Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by cl15876 » February 16th, 2010, 2:41 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
wilson wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I believe I quoted directly from your words. I just assumed you were practicing your redneck skills.
I was the first person to type "figger skating." I was just feeling goofy at the moment. But Lavabe did it after I did.
Yeah..I found it and fixed my post, but you quoted me before the fix. I reckon we'll figger it out soon enough.
I must have scrolled up and down on this page about 10 times looking for that quote, wondering WTH??? I knew I saw something about red neck skills.... There's 10 minutes of my life that I won't get back! =)) =)) =)) =))
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 16th, 2010, 2:43 pm

cl15876 wrote:I must have scrolled up and down on this page about 10 times looking for that quote, wondering WTH??? I knew I saw something about red neck skills.... There's 10 minutes of my life that I won't get back! =)) =)) =)) =))
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 16th, 2010, 4:30 pm

wilson wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I believe I quoted directly from your words. I just assumed you were practicing your redneck skills.
I was the first person to type "figger skating." I was just feeling goofy at the moment. But Lavabe did it after I did.
Yes, but I put mine in quotes. I never did an unquoted "figger.";)

I DO give wilson credit for putting "(ick)" after his initial unquoted "figger skating." B-)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 16th, 2010, 4:32 pm

cl15876 wrote:I must have scrolled up and down on this page about 10 times looking for that quote, wondering WTH??? I knew I saw something about red neck skills.... There's 10 minutes of my life that I won't get back! =)) =)) =)) =))
10 minutes of my life that I won't get back: debating whether or not to pick Mark Martin as my A List pick in the Daytona 500. ;) :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 16th, 2010, 4:42 pm

Lavabe wrote:
wilson wrote:
Yes, but I put mine in quotes. I never did an unquoted "figger.";)

I DO give wilson credit for putting "(ick)" after his initial unquoted "figger skating." B-)
The fact remains that, in order to type "I did not type 'figger skating'", you had to type "figger skating."
Don't try to act like you can get one over on the CTN Grammar Sheriff, lemur dude.
:Police: :captAmerica: :dwarf: :fight: :commando: :character-mrt: :law-policeblue: :law-policered:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 16th, 2010, 4:44 pm

This sems to be a good time to figger if anyone wants a plam sandwich or plam soup. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :D
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 16th, 2010, 4:52 pm

wilson wrote:Don't try to act like you can get one over on the CTN Grammar Sheriff, lemur dude.
:Police: :captAmerica: :dwarf: :fight: :commando: :character-mrt: :law-policeblue: :law-policered:
I believe THIS is the proper Smilie for the Grammar Sherriff... :ymcowboy:

I'll be the Grammar Ninja. :Ult Ninja:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 16th, 2010, 5:17 pm

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote: I didn't "figger" either of you professorial types would have written that.

:)) :)) =)) =))
In this case, I believe CB&B, not devildeac, is guilty of errors in quoting. :veryconfused:
#:-s
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » February 16th, 2010, 5:29 pm

Sooooo, who all is going to the Tulsa game? I think my entire family will be attending (minus the grandparents).
Class of 2014
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 16th, 2010, 6:52 pm

Lavabe wrote:I'll be the Grammar Ninja. :Ult Ninja:
I just added this to my Facebook quotes.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 16th, 2010, 7:23 pm

wilson wrote:
Lavabe wrote:I'll be the Grammar Ninja. :Ult Ninja:
I just added this to my Facebook quotes.
Oh yeah!!
:Ult Ninja:
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » February 16th, 2010, 8:33 pm

Rolvix wrote:Sooooo, who all is going to the Tulsa game? I think my entire family will be attending (minus the grandparents).
VDB and I will be there!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 16th, 2010, 9:32 pm

Where does all the time go?
Miles

Post by Miles » February 16th, 2010, 11:48 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Where does all the time go?
It went into a roast chicken and broccoli rabe with gnocchi, a few bottle of wines and uhm... yeah.
sMiles
Miles

Re: House Regulations

Post by Miles » February 16th, 2010, 11:58 pm

CoachK wrote:Welcome to Our House. Feel free to make yourself at home, pull up a chair and have a beer (or a Fanta). We are a community founded in a quest for friendship, individuality, freedom of expression and love of all things Duke. Therefore we strive to be lightly regulated, but we have some basic guidelines, that if followed, will keep us as the great forum we want to be.

1. Respect your fellow members. Please refrain from personally attacking anyone in the forums. Think about what you write. In the end your words reflect more upon you, not the member you are addressing. If you DO have issues with another member's post, question what they have written and their ideas, but don't attack them as an individual.

2. Keep to the topic originated in the thread. If you have an entirely new idea, either create a new thread or post in the LTE 2.0. (Longest Thread Ever, 2nd edition). If a posted thread starts to veer off topic, the mods might have to intervene, and that means they have to get out of their chair. They sit in comfy La-Z-Boys and are happy not having to get up.

3. We enjoy reading random thoughts from all of our members, but we do discourage discussions of public policy. These discussions include those of religion and politics. Since they tend to be highly volatile, these threads would foster heated debates in which otherwise social graces are abandoned. Any threads of political and/or religious nature will be closely monitored and subject to closure without warning.

4. Our moderators work on a rotating basis. At some point you might get designated to be one. Respect what they do, but if you have an issue with any actions, send a private message to ALL the mods in the current rotation. They can then look at the situation as a team, not individuals.

5. Have fun. This really is rule number one, but if it's posted last, you are likely to remember it the best :D .
GO DUKE!!!
Just cuz I can. Was that too much abuse of power?
sMiles
CoachK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: House Regulations

Post by CoachK » February 17th, 2010, 12:14 am

Miles wrote:
CoachK wrote:Welcome to Our House. Feel free to make yourself at home, pull up a chair and have a beer (or a Fanta). We are a community founded in a quest for friendship, individuality, freedom of expression and love of all things Duke. Therefore we strive to be lightly regulated, but we have some basic guidelines, that if followed, will keep us as the great forum we want to be.

1. Respect your fellow members. Please refrain from personally attacking anyone in the forums. Think about what you write. In the end your words reflect more upon you, not the member you are addressing. If you DO have issues with another member's post, question what they have written and their ideas, but don't attack them as an individual.

2. Keep to the topic originated in the thread. If you have an entirely new idea, either create a new thread or post in the LTE 2.0. (Longest Thread Ever, 2nd edition). If a posted thread starts to veer off topic, the mods might have to intervene, and that means they have to get out of their chair. They sit in comfy La-Z-Boys and are happy not having to get up.

3. We enjoy reading random thoughts from all of our members, but we do discourage discussions of public policy. These discussions include those of religion and politics. Since they tend to be highly volatile, these threads would foster heated debates in which otherwise social graces are abandoned. Any threads of political and/or religious nature will be closely monitored and subject to closure without warning.

4. Our moderators work on a rotating basis. At some point you might get designated to be one. Respect what they do, but if you have an issue with any actions, send a private message to ALL the mods in the current rotation. They can then look at the situation as a team, not individuals.

5. Have fun. This really is rule number one, but if it's posted last, you are likely to remember it the best :D .
GO DUKE!!!
Just cuz I can. Was that too much abuse of power?
Nope...but be careful...you'll wind up in my doghouse. =)) =))
You are a great team.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 17th, 2010, 5:09 am

Good Morning, folks! ~O)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 17th, 2010, 6:23 am

I've been up for a while but haven't made a habit of coming here in the mornings.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » February 17th, 2010, 7:08 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I've been up for a while but haven't made a habit of coming here in the mornings.
Make it a habit.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » February 17th, 2010, 8:23 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:This sems to be a good time to figger if anyone wants a plam sandwich or plam soup. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :D

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :)) :))
I worship the Blue Devil!