Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » November 15th, 2009, 2:35 pm

devildeac wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Wow, that is so cool! How long do your dives usually last?
Anywhere from 30-75 minutes. That one was about 45.

The length of the dive is dependent on how much gas you're carrying, how fast you're breathing, what type of gas (air, nitrox, tri-mix), and how deep you're diving.
"How much gas you're carrying?"

Regular, mid-grade, premium or pinto bean? :roll:
Natural gas, the fuel of the future?
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » November 15th, 2009, 6:24 pm

devildeac wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote: Anywhere from 30-75 minutes. That one was about 45.

The length of the dive is dependent on how much gas you're carrying, how fast you're breathing, what type of gas (air, nitrox, tri-mix), and how deep you're diving.
"How much gas you're carrying?"

Regular, mid-grade, premium or pinto bean? :roll:
No, no, that kind of gas is for propulsion! :D :)) :D =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 15th, 2009, 9:11 pm

7 guests! C'mon folks, quit visiting and start posting. ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 15th, 2009, 9:16 pm

devildeac wrote:7 guests! C'mon folks, quit visiting and start posting. ;)
Like DD said, start posting. Nobody here but Duke fans. ;;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 15th, 2009, 11:49 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:I posted this to my FB page too, but in case you didn't see it there -

http://www.giantstridephotography.com/S ... 9786_6m5aS

Diving today, we ran across a rather sizeable Giant Pacific Octopus (GPO.) Normally, we see them in various nooks and crannies, but they sleep during the day, do their hunting at night primarily, so are rather inactive and not all that exciting. You see them breathe, maybe watch a couple suckers quiver, and move on.

Today, this GPO was VERY curious. Mr. DA was doing the video-taping, and i was watching. We've heard stories about octos putting up fights over regulators (what you breathe from) and cameras, etc., and I was just thinking to myself, "I wonder how this one feels about us watching him and shining bright lights at him," when whammo - out come two arms and they just wrap up onto the camera, and Mr. DA's face!! (He had a hood on, plus mask, so it only landed/sucked on his cheek and regulator.)

I watched it for about 5 seconds, watched Mr. DA tug a bit on the camera, obviously fighting a tiny bit with the GPO, then kind of freaked out and reached out and pulled the tentacle arm off of Mr. DA. As soon as the octo felt my pull, it retracted back down into its crevasse. We stayed and watched it - it reached out a couple more times, but backed off quickly - until we were running low on air and had to leave. During our safety stop, Mr. DA pointed out that the octo had pulled off a lens filter - seems like a fair trade, we got good video. ;)

Definitely one of the cooler dives we've done of late. :D :D Didn't hurt that when we came up to the surface, we were in sight of the Seattle skyline and Mount Rainier.
Libby - those videos are AWESOME!!!! !!!! Better than you in a field of tulips, sorry! I can imagine being there! Thanks for sharing! Are WE eating Prawn tonight with a side of crab? I don't the congress or senate have passed a law yet that prevents us from bringing those YUMMY morsels to a boil and getting steamed about!!!!! Please keep posting these adventures, OMG, I love them!!!!!! :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 15th, 2009, 11:51 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:I posted this to my FB page too, but in case you didn't see it there -

http://www.giantstridephotography.com/S ... 9786_6m5aS

Diving today, we ran across a rather sizeable Giant Pacific Octopus (GPO.) Normally, we see them in various nooks and crannies, but they sleep during the day, do their hunting at night primarily, so are rather inactive and not all that exciting. You see them breathe, maybe watch a couple suckers quiver, and move on.

Today, this GPO was VERY curious. Mr. DA was doing the video-taping, and i was watching. We've heard stories about octos putting up fights over regulators (what you breathe from) and cameras, etc., and I was just thinking to myself, "I wonder how this one feels about us watching him and shining bright lights at him," when whammo - out come two arms and they just wrap up onto the camera, and Mr. DA's face!! (He had a hood on, plus mask, so it only landed/sucked on his cheek and regulator.)

I watched it for about 5 seconds, watched Mr. DA tug a bit on the camera, obviously fighting a tiny bit with the GPO, then kind of freaked out and reached out and pulled the tentacle arm off of Mr. DA. As soon as the octo felt my pull, it retracted back down into its crevasse. We stayed and watched it - it reached out a couple more times, but backed off quickly - until we were running low on air and had to leave. During our safety stop, Mr. DA pointed out that the octo had pulled off a lens filter - seems like a fair trade, we got good video. ;)

Definitely one of the cooler dives we've done of late. :D :D Didn't hurt that when we came up to the surface, we were in sight of the Seattle skyline and Mount Rainier.
Thanks, BTW, for posting here also, I missed it on your FB! CathyCA is teaching me of the ways of live updates with FB (that is Facebook), so... double posting gets you in practice for PWing! Bring it on!!!! :D ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 15th, 2009, 11:55 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Home & tired...and still toting lots of oysters. I was gonna find them a new home, but then thought about it and I'm gonna steam and then can the ones I have. I should be able to fill up a few jars.
I WAS WISHING YOU would have asked ME TO TAKE A LOAD OFF your hands!!!! :D ;) I had a blast shucken those babies, they were YUMMMMMEEEE!!!!! but we still have Wake Forest and Donnas! I am sooo glad I tested them when I did, they were DEEEEE-LICIOIUS!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p I am still salivating and yearning my OYSTER BOOST, if that is possible! ;) B-) :ymblushing:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 15th, 2009, 11:59 pm

DukePA wrote:Despite the game, Ezzmarellda had a wonderful time today. She got to hang out with a high school buddy and drink, she then went back into WW, quickly left and resumed Brunchgating and drank! She was then chauffeured by CB&B out to Efland to deliver oysters to the parental units and finally home to the beach. What a wonderful fun day. GTHC (lucky freaking bastards :( )
It was great SEEING YOU and I am still thinking about that goodbye (ahem KISS)! :ymblushing: :p :ymhug: :-* I thought I was going to finally meet STEVE-O but guess that will have to wait a month, but I was still the victor! :ymblushing: :-* :D :ymhug: :-* Glad you are home safe, because I know Chris wanted to try some of those samplers DD & I gave him! :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 16th, 2009, 12:00 am

devildeac wrote:c'mon you guests, login and post!
I caught a 5 minute power nap in the back seat as MY GIRL got us home safely! Then I had other priorities,.....
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 16th, 2009, 12:01 am

cl15876 wrote:
I caught a 5 minute power nap in the back seat as MY GIRL got us home safely! Then I had other priorities,.....
when we got home.... :ymblushing: :D ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 16th, 2009, 12:02 am

cl15876 wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
Ya know ....
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 16th, 2009, 12:04 am

cl15876 wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
cl15876 wrote:"quote="devildeac""c'mon you guests, login and post!"/quote"

Ya know ....
Emptying out the car, kicking the dog, putting the trash out, kicking the dog again, hitting the head, kicking the dog, and .......
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 16th, 2009, 12:11 am

cl15876 wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
cl15876 wrote:"quote="cl15876"""quote="devildeac""c'mon you guests, login and post!"/quote"

I caught a 5 minute power nap in the back seat as MY GIRL got us home safely! Then I had other priorities,....."/quote"

Ya know ....
Emptying out the car, kicking the dog, putting the trash out, kicking the dog again, hitting the head, kicking the dog, and .......
making sure everything was locked up to keep MY GIRL and ME safe... making sure the neighbor didn't see ME KICKING THEIR DOG, taking a shower and then hitting the sack! I was BEET!!!! What a day, INCREDIBLE, Chris with his OYSTERS, TIM with his breakfast (DAMN!!!!), OZ (with his .... hmmm, budlight, ... NO, ... Hmmm, OH Doughuts, Sherri with her bagels, VDB (I feel violated with that acronym... with her breakfast apple/bacon/crissp/egg balls (they were FRICKIN AWESOME... RECIPE POST REQURED.... Hey, double that bacon!) ;) :D ..... Lets see what did I miss, ............. OH SHIT, wrong thread....
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 16th, 2009, 8:43 am

Today is Monday.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 16th, 2009, 11:48 am

My Dad is in the hospital (Duke Med Center). I won't ask for vibes until we know more about what is going on. It could be minor, maybe an inner ear problem. It could be worse. It's diagnostic testing day.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 16th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Bostondevil wrote:My Dad is in the hospital (Duke Med Center). I won't ask for vibes until we know more about what is going on. It could be minor, maybe an inner ear problem. It could be worse. It's diagnostic testing day.
I do hope vibes will not be needed. I sending a few just in case.{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 16th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Bostondevil wrote:My Dad is in the hospital (Duke Med Center). I won't ask for vibes until we know more about what is going on. It could be minor, maybe an inner ear problem. It could be worse. It's diagnostic testing day.
BD, as you know I'm here (the medical center) everyday. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and your family.
I worship the Blue Devil!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 16th, 2009, 12:24 pm

On the good news side, Almost Made in Heaven will be getting a Boston area production! Tell all your Boston area Duke friends that they need to come. I want the audience to get the play! (Plus there is an audience choice award, let's pack the house with Dukies!)
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 16th, 2009, 1:23 pm

Bostondevil wrote:On the good news side, Almost Made in Heaven will be getting a Boston area production! Tell all your Boston area Duke friends that they need to come. I want the audience to get the play! (Plus there is an audience choice award, let's pack the house with Dukies!)
EXCELLENT news!!!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 16th, 2009, 1:24 pm

Sending hugs your way, BD!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith