LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 22nd, 2009, 3:56 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I got out my carpentry tools today and rebuilt our closet, it was fun. I haven't picked up my tools in a while. :rivet: :Hammer: :Wrench:
Will you pick up the tools when your finished? :)) ;) If you do, fyi, thats not the way it works at our house. :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 22nd, 2009, 3:58 pm

Not much going on here. CTNers must be tired. (-| (-|
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 22nd, 2009, 4:04 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I got out my carpentry tools today and rebuilt our closet, it was fun. I haven't picked up my tools in a while. :rivet: :Hammer: :Wrench:
Will you pick up the tools when your finished? :)) ;) If you do, fyi, thats not the way it works at our house. :D
Usually I leave them wherever I last used them, including the yard. I was good today, I picked up most of them. (I'm not picking up that screwdriver over there...it's heavy)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » November 22nd, 2009, 4:06 pm

Home watching Katie while Lisa goes to the Twilight movie with a friend. Just took a loaf of pumpkin chocolate chip bread out of the oven. Letting it cool. Hoping Katie won't notice (or will like it) when I change the TV from The Wiggles to the Pats game shortly.
-- DukeUsul
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 22nd, 2009, 4:12 pm

DukeUsul wrote: Hoping Katie won't notice (or will like it) when I change the TV from The Wiggles to the Pats game shortly.
Pumpkin chocolate chip bread bribery. :chef:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » November 22nd, 2009, 4:39 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DukeUsul wrote: Hoping Katie won't notice (or will like it) when I change the TV from The Wiggles to the Pats game shortly.
It seems to have worked. She's still asking for "wemoo" (lemur - we were watching Zaboomafoo), but I told her that he went night night. She LOVED the pumpkin chocolate chip bread.
-- DukeUsul
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 22nd, 2009, 4:41 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
It seems to have worked. She's still asking for "wemoo" (lemur - we were watching Zaboomafoo), but I told her that he went night night. She LOVED the pumpkin chocolate chip bread.
Paging Lavabe, Lavabe to the LTE...
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » November 22nd, 2009, 5:17 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: Paging Lavabe, Lavabe to the LTE...
I know I know. Should I teach her how to pronounce "sifaka?" I have a bad feeling it would come out embarrassingly wrong. :D
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 22nd, 2009, 5:37 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
Usually I leave them wherever I last used them, including the yard. I was good today, I picked up most of them. (I'm not picking up that screwdriver over there...it's heavy)
eight ounces of OJ, half a dozen ice cubes, a glass and a shot of vodka can't be THAT heavy...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 22nd, 2009, 5:38 pm

Gets me several times a year. ;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 22nd, 2009, 6:09 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
I'm so proud of you for picking up. Screw to screw driver. :D
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 22nd, 2009, 8:08 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:It seems to have worked. She's still asking for "wemoo" (lemur - we were watching Zaboomafoo), but I told her that he went night night. She LOVED the pumpkin chocolate chip bread.
Legacy Lady's 4th or 5th word ever said was "lemur."

ARKIE: ILJ will be in touch with you. She was called to ST. LOUIS today for work. Will obtain the Wheach. Pass on the word to the new daddy, throaty.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 22nd, 2009, 8:10 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Home watching Katie while Lisa goes to the Twilight movie with a friend.
Better hide this post from BD.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 22nd, 2009, 8:11 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Home watching Katie while Lisa goes to the Twilight movie with a friend.
LegacyLady just saw it for the second time. :ymblushing:
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » November 22nd, 2009, 8:22 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
If it's a book written by PADI, you can blow through it pretty quickly, particularly if you use your critical reading skills. Read the objectives at the front of each chapter, read the summaries at the end of each chapter; skim for headings and bold words, and you'll learn most of what you need to know. There will be open book quizzes/knowledge reviews - these are usually asked/answered verbatim from the text; and a closed book final.

Besides the instructor, there may be some other assistants hanging around - they are either dive masters or students wanting to be dive masters. All of these folks (including the instructor) have a lot of experience to share - get them talking about diving and dive stories and dive equipment, and you'll learn a lot more than just what's in the book.

Lastly, have fun and enjoy! Diving is, to me, much more of a zen way of exploring places that most folks will never ever see in their lifetimes, than an athletic activity that you power through. Slow down, breathe (this is a really key part of diving, actually ;) ) relax, and you'll have a great time!
So, after a weekend of diving in a pool I cannot wait to actually dive in the ocean! Due to the timing I have to do my open water dives while we are on vacation sadly. I would rather be able to free dive those two days, but hey - it's diving either way! I definitely need to work on keeping my breathing consistent. Whenever I get cold and start shivering (70 degree pool in 65 degree weather with some wind) I have a very difficult time keeping my breathing normal. I also find myself randomly holding my breath every now and then... But anyways, I loved what I saw so far!
Class of 2014
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » November 22nd, 2009, 8:28 pm

I may dive under the covers for some much needed sleep after a long weekend.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » November 22nd, 2009, 8:29 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I may dive under the covers for some much needed sleep after a long weekend.
Sounds like an AWESOME idea. i-)
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » November 22nd, 2009, 8:35 pm

So I just found out that one of my friends who is in pretty much all of my classes (A Duke fan) pretty much ALWAYS has extra tickets to CIS! WTFFFFFFFFF!!!!!! WHY DIDN'T SHE TELL ME THAT BEFORE?!@?!?!?!?!@)032809238-258

So I'm basically going to be living with her family from now on. (I wish!)
But really. She better take me to at least 10. No, 12. Maybe 13 games. Or else our friendship is over.
Class of 2014
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 22nd, 2009, 8:38 pm

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:It seems to have worked. She's still asking for "wemoo" (lemur - we were watching Zaboomafoo), but I told her that he went night night. She LOVED the pumpkin chocolate chip bread.
Legacy Lady's 4th or 5th word ever said was "lemur."

ARKIE: ILJ will be in touch with you. She was called to ST. LOUIS today for work. Will obtain the Wheach. Pass on the word to the new daddy, throaty.
Good to know! You'll be getting some bonus Schlafly Pumpkin Ale as well, and some bonus Wheach (part of a sixer that I have left). Feel free to share at a brunchgate.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 22nd, 2009, 9:09 pm

Rolvix wrote:So I just found out that one of my friends who is in pretty much all of my classes (A Duke fan) pretty much ALWAYS has extra tickets to CIS! WTFFFFFFFFF!!!!!! WHY DIDN'T SHE TELL ME THAT BEFORE?!@?!?!?!?!@)032809238-258

So I'm basically going to be living with her family from now on. (I wish!)
But really. She better take me to at least 10. No, 12. Maybe 13 games. Or else our friendship is over.
:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: I do hope you can come to a bunch of games. LGD! GTHC,GTH