Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » January 4th, 2010, 5:18 pm

colchar wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: Is there a curling team? Could we, perhaps, form a CrazieTalk curling team?
Colchar will have to be captain.

As I'm probably the only person here who has ever curled, it would make sense to have me be the skip (the term for the captain of a curling rink).
I curl every day. I have 3 different size curling irons, another one that is propane powered in case of a power failure, two sets of hot rollers, and 2 different sizes of round brushes. I have curled my hair every day since I was 13. In fact, I can't recall skipping a single day of curling.

Oh wait! :-o You're talking about something else.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » January 4th, 2010, 5:35 pm

CathyCA wrote:
colchar wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:"quote="ArkieDukie""
Is there a curling team? Could we, perhaps, form a CrazieTalk curling team?"/quote"
Colchar will have to be captain.

As I'm probably the only person here who has ever curled, it would make sense to have me be the skip (the term for the captain of a curling rink).
I curl every day. I have 3 different size curling irons, another one that is propane powered in case of a power failure, two sets of hot rollers, and 2 different sizes of round brushes. I have curled my hair every day since I was 13. In fact, I can't recall skipping a single day of curling.

:ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: Ya Devil!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 4th, 2010, 8:14 pm

CathyCA wrote:I curl every day. I have 3 different size curling irons, another one that is propane powered in case of a power failure, two sets of hot rollers, and 2 different sizes of round brushes. I have curled my hair every day since I was 13. In fact, I can't recall skipping a single day of curling.

When I was traveling from Germany back to the States in 1995, I was being questioned about the contents of my suitcase. I believe the gentleman asked what electric things I had in my suitcase, I replied 2 curling irons. They guy looked up and asked "two curling irons?" in a "I don't believe what I just heard" tone of voice. I told him it took a lot of work to look as good as I did at that time. Good thing they didn't have no-fly lists back then, I might have been added.
I worship the Blue Devil!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 4th, 2010, 8:16 pm

CathyCA wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
CathyCA wrote: The kid needs to remember how miserable he felt when he returned from CA so that he won't object to my scheduling reasonable flight dates and times for his next court-ordered trip to see his father.
That explains why he came home the day before school. Thought Saturday would have been a better day so both boys could recoup from their trip before getting back into the swing of things.
Yes, reasonable minds agree.

We are not dealing with a rational person, here. And when I told ExLax that when I scheduled the next trip for Christian that I was going to bring him back on Saturday, he said, "Christian isn't going to be happy about that."

This isn't a kid decision. This is an adult decision, made by parents. I don't care whether Christian is happy that he must fly home on Saturday rather than Sunday. I do care that Christian arrives home at a decent hour, so that he can be ready and focused for school because that is his job as a 12 year old kid.

GAH! I just want to tie ExLax up by his male reproductive system with piano wire and fly him from a flag pole in front of the airport.
Sounds like ExLax is trying to pull the Good Cop-Bad Cop routine, with you in the role of Bad Cop. What a winner. Need me to find some piano wire for you? :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 4th, 2010, 8:40 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
That explains why he came home the day before school. Thought Saturday would have been a better day so both boys could recoup from their trip before getting back into the swing of things.

We are not dealing with a rational person, here. And when I told ExLax that when I scheduled the next trip for Christian that I was going to bring him back on Saturday, he said, "Christian isn't going to be happy about that."

This isn't a kid decision. This is an adult decision, made by parents. I don't care whether Christian is happy that he must fly home on Saturday rather than Sunday. I do care that Christian arrives home at a decent hour, so that he can be ready and focused for school because that is his job as a 12 year old kid.

GAH! I just want to tie ExLax up by his male reproductive system with piano wire and fly him from a flag pole in front of the airport.
Sounds like ExLax is trying to pull the Good Cop-Bad Cop routine, with you in the role of Bad Cop. What a winner. Need me to find some piano wire for you? :ymdevil:
Yes! And you guys could send a couple of well-placed shin kicks to California on my behalf, as well. :Police:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 4th, 2010, 8:47 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Yes! And you guys could send a couple of well-placed shin kicks to California on my behalf, as well. :Police:
Ask and ye shall receive. I'll go find some pointy-toed stilettos and add a toe stomp as well. (Which smilie should we use for shin kicks?) :Police: :- :ymcowboy:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 4th, 2010, 8:58 pm

CathyCA wrote:Yes! And you guys could send a couple of well-placed shin kicks to California on my behalf, as well. :Police:
Sending some really strong shin kicks to exlax.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 4th, 2010, 9:11 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:"uote="CathyCA""
The kid needs to remember how miserable he felt when he returned from CA so that he won't object to my scheduling reasonable flight dates and times for his next court-ordered trip to see his father.

"/quote"

I will refrain from too much comment but like the direction you are going! :-BD
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm

OH LORD....

GO COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON!!!!!!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » January 4th, 2010, 9:21 pm

Lavabe wrote:OH LORD....

:D :D :D :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD
Class of 2014
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » January 4th, 2010, 9:22 pm

Rolvix wrote:
Lavabe wrote:OH LORD....

:D :D :D :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD :-BD
Yay, College of Charleston.

:ymhug: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 4th, 2010, 9:31 pm

I guess the Holes will move up in the rankings. They're the only team that ever moves up in the rankings every time they lose.

Here are the excuses offered on Franklin St:
1) No Ginyard
2) Roy's sling is preventing him from venting at the refs
3) The CoC spiked their athletic drink
4) CoC is the toughest 8-6 team in the country
5) Daniel Ewing was distracting the Hole free throw shooters
6) Dam* NCAA rules wouldn't let Jordan get into the game.
7) The weather
8) The strip of red on the uni's is just pure bad luck
9) The CoC plays in a much tougher conference than the ACC
10) Since when do we have to play with a shot clock?

Boo Ho Ho Ho!! :)) :)) :))
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 4th, 2010, 9:43 pm

Lavabe wrote:I guess the Holes will move up in the rankings. They're the only team that ever moves up in the rankings every time they lose.

1) No Ginyard
7) The weather

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 4th, 2010, 10:53 pm

windsor wrote:
colchar wrote: Good Lord. What are you gonna do after the wedding if you ever have to visit Krysta up here during winter?
Buy clothing suitable for winter weather. I do not OWN a winter coat. I do not own a hat or gloves. I hardly own socks...or shoes that are totally closed. I have one or two sweatshirts.

When it is time to visit my only child in the cold dark north I will go to local sporting goods store and buy polar gear. I will look like the michelin man, but I will be warm.

You do realise that I will laugh my arse off right?

My roommate and I headed out to the bank and to pick up coffee earlier and it was about -20C at the time. I didn't bother with a jacket, just a heavy sweatshirt. While we were driving along he looked at me and said "I can't believe you are rockin' a sweatshirt in this weather. You have to be nuts to be out in this sans coat." Funny thing is, I wasn't cold. And I hate the cold so I should have been miserable out there but I was fine.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 4th, 2010, 10:56 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
We actually have a curling club in the area. They offer times to come out and learn about the sport. http://www.kccurling.com/

Do it!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, it is ridiculously fun and is a great social activity.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 4th, 2010, 11:12 pm

CathyCA wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
CathyCA wrote: The kid needs to remember how miserable he felt when he returned from CA so that he won't object to my scheduling reasonable flight dates and times for his next court-ordered trip to see his father.

:(( :((
That hurts to even think/read about it.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 4th, 2010, 11:14 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:The current official temp in the Kansas City metropolitan area:

Fair
9ºF
Feels like 1ºF

Bold and color added.
:)) :))
=)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 4th, 2010, 11:17 pm

Lavabe wrote:I guess the Holes will move up in the rankings. They're the only team that ever moves up in the rankings every time they lose.

1) No Ginyard
7) The weather

And they only shot 30 more FT than the CofC
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 4th, 2010, 11:50 pm

Good night all! :asleep:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » January 5th, 2010, 1:11 am

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:"quote="CathyCA""
The kid needs to remember how miserable he felt when he returned from CA so that he won't object to my scheduling reasonable flight dates and times for his next court-ordered trip to see his father.

"/quote"

:(( :((
That hurts to even think/read about it.
Couldn't agree more! He's an ASS! Now y'all see why there is GOOD incentive to keep the hot water heater PILOT on course! ;)