out hummingbirds in the front yard. There were 3 of them. Anyone ever try to take a picture of a hummingbird? It's not easy. Those little suckers move fast.

Traffic was absolutely insane this afternoon. Lots of complete and total morons on the road. Hello? Coming to a complete stop in the left lane in order to go across the right lane and exit? That happened twice that I know of (I was close enough to see it). Based on the number of times the traffic stopped today I would guess it happened more. It's a wonder there weren't lots of wrecks. Trips like this convince me that the collective IQ in our country is declining.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 6th, 2010, 5:54 pm

captmojo wrote:Contrary to popular belief, Labor day has nothing to do with childbirth. :-B :-$ :-o

Not that childbirth should not be a cause of celebration. :ymparty: :ymapplause:

:twitch:
I was born on the Saturday of a labor day weekend. ;)

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 6th, 2010, 6:07 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Just returned from a weekend at the family farm in NW AR. It was a nice, restful time. The weather was great. Yesterday my bro-in-law and I went out with our cameras to take pictures of bugs and butterflies at the creek. This morning we staked out hummingbirds in the front yard. There were 3 of them. Anyone ever try to take a picture of a hummingbird? It's not easy. Those little suckers move fast.

Traffic was absolutely insane this afternoon. Lots of complete and total morons on the road. Hello? Coming to a complete stop in the left lane in order to go across the right lane and exit? That happened twice that I know of (I was close enough to see it). Based on the number of times the traffic stopped today I would guess it happened more. It's a wonder there weren't lots of wrecks. Trips like this convince me that the collective IQ in our country is declining.
Or, just the lack of consideration (and I'm being very kind here) for other folks on the road. Or both. Sad indeed. And dangerous, too.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » September 6th, 2010, 6:18 pm

CathyCA wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:

Just sayin' . . .
It's a strategy some lawyers use to follow what their own clients are blogging/saying about their cases. It helps us to mitigate damages. Since the other side is already following our client around the internet, we decided that we'd better "friend" certain clients, too. We don't want any surprises at trial.
That makes sense. I'd like to think someone involved in a trial would be sane/smart enough to not post anything that could be used against them in court, but I suppose for some, that lack of sanity/intelligence is why they're involved to begin with....
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 6th, 2010, 6:38 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
That makes sense. I'd like to think someone involved in a trial would be sane/smart enough to not post anything that could be used against them in court, but I suppose for some, that lack of sanity/intelligence is why they're involved to begin with....
Bingo!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 6th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Time to PW for a bit. Apparently there is a big market for Infiniti's tonight, so it's just me and the :O3 :O3 here.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 6th, 2010, 7:55 pm

Just a few minutes til Boise State-VT.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 6th, 2010, 7:56 pm

Wonder how the Boise State kids manage to play half their games on that blue field.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Or how they get used to green fields after they've been on the blue one.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Does Boise State have blue practice fields?
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 6th, 2010, 7:57 pm

Shouldn't Kentucky (aka the Bluegrass State) play its football on blue fields?
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 6th, 2010, 7:59 pm

It's 8:00. Please return to your normal LTE 2.0 behavior.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 6th, 2010, 8:05 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Time to PW for a bit. Apparently there is a big market for Infiniti's tonight, so it's just me and the :O3 :O3 here.
As in the cars?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 6th, 2010, 8:06 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Wonder how the Boise State kids manage to play half their games on that blue field.
They like it.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 6th, 2010, 8:07 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Or how they get used to green fields after they've been on the blue one.
IDK the answer to that one but they must be pretty good at it. Have you seen their W-L records the last several years?