Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Taking a break...

Post by Miles » August 19th, 2010, 5:08 pm

Hey Friends,

Work is hell right now and I am buried. Just signed a big contract and I'm managing the project now, that on top of releasing a new developer website for my OEM customers, and picking up the slack in testing because we've never been able to replace my vacation position at Quality Assurance Manager. I've been working 7 - 11 for the past two weeks and I don't see it slowing down until November when the first phase of the contract is done. So I'm taking a break for a bit, working hard during the week so I can keep MY weekends open so Kelly and I can have some fun and I can make it up for a Brunchgate or two. I'll be around here and there, lurking if anything.

All is quite well otherwise the long hours. Despite the volume of work, I'm having the most fun I've had since we first started the company. Coincidentally, I was working 16 hours a day back then too. Anyway, lots of responsibility, love working under pressure and I get to own two major projects. Badass.

I'll miss ya, but I'll be back. Promise.

Smile!
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Taking a break...

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 19th, 2010, 5:13 pm

Miles wrote:Hey Friends,

Work is hell right now and I am buried. Just signed a big contract and I'm managing the project now, that on top of releasing a new developer website for my OEM customers, and picking up the slack in testing because we've never been able to replace my vacation position at Quality Assurance Manager. I've been working 7 - 11 for the past two weeks and I don't see it slowing down until November when the first phase of the contract is done. So I'm taking a break for a bit, working hard during the week so I can keep MY weekends open so Kelly and I can have some fun and I can make it up for a Brunchgate or two. I'll be around here and there, lurking if anything.

All is quite well otherwise the long hours. Despite the volume of work, I'm having the most fun I've had since we first started the company. Coincidentally, I was working 16 hours a day back then too. Anyway, lots of responsibility, love working under pressure and I get to own two major projects. Badass.

I'll miss ya, but I'll be back. Promise.

Smile!
Enjoy your free time with Kelly! See you at brunchgate (or two)!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 19th, 2010, 5:18 pm

Sometimes life interferes just when we're having a good time. Check back from time to time to maintain your sanity and recharge. We'll either be on the veranda or in the stadium.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 19th, 2010, 6:46 pm

Thanks for letting us know. It's better than all of us thinking EJ had kidnapped yet another frequent poster had had them duct taped to a chair/water pipe in his basement like he has done multiple times in the past :| . Best of luck.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 19th, 2010, 6:49 pm

Best of luck with the project, Miles! We'll be waiting when you come back and sending vibes in the meantime. Hope to see you at the Alabama brunchgate!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » August 19th, 2010, 7:16 pm

Enjoy the break. Be sure you plan on more than one Bruchgate... Give Kelly a hug for me, please (and your Mom and Dad)
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 19th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Like others have said, enjoy the break and the increased focus on other parts of your life. Life ebbs and flows and while you can steer sometimes you have to ride the current where it wants you to go. I certainly don't hate my job or dislike it in any way, but I do miss the days where I was waking up early so I could get to work early and stay late because I wanted to get one more thing done. That's a good place to be.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 19th, 2010, 8:17 pm

Good luck with the project, Miles! Come visit us when you can, and spend as much of your free time with Kelly as possible. As much as we'll miss you, she will miss you more.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 19th, 2010, 8:38 pm

Being swamped at work is a good problem to have.

We'll miss you around here, and we'll talk about you in the LTE. :D
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 19th, 2010, 10:23 pm

Guess I'm on my own in the kitchen for now! Hurry back. See ya at a brunchgate!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 20th, 2010, 12:31 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Best of luck with the project, Miles! We'll be waiting when you come back and sending vibes in the meantime. Hope to see you at the Alabama brunchgate!

I second this. It would be great to meet you and Kelly at the Alabama game.
Life is good!