Can I get some vibes for my wife, please?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: Can I get some vibes for my wife, please?

Post by cl15876 » March 17th, 2010, 4:26 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
bjornolf wrote:We just got home. Erica's a little sore and tired, but she's okay and the doctor said the surgery went well. They put two screws in her hand. The doctor said it was good they did the surgery, because it was more twisted than the x-ray showed and a piece of muscle had hooked over the jagged end. Everything's fixed now, though.

Anyway, thanks for all your prayers and vibes. Please keep 'em coming to speed healing and avoid infection. Thanks.

I love the four leaf clovers for St. Paddy's Day! ;) For 8-X 's edification, those are four leaf clovers, not shamrocks. Shamrocks always have three leaves, representing the trinity.

%%-
Yay!! So glad to read things went well. Sending vibes and prayers for a speedy recovery.
What Tilley said, only double!
I'll triple that! As for the 4 leaf clovers vice shamrock, I actually was thinking 4 leaf clover but after getting home late and having two lime bud lights and flipping around on the TV, I admit I got distracted. Sorry, but glad everything turned out positive this morning! :-BD
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 17th, 2010, 7:00 pm

What Tilly, Ozzie, and BON said - so make that quadruple!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 17th, 2010, 7:21 pm

cl15876 wrote:As for the 4 leaf clovers vice shamrock, I actually was thinking 4 leaf clover but after getting home late and having two lime bud lights and flipping around on the TV, I admit I got distracted. Sorry, but glad everything turned out positive this morning! :-BD
Eww, I just threw up in my mouth.

:ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:
I worship the Blue Devil!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 18th, 2010, 12:21 am

Sounds like progress, bj! We're all pulling for you guys....thinking positive thoughts that everything will go smoothly from here on out. She's a lucky gal to have a guy like you.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 18th, 2010, 8:12 am

Joe, I'm glad that Erica's procedure went well yesterday, and I hope she heals quickly.

I told 8-X on the phone that I was putting hearts and shamrocks on my message to you. I'm no botanist, although I took Basketball Botany and Plants of the Southeast at Duke. I didn't realize that the little smilie cartoon was a clover instead of a shamrock. 8-X was only repeating what I'd said to him.

Here are more cartoon smilie 4-leaf clovers and hearts for you and yours: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating: %%- :romance-heartbeating:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 18th, 2010, 8:22 am

cl15876 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
TillyGalore wrote: Yay!! So glad to read things went well. Sending vibes and prayers for a speedy recovery.
What Tilley said, only double!
I'll triple that! As for the 4 leaf clovers vice shamrock, I actually was thinking 4 leaf clover but after getting home late and having two lime bud lights and flipping around on the TV, I admit I got distracted. Sorry, but glad everything turned out positive this morning! :-BD
You can do better than 2 budlitelimes (and no, that wouldn't be three budlitlimes :( )

PS-glad Mrs. bjornolf has had a successful procedure.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 18th, 2010, 8:52 am

TillyGalore wrote:Eww, I just threw up in my mouth.

I just entered this symptom on a medical search engine, wanting to know the medical condition.

Answer: Tar Hole Basketball.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 18th, 2010, 9:00 am

Lavabe wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Eww, I just threw up in my mouth.

I just entered this symptom on a medical search engine, wanting to know the medical condition.

Answer: Tar Hole Basketball.
:)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :)) :)) :))
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 24th, 2010, 6:56 am

Tilly asked for an update, so I thought I'd throw it on here.

Erica's doing pretty well. She has quite a bit of discomfort with her right hand, mostly problems with the splint. The parts that bother her the most are nowhere near her break or her surgical site. Her arm is very sore from trying to keep it elevated, too. If she lowers it too much, the hand starts to hurt. Her left hand is doing pretty well. It's still a little weak, and it hurts if she tries to do too much, but she's able to do a lot more with it now, so that makes her happy.

Her biggest problem is mental. She can't really do much, and I have to wait on her hand and foot. She's VERY independent, and has been since she was a kid, so it's driving her nuts. She's depressed and humiliated. She is not a big fan of TV, but that's about all she can do right now. She's very frustrated. She loves to read, but can't hold a book or flip the pages. We ordered her a Kindle last night. Hopefully she'll be able to use that, and it'll bring up her spirits.

As for me, my toe isn't doing too bad. It's hurting a little more, cause I've been picking up the slack and not resting it. Plus, the kids have stepped on and kicked it a few times, by accident I hope. But it still hurts like hell when they do. :((

This is all pretty hard on the kids, too. Michael is constantly telling Mommy that he's sorry her hand is hurt, and always trying to hug her. Katie doesn't understand why Mommy can't pick her up and hug her all the time. Sean reminds Mommy daily that if she'd just listened to him and left when he wanted to, she'd be fine.

Anyway, that's our update. Thanks again for your prayers and vibes. Please keep them coming.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 24th, 2010, 7:22 am

I can only imagine how your wife feels, and think I would probably feel the same way. Hope you all are feeling better soon!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 24th, 2010, 8:51 am

bjornolf wrote:Tilly asked for an update, so I thought I'd throw it on here.

Erica's doing pretty well. She has quite a bit of discomfort with her right hand, mostly problems with the splint. The parts that bother her the most are nowhere near her break or her surgical site. Her arm is very sore from trying to keep it elevated, too. If she lowers it too much, the hand starts to hurt. Her left hand is doing pretty well. It's still a little weak, and it hurts if she tries to do too much, but she's able to do a lot more with it now, so that makes her happy.

Her biggest problem is mental. She can't really do much, and I have to wait on her hand and foot. She's VERY independent, and has been since she was a kid, so it's driving her nuts. She's depressed and humiliated. She is not a big fan of TV, but that's about all she can do right now. She's very frustrated. She loves to read, but can't hold a book or flip the pages. We ordered her a Kindle last night. Hopefully she'll be able to use that, and it'll bring up her spirits.

As for me, my toe isn't doing too bad. It's hurting a little more, cause I've been picking up the slack and not resting it. Plus, the kids have stepped on and kicked it a few times, by accident I hope. But it still hurts like hell when they do. :((

This is all pretty hard on the kids, too. Michael is constantly telling Mommy that he's sorry her hand is hurt, and always trying to hug her. Katie doesn't understand why Mommy can't pick her up and hug her all the time. Sean reminds Mommy daily that if she'd just listened to him and left when he wanted to, she'd be fine.

Anyway, that's our update. Thanks again for your prayers and vibes. Please keep them coming.

%%-
May I suggest audio books? I use them all the time in the car. I get most of them from the library. I do hope your wife feels better soon.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 24th, 2010, 9:04 am

I hope that Erica feels better soon, and can get back to her regular routine.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 24th, 2010, 9:10 am

Man oh man. Man oh man. I just cannot imagine what this must be like. Sheesh. If that which does not kill us makes us stronger, you guys will be Herculean when this is all behind you. This tests a marriage as well as individuals. Sounds like you are all up to the task, though.

As the grandmother and all-purpose person in our family I have to ask, where's yours? Can you get one to come help out? Or do they live too far away?

Hope you are at least able to enjoy the diversion of the Devils and their tenacity and success. They can't possibly know how they lift us up and carry us with them, can they?

Love and still vibing,
Ima
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 24th, 2010, 9:35 am

Thanks for the update, Joe. I hope Erica keeps improving. And that the kids start missing your toe!
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 24th, 2010, 12:07 pm

Glad y'all are surviving and getting better. Continued vibes! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » March 24th, 2010, 2:07 pm

Aw, I'm sorry things are kinda tough with the recovery. Sending more vibes for both of you to be fully healed soon. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » March 24th, 2010, 6:10 pm

Joe - sending more strength, healing and patience vibes for you and Erica! :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 20th, 2010, 2:06 pm

So much has gone on since this thread was active. I'm wondering how everybody is at your house. It ain't been easy around there, I know. The Devils did their darnedest to keep you all distracted and entertained,though. Those guys will never know how they just lift us way up and carry us with them!

Let us know the latest on you guys. I hope everything is getting better. Do you still need vibes? You got 'em.
Love, Ima
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 20th, 2010, 5:57 pm

Erica's doing well. She's back at work now. She can type fine, but it still stiffens up at times. And if she takes even a light tap to it, she's writhing in pain. She's starting physical therapy on Friday to get even more function back and hopefully lose the stiffness. We'll see how it goes. So, she's doing better, but we could definitely use the vibes. My toe isn't doing too badly, though it's not healing as fast as I'd hoped, so I could still use some vibes. The kids have knocked into it, dropped stuff on it, and stepped on it a few times, and each time hurts like H E double hockey sticks. I'm surviving, though.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 20th, 2010, 6:14 pm

Vibes for both of you: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard:

With a few hugs thrown in.

Isn't one of your parents scheduled for some surgery soon? :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: to them, too.
Life is good!