Sympathy for the (Mrs.) Devil(deac): knee surgery

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Sympathy for the (Mrs.) Devil(deac): knee surgery

Post by DevilAlumna » November 12th, 2009, 11:46 pm

Goodness - being associated with this crazie bunch is proving to be hazardous to folks' general health!

Vibes to your better half, DD - take good care of her! And make sure she does her PT, so you're both able to keep up those dance floor moves all night long! :)
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » November 13th, 2009, 3:44 pm

Vibes and prayers coming for a speedy and painfree recovery for Mrs. DD!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 16th, 2010, 11:29 am

The recovery is 75-80% complete now about 9 weeks post-op. There has been PT 2x/wk for 4 weeks, 1x/wk for 3 weeks over the holidays and now 2x/week again for the last 2 weeks. She has also been working at home for 15-30 minutes/day on the non-PT days. Range of motion (flexion) was 90 degrees at 2 weeks post-op, 110 degrees about a month later and 120 degrees this week. By comparison, the other knee has about 140 degrees of flexion so she's not quite there yet. There is still some stiffness and a few twinges of discomfort but last PM, for the first time since mid-October, we were able to go out dancing as a couple and she was able to dance about 50% of the time. I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE MY DANCING PARTNER BACK AGAIN. Dancing with other ladies has been helpful as it makes my thinking/reacting/creativity on the dance floor better but, most importantly, it has strengthened my ability as a "leader" on the floor. On to the Grove Park Inn next weekend for their Big Band event.
:dance: :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock: :banana-tux: :banana-wrench:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » January 16th, 2010, 11:55 am

devildeac wrote:The recovery is 75-80% complete now about 9 weeks post-op. There has been PT 2x/wk for 4 weeks, 1x/wk for 3 weeks over the holidays and now 2x/week again for the last 2 weeks. She has also been working at home for 15-30 minutes/day on the non-PT days. Range of motion (flexion) was 90 degrees at 2 weeks post-op, 110 degrees about a month later and 120 degrees this week. By comparison, the other knee has about 140 degrees of flexion so she's not quite there yet. There is still some stiffness and a few twinges of discomfort but last PM, for the first time since mid-October, we were able to go out dancing as a couple and she was able to dance about 50% of the time. I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE MY DANCING PARTNER BACK AGAIN. Dancing with other ladies has been helpful as it makes my thinking/reacting/creativity on the dance floor better but, most importantly, it has strengthened my ability as a "leader" on the floor. On to the Grove Park Inn next weekend for their Big Band event.
:dance: :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock: :banana-tux: :banana-wrench:
Awesome! At first I was reading this thread and thought, "Oh no, not again! She just had knee surgery last Fall." Then I got the bright idea of looking at the dates of the posts and was quite relieved that neither Mrs. DD or MP2 were newly injured. Whew!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 16th, 2010, 11:55 am

devildeac wrote:The recovery is 75-80% complete now about 9 weeks post-op. There has been PT 2x/wk for 4 weeks, 1x/wk for 3 weeks over the holidays and now 2x/week again for the last 2 weeks. She has also been working at home for 15-30 minutes/day on the non-PT days. Range of motion (flexion) was 90 degrees at 2 weeks post-op, 110 degrees about a month later and 120 degrees this week. By comparison, the other knee has about 140 degrees of flexion so she's not quite there yet. There is still some stiffness and a few twinges of discomfort but last PM, for the first time since mid-October, we were able to go out dancing as a couple and she was able to dance about 50% of the time. I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE MY DANCING PARTNER BACK AGAIN. Dancing with other ladies has been helpful as it makes my thinking/reacting/creativity on the dance floor better but, most importantly, it has strengthened my ability as a "leader" on the floor. On to the Grove Park Inn next weekend for their Big Band event.
Glad to hear the recovery is coming along. Enjoy the Big Band event next weekend. Is this the one you took your Dad to see/hear? If so, may the weekend hold many happy memories!
Life is good!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » January 16th, 2010, 12:19 pm

What good news! It's great that Mrs. DD's recovery is going so well. She'll want to be at top form when the 2010 football season begins! :dance: \:d/
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 16th, 2010, 2:45 pm

DukePA wrote:
Awesome! At first I was reading this thread and thought, "Oh no, not again! She just had knee surgery last Fall." Then I got the bright idea of looking at the dates of the posts and was quite relieved that neither Mrs. DD or MP2 were newly injured. Whew!
Yea, I did the same thing with a beer review last fall when I responded to something CB&B had written about a brew about 6 months prior :ymblushing: .
Be sure to check your freshness dates for CT posting and beer issues. :)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 16th, 2010, 2:49 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Glad to hear the recovery is coming along. Enjoy the Big Band event next weekend. Is this the one you took your Dad to see/hear? If so, may the weekend hold many happy memories!
No, this is the same event that Mrs. DD and I attended last year in January. The concert of which you are thinking is the one I took my Dad to in February last year for his birthday present about a month before he died. Good memory though to connect the two because our attendance at the Big Band dance weekend at the Grove Park certainly made me think about taking my Dad to the Glenn Miller concert about a month later in G'boro. Both are very fondly remembered.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » January 16th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:What good news! It's great that Mrs. DD's recovery is going so well. She'll want to be at top form when the 2010 football season begins! :dance: \:d/
Just pointing out you have 666 posts.

And the news about the (Mrs.) Devil(deac) is great! Vibes for her continued improvement!
Class of 2014
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 16th, 2010, 2:52 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:What good news! It's great that Mrs. DD's recovery is going so well. She'll want to be at top form when the 2010 football season begins! :dance: \:d/
Thanks. I think she'll be in fine Brunchgating and stair-climbing and cheering shape by that time :D . Can't believe you found a 2nd dancing smilie! I guess I did not look long and hard enough for any others. I just kept clicking on the dancing bananas :ymblushing: .
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » January 16th, 2010, 4:06 pm

devildeac wrote:
Thanks. I think she'll be in fine Brunchgating and stair-climbing and cheering shape by that time :D . Can't believe you found a 2nd dancing smilie! I guess I did not look long and hard enough for any others. I just kept clicking on the dancing bananas :ymblushing: .
Some of us are just born to dance.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 16th, 2010, 4:10 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Some of us are just born to dance.
"...but till then tramps like us..."
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 16th, 2010, 4:36 pm

So glad you have your dancing partner back. Like DukePA I was afraid Mrs. Devildeac had had surgery again.

Continued healing vibes, and I hope ya'll have a great time at Grove Park Inn next weekend.
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 16th, 2010, 4:52 pm

Rolvix wrote:
Just pointing out you have 666 posts.

And the news about the (Mrs.) Devil(deac) is great! Vibes for her continued improvement!
DitBD, 666 posts...

Good pick-up, Rolvix. And thanks for the kind words, too.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 16th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Undoubtedly the last few games of the Holes have brought cheer and have also sped along your wife's recovery!
:ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 16th, 2010, 6:18 pm

so happy ms. dd is doing sooo good. i know you two will have fun at the big band bash.
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » January 17th, 2010, 2:31 pm

What great news! I'm glad to hear she's doing so much better and dancing again! :dance:
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » January 17th, 2010, 5:00 pm

Great news DD and glad to hear you all are dancing again!

Dance til ya can't, dance til ya can't, dance no more;
Get on the floor, and get raw.

(for ten bonus points, name the group who sang/rappped these lyrics in the 90s) :)

OH! And the best part of it all is that she's likely off those horrible, horrible narcotics. Those things are so bad for you. In fact, if she has any left over, you should get rid of them immediately. The best way to do that is through a new process called, "Renarcoling." It's like recycling, only with narcotics. I've developed a new "narco-digester" that takes the pills, churns them, and turns them into another form that can be but into nature to provide a healthier environment. Anyway, too much to go into now. Simply mail the remaining narcotics to me, EarlJam, and I will be certain to get rid of them for you. I really don't mind at all. Just PM me and I'll provide the address. :D

Seriously, I'm very happy for you both and may you dance all through 2010!

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

DukePA wrote:At first I was reading this thread and thought, "Oh no, not again! She just had knee surgery last Fall." Then I got the bright idea of looking at the dates of the posts and was quite relieved that neither Mrs. DD or MP2 were newly injured. Whew!
The same thing just happened to me. 8-| :ymblushing:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 17th, 2010, 5:11 pm

EarlJam wrote:Great news DD and glad to hear you all are dancing again!

Dance til ya can't, dance til ya can't, dance no more;
Get on the floor, and get raw.

(for ten bonus points, name the group who sang/rappped these lyrics in the 90s) :)

OH! And the best part of it all is that she's likely off those horrible, horrible narcotics. Those things are so bad for you. In fact, if she has any left over, you should get rid of them immediately. The best way to do that is through a new process called, "Renarcoling." It's like recycling, only with narcotics. I've developed a new "narco-digester" that takes the pills, churns them, and turns them into another form that can be but into nature to provide a healthier environment. Anyway, too much to go into now. Simply mail the remaining narcotics to me, EarlJam, and I will be certain to get rid of them for you. I really don't mind at all. Just PM me and I'll provide the address. :D

Seriously, I'm very happy for you both and may you dance all through 2010!

-EarlJam
Why does this not surprise me...

Thanks for the good wishes anyway. She only took about 3 doses of the Vikodin or whatever she had. Passed out after the 2nd one and quickly switched to ibuprofen and ice packs.