Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » August 13th, 2010, 7:27 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Lavabe wrote:I do NOT like getting up from my barcolounger!! :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w
I think you've had more excercise than any mod in recent memory. #:-s
I do NOT like exercise!! :Boo:
There goes the Madagascar diet.

:banana-explosion:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 13th, 2010, 11:53 pm

At least we don't have to see Taylor King fail at defense next year.
sMiles
Miles

Post by Miles » August 13th, 2010, 11:54 pm

Miles wrote:At least we don't have to see Taylor King fail at defense next year.
Also, Chan Gailey sucks, so do the Cowboys.
sMiles
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 14th, 2010, 7:01 am

Saw the greatest shirt ever at the pirate store at King's Dominion the other day:

It says: THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES...

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 14th, 2010, 8:31 pm

Another exciting Saturday night. Too hot to be outside, so I worked out with my Wii. Anyone else have Gold's Gym Cardio Workout? It will really get your heart pumping. It's my current fave. It's cardio boxing, and you can choose to use two remotes. Far easier than remote with nunchuck.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 14th, 2010, 9:18 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Another exciting Saturday night. Too hot to be outside, so I worked out with my Wii. Anyone else have Gold's Gym Cardio Workout? It will really get your heart pumping. It's my current fave. It's cardio boxing, and you can choose to use two remotes. Far easier than remote with nunchuck.
Do you like the Gold's Gym Cardio? I have the EA Sports Active and More Workouts, but I'm a little bored with them. I've been running/walking at the gym 3 times a week, but I need something to do at home.

I'm having a big Saturday night, too.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 14th, 2010, 9:28 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Another exciting Saturday night. Too hot to be outside, so I worked out with my Wii. Anyone else have Gold's Gym Cardio Workout? It will really get your heart pumping. It's my current fave. It's cardio boxing, and you can choose to use two remotes. Far easier than remote with nunchuck.
Do you like the Gold's Gym Cardio? I have the EA Sports Active and More Workouts, but I'm a little bored with them. I've been running/walking at the gym 3 times a week, but I need something to do at home.

Yes, I do like it. There's a variety of workout routines, and the intensity and difficulty both increase. I also have the two EA Sports workouts. Have you tried the step aerobics on More Workouts? It's pretty good - far superior to the step aerobics on Wii Fit. Some of the other stuff hurts my knees. I really dislike stride jumps and the lunge jumps.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 14th, 2010, 9:43 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

Yes, I do like it. There's a variety of workout routines, and the intensity and difficulty both increase. I also have the two EA Sports workouts. Have you tried the step aerobics on More Workouts? It's pretty good - far superior to the step aerobics on Wii Fit. Some of the other stuff hurts my knees. I really dislike stride jumps and the lunge jumps.
I like the step aerobics on More Workout as well. And like you, I despise the stride jumps and lunge jumps because of the beating they put on my knees. I have balance issues as well, and tend to fall over doing the lunges.

How do you do the Gold's Gym with two remotes?
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 14th, 2010, 9:59 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: Yes, I do like it. There's a variety of workout routines, and the intensity and difficulty both increase. I also have the two EA Sports workouts. Have you tried the step aerobics on More Workouts? It's pretty good - far superior to the step aerobics on Wii Fit. Some of the other stuff hurts my knees. I really dislike stride jumps and the lunge jumps.
I like the step aerobics on More Workout as well. And like you, I despise the stride jumps and lunge jumps because of the beating they put on my knees. I have balance issues as well, and tend to fall over doing the lunges.

One in each hand, rather than having the remote in your right hand and the nunchuck in your left hand. You can actually go into the settings and choose between the two options (remote and nunchuck vs two remotes). I find it far easier to throw punches without my hand being tied together. If you've ever pulled the nunchuck out of of the leg pouch while doing the EA Sports workout you know what I mean.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 14th, 2010, 10:06 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: Yes, I do like it. There's a variety of workout routines, and the intensity and difficulty both increase. I also have the two EA Sports workouts. Have you tried the step aerobics on More Workouts? It's pretty good - far superior to the step aerobics on Wii Fit. Some of the other stuff hurts my knees. I really dislike stride jumps and the lunge jumps.

One in each hand, rather than having the remote in your right hand and the nunchuck in your left hand. You can actually go into the settings and choose between the two options (remote and nunchuck vs two remotes). I find it far easier to throw punches without my hand being tied together. If you've ever pulled the nunchuck out of of the leg pouch while doing the EA Sports workout you know what I mean.
That is nice! I'm forever having problems with the nunchuck tied to the remote, and the leg pouch occasionally slides down to my knee and irritates me further.

We talked to a guy in GameStop a couple of weeks ago who said that both XBox and PlayStation would be coming out with a camera setup in the fall so that people could play interactive games or exercise without having to hold onto a remote or nunchuck. Bruce wants a game system with better graphics, so we may end up with another game system as well as the Wii.

I enjoy the boxing style things a lot.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 14th, 2010, 10:18 pm

lawgrad91 wrote: That is nice! I'm forever having problems with the nunchuck tied to the remote, and the leg pouch occasionally slides down to my knee and irritates me further.

We talked to a guy in GameStop a couple of weeks ago who said that both XBox and PlayStation would be coming out with a camera setup in the fall so that people could play interactive games or exercise without having to hold onto a remote or nunchuck. Bruce wants a game system with better graphics, so we may end up with another game system as well as the Wii.

Then you'd probably like Gold's Gym. It's really a good workout.

I've seen a Wii workout "game" with a camera and have been a bit curious about it.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 14th, 2010, 10:23 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: That is nice! I'm forever having problems with the nunchuck tied to the remote, and the leg pouch occasionally slides down to my knee and irritates me further.

Then you'd probably like Gold's Gym. It's really a good workout.

I've seen a Wii workout "game" with a camera and have been a bit curious about it.
Thanks for the info! I will give it a shot.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 14th, 2010, 10:29 pm

Has anyone here ever been stalked?

If so, please PM me.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 14th, 2010, 10:35 pm

CathyCA wrote:Has anyone here ever been stalked?

If so, please PM me.
Can't say that I have, but I imagine it would be stressful beyond words. Vibes to stalkee, shin kicks to stalker.
-- Albert Einstein
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 14th, 2010, 10:59 pm

Just finished The Book of Eli.

Meh.
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 14th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Why do I feel like I am being watched?

In total there are 7 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

Registered users: devildeac
Legend: Administrators, Global moderators
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 14th, 2010, 11:44 pm

devildeac wrote:Why do I feel like I am being watched?

In total there are 7 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

Registered users: devildeac
Legend: Administrators, Global moderators
Your entourage.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 15th, 2010, 6:17 am

If so, please PM me.
I have not, but a close friend has. I don't have any advice to offer, just have seen the hell it can put one through.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 15th, 2010, 8:03 am

YmoBeThere wrote:

If so, please PM me.
I have not, but a close friend has. I don't have any advice to offer, just have seen the hell it can put one through.
Same here. It's not a good thing. These people (stalkers) are mentally unbalanced and quite irrational.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 15th, 2010, 9:38 am

I'm currently working my way through "Microsoft Excel VBA Programming for Dummies."
-- Albert Einstein