LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DevilAlumna » December 5th, 2009, 1:49 pm

Carolina's getting embarrased by UK. down 15 just as the 2nd half is a few minutes in. Hope this trend continues.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » December 5th, 2009, 2:01 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:Carolina's getting embarrased by UK. down 15 just as the 2nd half is a few minutes in. Hope this trend continues.

GTHC, GTH!!!!!!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 5th, 2009, 3:52 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:Carolina's getting embarrased by UK. down 15 just as the 2nd half is a few minutes in. Hope this trend continues.
They apparently clawed their way most of the way back. Too bad, so sad.
Life is good!
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » December 5th, 2009, 11:45 pm

Man, thought Nebraska had the win there, for a moment. I never expected that, much less a close game, so I can't say I'm disappointed at the outcome. A definite moral victory for our defense and special teams - not their fault the Nebraska offense is completely inept.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 6th, 2009, 6:07 am

Rolvix wrote:FACEBOOK TRICK: press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Enter key, right click,press up, down and magic circles will appear. Put this as your status if it works. after you follow all the steps scroll up or down...then the circles will appear. The only way to get rid of them are to log off or refresh the page.
Wasn't that the famous Konami code from Contra and others? Or am I thinking of the Mike Tyson's Punchout code? I think it was the Contra code.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 6th, 2009, 6:09 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Man, thought Nebraska had the win there, for a moment. I never expected that, much less a close game, so I can't say I'm disappointed at the outcome. A definite moral victory for our defense and special teams - not their fault the Nebraska offense is completely inept.
Yea. I thought Nebraska had a shot. That would have been awesome, if for no other reason than screwing up the BCS and giving the playoff folks more ammo, especially with Florida losing. I also thought Clemson had a shot there for a second.

In one of those two games, I can't remember which, the winning team got lucky on a horse collar call. Maybe the call is different in college than the NFL, but in the NFL, that would NOT have been a proper horse collar call. At least in the NFL, the penalty is for grabbing the collar and dragging straight DOWN (trying to avoid the broken leg that TO suffered). The player in the college game didn't do that. He pulled BACK, and then he let go quickly, realizing what he had grabbed. The ball carrier didn't collapse straight down, either, his feet came out forward in front of him. Like I said, in the NFL, that's NOT a penalty, but maybe the college rule is different.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 6th, 2009, 9:36 am

bjornolf wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:Man, thought Nebraska had the win there, for a moment. I never expected that, much less a close game, so I can't say I'm disappointed at the outcome. A definite moral victory for our defense and special teams - not their fault the Nebraska offense is completely inept.
Yea. I thought Nebraska had a shot. That would have been awesome, if for no other reason than screwing up the BCS and giving the playoff folks more ammo, especially with Florida losing. I also thought Clemson had a shot there for a second.

In one of those two games, I can't remember which, the winning team got lucky on a horse collar call. Maybe the call is different in college than the NFL, but in the NFL, that would NOT have been a proper horse collar call. At least in the NFL, the penalty is for grabbing the collar and dragging straight DOWN (trying to avoid the broken leg that TO suffered). The player in the college game didn't do that. He pulled BACK, and then he let go quickly, realizing what he had grabbed. The ball carrier didn't collapse straight down, either, his feet came out forward in front of him. Like I said, in the NFL, that's NOT a penalty, but maybe the college rule is different.

%%-
It was in the Nebraska-Texas game, and it was clearly an inadvertent grab. I think the officials were trying to help TX get the win so their conference would have a team in the BCS Championship Game. I didn't watch the entire game, but I watched enough of it to see a pass interference call against Nebraska that surprised everyone, including Colt McCoy. He was throwing the ball away to avoid a sack, and it was nowhere near catchable. It gave TX a first down rather than a 4th and long. The final result of the drive was a field goal.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 6th, 2009, 9:39 am

Did Colt McCoy hand Ingram the Heisman with his play yesterday? He had a pretty ugly line, and I saw that last drive where he basically did nothing. Also, he almost lost them the game on that last throw away. Ingram played stellarly in a win over a great team.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 6th, 2009, 9:44 am

I just posted the 44444th post on CTN.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 6th, 2009, 10:48 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I just posted the 44444th post on CTN.
You just stole a post from Rolvix. He's the one who keeps track of that stuff here. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » December 6th, 2009, 11:03 am

It's December 6th, the Feast of St. Nicholas. In many European countries, children got candy in their shoes this morning.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 6th, 2009, 1:40 pm

Bostondevil wrote:It's December 6th, the Feast of St. Nicholas. In many European countries, children got candy in their shoes this morning.
It's also the day Samichlaus is brewed every year. :D :beer:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 6th, 2009, 1:45 pm

Must be a good luck number. :)
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » December 6th, 2009, 9:20 pm

Lavabe wrote:
You just stole a post from Rolvix. He's the one who keeps track of that stuff here. ;)
X(
Class of 2014
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » December 6th, 2009, 9:22 pm

Took Katie out to the Santa Train at the NC Museum of Life and Science tonight. Lots of fun. And a tad chilly out too.
-- DukeUsul
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » December 6th, 2009, 10:56 pm

I just wanted to say that companies/corporations suck - they absolutely suck!!!

The Canadian dollar is damned near at par with the US dollar right now ($1USD=$1.05CDN but it has been closer than that recently) but items that usually cost more here haven't come down in price any (even when the Canadian dollar was worth more than the US dollar prices here barely came down at all). The companies are buying stock more cheaply but are certainly not passing those savings along to customers. Arseholes.

I'm currently looking at guitar amps and the two that I want sell for $99US and $149US but in Canada they cost $130CDN and $190CDN! Fuck!

I suppose I could buy one from a US dealer and have it shipped here but I am not sure how badly I would get dinged by customs. Double-fuck!

Alright, mini-rant over - I now return you to your regularly scheduled PWing.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 6th, 2009, 11:02 pm

colchar wrote:I just wanted to say that companies/corporations suck - they absolutely suck!!!

The Canadian dollar is damned near at par with the US dollar right now ($1USD=$1.05CDN but it has been closer than that recently) but items that usually cost more here haven't come down in price any (even when the Canadian dollar was worth more than the US dollar prices here barely came down at all). The companies are buying stock more cheaply but are certainly not passing those savings along to customers. Arseholes.

I'm currently looking at guitar amps and the two that I want sell for $99US and $149US but in Canada they cost $130CDN and $190CDN! Fuck!

I suppose I could buy one from a US dealer and have it shipped here but I am not sure how badly I would get dinged by customs. Double-fuck!

Well, you could drive to Buffalo and buy it there, scuff it up a bit and then drive back across the boarder. Or just declare it and pay the $2 (or whatever) duty.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » December 6th, 2009, 11:27 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
colchar wrote:I just wanted to say that companies/corporations suck - they absolutely suck!!!

Well, you could drive to Buffalo and buy it there, scuff it up a bit and then drive back across the boarder. Or just declare it and pay the $2 (or whatever) duty.

True but the cost of gas would wipe out any savings. I think I'll check to see if anyone I know is heading there to shop and, if there is anyone, I can ask them to grab it for me.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » December 7th, 2009, 12:02 am

Could someone down here buy it for you and mail it to you as a gift? Would that save you any money?
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » December 7th, 2009, 1:00 am

Bostondevil wrote:Could someone down here buy it for you and mail it to you as a gift? Would that save you any money?

I had thought of that and was considering asking a cousin to send it up to me but once the exchange rate and shipping charges are added in (the store would ship it for free) I doubt I would save much money - so little in fact that it would hardly be worth the hassle.

I've already ordered the cheaper one from a store here in town but think I might cancel that order tomorrow and ask them to bring in the more expensive one. I don't really want to pay another $60 out of my meager grad student income but I figure I might as well pay it now as I would only end up paying that, or more, later when it became necessary to add effects pedals to my set-up. I figure if I take the hit now that's it - I won't have to buy anything else to go with the amp later on. Plus, the more expensive version has a master volume switch which would be ideal as it would allow me to take full advantage of the amp's features while still keeping the volume nice and low so as not to disturb the neighbors (the cheaper model doesn't have a master volume control so I would only get some of its features if I were to turn it up rather loud).

Oh well, I guess I'll change my order tomorrow and will just bite the bullet on the extra cost.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------