Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » November 29th, 2009, 7:08 am

bjornolf wrote:Good Morning all! ~o)

%%-
Looks like you beat most of the crowd in getting up...
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2009, 8:28 am

%%-
Good morning. I've had 2 cups of ~o) I need another.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2009, 8:29 am

Nobody here but me. ;;)
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 29th, 2009, 8:50 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:

%%-
I've just finished my first cup, but it's decaf in deference to my daughter's pregnancy so she can have one too. No sacrifice at all. I think I'll have another. Cup of decaf, that is, not another daughter =)) =)) =)) Oh, had I told you that our grandchild will be a girl? They haven't picked a name yet - they will wait to she what she looks like and then make a final decision.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » November 29th, 2009, 10:03 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:

%%-
I've just finished my first cup, but it's decaf in deference to my daughter's pregnancy so she can have one too. No sacrifice at all. I think I'll have another. Cup of decaf, that is, not another daughter =)) =)) =)) Oh, had I told you that our grandchild will be a girl? They haven't picked a name yet - they will wait to she what she looks like and then make a final decision.
What a great grandpa!

I think we here at CTN should all recommend Katie.
-- DukeUsul
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 29th, 2009, 10:29 am

CathyCA wrote:I'm heading back to Raleigh as part of the Great Kid Switch to drop off Sam at RDU. I will miss him. :(( =((

I'll come home, nap, and then head back to Raleigh tonight to pick up Christian.
Vibes to you, Cathy. Part A of the equation must be very difficult.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 29th, 2009, 11:19 am

I slept in way late today and now I'm trying to get organized for the month. There's so much to do, but most of it is really fun! I am so relieved to have a paycheck again. My house cleaning guy started cleaning again last week. It is so wonderful to come home to a clean house. Next weekend is the oyster roast, then the next will be cookie baking weekend, then it's off to make my debut 8-} at MSG!!, then it'll be Christmas!! Good grief!! I love December!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2009, 11:36 am

DukePA wrote:I slept in way late today and now I'm trying to get organized for the month. There's so much to do, but most of it is really fun! I am so relieved to have a paycheck again. My house cleaning guy started cleaning again last week. It is so wonderful to come home to a clean house. Next weekend is the oyster roast, then the next will be cookie baking weekend, then it's off to make my debut 8-} at MSG!!, then it'll be Christmas!! Good grief!! I love December!
WhooRay, my daughter is up and running. Even pwing in her spare time. :D
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » November 29th, 2009, 12:10 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote: Good morning. I've had 2 cups of ~o) I need another.
What a great grandpa!

Speak for yourself! IMHO the world needs more Lisa's.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 29th, 2009, 1:15 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:

%%-
Cameron.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 29th, 2009, 1:16 pm

Bud Light's "Tailgate Tested, Tailgate Approved" campaign needs to end yesterday.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » November 29th, 2009, 2:11 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
Well I would have to agree with that one too!
-- DukeUsul
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » November 29th, 2009, 3:13 pm

I put a turkey breast, three turkey drumsticks and a rack of ribs on the smoker a few hours ago. Putting up an artificial Christmas tree (for the first time), drinking a Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier and watching the Colts-Texans game. I have a few comments on the above.

1) Placing the ribs on the rack above the turkey breast is, I think, going to turn out to be a great thing. It's a port fat thing.
2) I'm an ardent believer in cutting down trees (reducing our ability to scrub CO2 out of the air) in order to satisfy our pagan tree-worship needs at the same time we celebrate the birth of our Lord. So switching to an artificial one is really just weird. Putting up this fake tree is rather tedious. Each "branch" has all these little branches and twigs that come out of the box all folded up and you have to splay them out to fill in all the gaps. Very tedious.
3) I normally hate wheat beers (they taste like rotting oranges) and fruit beers. But I'm okay with this one. It's really not bad.
4) I was very surprised to see the Texans with such a huge lead when I put the game on, but I have no doubt the Colts will win this one by at least 14 going away. In fact, I'd dare say the Texans won't score more than the 20 they have.
-- DukeUsul
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 29th, 2009, 3:23 pm

DukeUsul wrote:1) Placing the ribs on the rack above the turkey breast is, I think, going to turn out to be a great thing. It's a port fat thing.
Hmmm..interesting..and it makes sense.
DukeUsul wrote:2) I'm an ardent believer in cutting down trees (reducing our ability to scrub CO2 out of the air) in order to satisfy our pagan tree-worship needs at the same time we celebrate the birth of our Lord. So switching to an artificial one is really just weird. Putting up this fake tree is rather tedious. Each "branch" has all these little branches and twigs that come out of the box all folded up and you have to splay them out to fill in all the gaps. Very tedious.
I love my little fake tree. I have two. Neither are going up this year, we won't be here and there isn't enough room in our trailer unless it has the function of protecting the presents from....rain? Falling ornaments?
DukeUsul wrote:3) I normally hate wheat beers (they taste like rotting oranges) and fruit beers. But I'm okay with this one. It's really not bad.
The blackberry is ok, but not near as good as their cherry wheat(and now their coastal wheat..also very good)
DukeUsul wrote:4) I was very surprised to see the Texans with such a huge lead when I put the game on, but I have no doubt the Colts will win this one by at least 14 going away. In fact, I'd dare say the Texans won't score more than the 20 they have.
Delhomme sucks. He isn't on either team, but since it's Delhommesucksday I thought I'd throw that in there.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » November 29th, 2009, 3:42 pm

We always get a real tree, but we're going to be up in NJ from Dec 18 through the new year. Over two weeks. It just doesn't make sense to put it up for such a short period and then either 1) take it down before Dec 18 or 2) leave it up un-watered until the new year.

I REALLY LOVE taking the family to go pick a tree, hoisting it up on top of the car and the smell of christmas (i.e., pine tree) in the house once it's up.

I think I need to find some fake pine smell candles.
-- DukeUsul
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 29th, 2009, 3:56 pm

DukeUsul wrote: 4) I was very surprised to see the Texans with such a huge lead when I put the game on, but I have no doubt the Colts will win this one by at least 14 going away. In fact, I'd dare say the Texans won't score more than the 20 they have.
You were almost right. 35-27 Indy with 18 seconds left. Onsides kick by Houston coming up after the timeout.

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 29th, 2009, 3:57 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote: Delhomme sucks. He isn't on either team, but since it's Delhommesucksday I thought I'd throw that in there.
Yes. Yes he does.

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 29th, 2009, 4:42 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Good morning. I've had 2 cups of ~o) I need another.
What a great grandpa!

Great suggestions all. Daughter liked them all! S-I-L says it will not be a yuppy name, and it will be easily identified as a "girl's" name, not a generic name like Cameron. BTW, he'd veto that anyway... :( Not his preferred blue.

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 29th, 2009, 5:00 pm

ö

That thing is it's own smiley.