Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 12th, 2010, 6:43 am

Good morning. ~O)
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 12th, 2010, 8:07 am

Good Morning All...today :coffee: is my best friend
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 12th, 2010, 8:34 am

I went to bed last night at 9. :asleep: (-| ~O)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 12th, 2010, 8:57 am

Good morning. Hope I'm still feeling that way later this afternoon after today's activity. Today is the day I do my taxes. Been putting it off since early Feb. Can't put it off any longer. Today is the day. So I keep telling myself as I waste a few minutes here...
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 12th, 2010, 9:14 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good morning. Hope I'm still feeling that way later this afternoon after today's activity. Today is the day I do my taxes. Been putting it off since early Feb. Can't put it off any longer. Today is the day. So I keep telling myself as I waste a few minutes here...
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 12th, 2010, 9:17 am

Make sure you check if you're eligible for that tax credit for "making work pay". My wife missed that one. The IRS sent us a letter saying they were gonna send us another $800. We were rather shocked that they'd bother to tell us THAT.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 12th, 2010, 9:19 am

bjornolf wrote:Make sure you check if you're eligible for that tax credit for "making work pay". My wife missed that one. The IRS sent us a letter saying they were gonna send us another $800. We were rather shocked that they'd bother to tell us THAT.

%%-
I wanna get one for "making work pLay."

:)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 12th, 2010, 9:26 am

bjornolf wrote:Good Morning, all. ~O)

Why is my clock on the site off by an hour again? I thought I fixed that a few months ago.

%%-
That happened here also - probably the server changed for DST on the old date. At least that was what I figured.
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 12th, 2010, 9:28 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Good Morning, all. ~O)

Why is my clock on the site off by an hour again? I thought I fixed that a few months ago.

%%-
That happened here also - probably the server changed for DST on the old date. At least that was what I figured.
Maybe it was just Kansas going back in time so they wouldn't lose to NIU.

:)) :)) =)) =))

:ymdevil:
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 12th, 2010, 9:41 am

For some reason, people around here aren't as willing to talk about the tournament this year. I can't figure out why. :D
Life is good!
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » April 12th, 2010, 10:00 am

DukieInKansas wrote:For some reason, people around here aren't as willing to talk about the tournament this year. I can't figure out why. :D
Well let's a change a that a right now!

All this fluffy talk of Butler? To HELL with Butler! Heyward eats babies! We had a great "feel good" story of our own! And it does feel good! I HATE Butler!

Just kidding. I do not hate Butler at all (of course).

But I am still celebrating. I watch videos every day!

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » April 12th, 2010, 10:05 am

DukieInKansas wrote:For some reason, people around here aren't as willing to talk about the tournament this year. I can't figure out why. :D
I also believe there are two other reasons for the lack of tournament talk right now.

1. People, fans, are still "resting" or taking a "deep breath" after a gut-wrenching win over Butler. In short, we are all just basking in the glory now and still taking it all in. The talk will return.

2. Spring Fever - The weather is awesome, winter is over and more people are adjusting to the new season....while of course, still letting the realization that Duke has just won it's fourth NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP sink in.

-EarlJam
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 12th, 2010, 10:15 am

I've just kinda takent the approach that if someone asks, I'm happy to discuss it. Otherwise, I just sit down, reflect and realize what a happy, satisfying and contented feeling it was to see our guys' hard, hard work be rewarded with the trophy.

4>2 ;) :D

77>65 ;) :D

868 soon to be > 876 and 879 and 903 ;) :D

IOW, K is about a season away from solidifying his place as the best NCAA MBB coach of all time. We could discuss it before and for the last 5 years or so he has been consensus top 5. Now, or next year, he takes his place at the top of the stairs. Doubters, detractors and haters can all suck on it.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » April 12th, 2010, 10:38 am

Who the HELL is THIS guy!?

What is Duke thinking!? We're gonna replace Foster with some clown that probably can't even spell his own name? Mark my word. This is a mistake! This is a HUGE mistake! You would think now that we are out of the 70s, technology would allow for a more qualified search than some coach, hell, I'll just call him "K." Can't we lure in some hot shot coach with the promise of free state-of-art cassette tape players or VHS players (just got a new kick-ass Zenith one for $600 today by the way!).

This is fuggin' embarrassing. Pffffffffffffffffft! Coach "K."
Attachments
krzyzewski-press.jpg
A coach from Army? Really? EmmmBARRisssing!!!!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 12th, 2010, 10:41 am

EarlJam wrote:Who the HELL is THIS guy!?

What is Duke thinking!? We're gonna replace Foster with some clown that probably can't even spell his own name? Mark my word. This is a mistake! This is a HUGE mistake! You would think that now that we are out of the 70s, technology would allow for a more qualified search than some coach, hell, I'll just call him "K." Can't we lure in some hot shot coach with the promise of free state-of-art cassette tape players or VHS players (just got a new kick-ass Zenith one for $600 today by the way!).

Guilty.
and never happier to be WRONG!!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » April 12th, 2010, 11:12 am

windsor wrote:

What is Duke thinking!? We're gonna replace Foster with some clown that probably can't even spell his own name? Mark my word. This is a mistake! This is a HUGE mistake! You would think that now that we are out of the 70s, technology would allow for a more qualified search than some coach, hell, I'll just call him "K." Can't we lure in some hot shot coach with the promise of free state-of-art cassette tape players or VHS players (just got a new kick-ass Zenith one for $600 today by the way!).

Guilty.
Amen, Sister! I remember when he first hit campus he would speak to any group that asked.
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 12th, 2010, 11:24 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
windsor wrote:

Guilty.
Amen, Sister! I remember when he first hit campus he would speak to any group that asked.
He spoke in my dorm shortly after his arrival...I remember liking him a lot...but still wondering WTF we were thinking hiring a nobody.
Never thought I'd be grateful to Bobby Knight.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 12th, 2010, 11:42 am

bjornolf wrote:Make sure you check if you're eligible for that tax credit for "making work pay". My wife missed that one. The IRS sent us a letter saying they were gonna send us another $800. We were rather shocked that they'd bother to tell us THAT.

%%-
Did my daughter's taxes first - they were pretty simple. TurboTax gave them the $800 deduction - I knew nothing about it. They are getting small refunds - to be bigger next year with the extra dependent :D and child care costs they are about to begin having (she goes back to work in about a week).
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 12th, 2010, 2:19 pm

What is Duke thinking!? We're gonna replace Foster with some clown that probably can't even spell his own name? Mark my word. This is a mistake! This is a HUGE mistake! You would think now that we are out of the 70s, technology would allow for a more qualified search than some coach, hell, I'll just call him "K." Can't we lure in some hot shot coach with the promise of free state-of-art cassette tape players or VHS players (just got a new kick-ass Zenith one for $600 today by the way!).

Three words: Thanks, Tom Butters. ;) :D