LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 29th, 2010, 8:15 am

bjornolf wrote: I've also been told that my Norton is a resource hog as well, but since I've never had problems with it, I prefer not to mess with it.
Ya outta mess with it. Uninstall it, replace with AVG, and enjoy a much faster computer. If you have 1GB, your computer should be way faster than you say it is.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 29th, 2010, 12:45 pm

Before I delve into my tale, let me note that everyone is okay.

My parents are on their annual ski holiday in Colorado. My parents, ages 67 and 63 (Mom robbed the cradle) have been skiing since they were teenagers, in fact they met working on ski patrol more than 40 years ago, so one could say they are experienced skiers. They don't ski as much now as they use to, partly because of where they live, Maryland, and their busy schedules. My dad called me last night, which is unusual when they are on vacation. When I saw his number on caller id, my first thought was "oh-uh something is wrong." But when I answered, he sounded like everything was normal. When I asked how was the vacation, he said, well you're mother isn't doing so well. If something was really wrong, the beginning of the conversation wouldn't have been so casual. So I asked what was wrong, thinking she bought a bunch of really cool things. He said she'd fallen three times this week, now I'm thinking she broke a bone, she does have osteoporosis. On her third fall, my mother did something to her thumb, she thought she dislocated it, so they went to the ER. During the exam my mother was asked if anything else had happened. Come to find out, she'd hit her head earlier in the week, and didn't really remember her third fall. Diagnosis: concussion. My 67 y/o mother got a concussion from skiing. On the one hand I'm a little worried it could have been worse, on the other hand, I'm so proud that my parents are skiing in their 60's.

Ironically, my parents had talked about getting helmets in light of Natasha Richardson's death. I said they probably didn't need them as they aren't hot doggin' skiers, and they are far more experienced than Ms. Richardson was. Well, now they are going to get helmets. K68 suggested they also get knee pads, elbow pads, and for my mother a thumb pad.

I love my parents! They are cool, though I didn't think so when I was a teenager.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 29th, 2010, 1:13 pm

TillyGalore wrote: I love my parents! They are cool, though I didn't think so when I was a teenager.
Glad to hear they are ok.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 29th, 2010, 1:19 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
I love my parents! They are cool, though I didn't think so when I was a teenager.
I'm glad they are ok. Hope her thumb heals well - my BiL had to have surgery a number of years ago due to a skiing accident - he skied into a tree.

I love that your parents are still skiing. My mom had to have arthroscopic knee surgery due to a tennis incident on a birthday in her early 60s. I hope I'm even thinking about doing something that could injury me then.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 29th, 2010, 1:23 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
I'm glad they are ok. Hope her thumb heals well - my BiL had to have surgery a number of years ago due to a skiing accident - he skied into a tree.

I love that your parents are still skiing. My mom had to have arthroscopic knee surgery due to a tennis incident on a birthday in her early 60s. I hope I'm even thinking about doing something that could injury me then.
Here's hoping my parents, or any of our loved ones, DON'T ski into a tree. The tree tends to win.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 29th, 2010, 1:25 pm

TillyGalore wrote: Here's hoping my parents, or any of our loved ones, ski into a tree. The tree tends to win.
You just said you loved your parents, and now you want them to ski into tree!? Bad Tilly!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 29th, 2010, 1:52 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

Here's hoping my parents, or any of our loved ones, ski into a tree. The tree tends to win.
By all report it was pretty funny. Just like in a cartoon, he hit the tree (small variety) and for a brief moment the snow stayed on the tree. Then the snow fell on him. :D He just jammed his thumb and eventually required some surgical repair.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 29th, 2010, 2:16 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
TillyGalore wrote: Here's hoping my parents, or any of our loved ones, ski into a tree. The tree tends to win.
You just said you loved your parents, and now you want them to ski into tree!? Bad Tilly!
Well, dadgumit, can't a moderator go in and fix my gaffe? Dadgum fingers are slower than my brain.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 29th, 2010, 2:17 pm

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) I didn't see that one coming!!!! :-o :-o :-o :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) I too am glad they are okay and hope to meet them at a brunchgate!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 29th, 2010, 2:19 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Well, dadgumit, can't a moderator go in and fix my gaffe? Dadgum fingers are slower than my brain.
Nope!!!! This material will come in handy later!!! =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 29th, 2010, 2:28 pm

cl15876 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Well, dadgumit, can't a moderator go in and fix my gaffe? Dadgum fingers are slower than my brain.
Nope!!!! This material will come in handy later!!! =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
Just remember, bunchofnumbers, what goes around comes around. ;) ;)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 29th, 2010, 2:37 pm

Tilly, may your parents continue to do well. You are very lucky to have them. :)
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 29th, 2010, 2:39 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Done. You know who your friends are! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 29th, 2010, 2:43 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Well, dadgumit, can't a moderator go in and fix my gaffe? Dadgum fingers are slower than my brain.
Thank you, Ozzie! Yes, I know who my friends are. ;) ;) ;)

How is the weather if Foscoe?
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 29th, 2010, 3:48 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Thank you, Ozzie! Yes, I know who my friends are. ;) ;) ;)

How is the weather if Foscoe?
I'm not sure he really helped. Now she wants her parents and any of our loved ones to ski into a tree.
Life is good!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 29th, 2010, 4:12 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

Here's hoping my parents, or any of our loved ones, DON'T ski into a tree. The tree tends to win.
I don't what ya'lls problem is. Clearly, I DON'T want anyone skiing into a tree.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 29th, 2010, 4:33 pm

TillyGalore wrote: I don't what ya'lls problem is. Clearly, I DON'T want anyone skiing into a tree.

Sorry - didn't make it all the way to the top for his change. I'm used to another board where edits change the quotes also.

Oh - and I knew what you meant the first time - without the don't. :D
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 29th, 2010, 5:29 pm

OK, so where's the post for which we have all been waiting?

Well, maybe some of us have been waiting...

Perhaps one of us has been waiting...

:ymblushing:

Check the Ymm, Beer thread ;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 30th, 2010, 4:55 am

Good Morning, everybody! ~O) ~O) ~O) ~O)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 30th, 2010, 5:45 am

Morning, bjornolf!

Looks like we got a total of 2-3 inches of snow.

All I know is it's cold outside. Hopefully it will affect the UK team today in their battle against SEC #1 Vandy today. :YMPRAY:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.