LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Bostondevil » November 12th, 2009, 12:09 am

I will pay money to see him kiss people in the future.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 12th, 2009, 12:10 am

Just not Katherine Heigl. I kinda liked her in 27 Dresses but i"m not getting the rest of her Rom/Com success. She's no Meg Ryan. She's too statuesque cold bitch for me.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 12th, 2009, 12:11 am

To be a successful Rom/Com Queen, the girls have got to like you.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 12th, 2009, 12:11 am

It's not going to happen with Katherine. I've got it, let's put Amy Adams with Gerard. I would definitely pay to see them kiss.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 12th, 2009, 12:13 am

By the way, I could have made some great fixes to the first third of The Ugly Truth's script. How does one get that job? I need a scriptwriting partner. I have no idea how to construct a movie, but, darn it, I write better dialog than 90% of the movies out there today.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 12th, 2009, 3:37 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Maybe the coyotes will drown. I know, thats sounds mean but coytoes are not very nice.
What about the cougars? ;) :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 12th, 2009, 3:44 am

Bostondevil wrote:Now that Hugh Grant is getting just a little bit old for the parts, we need a new go-to guy for the Rom-Coms.
Last night, ILJ mentioned that she lost rom-com interest in Hugh Grant a LONG time ago. In contrast, Colin Firth has staying power.

Hasn't Matthew Mc-con-a-hey (however you spell his last name) assumed the role of rom-com guy?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 12th, 2009, 4:38 am

Today is Thursday.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 12th, 2009, 6:04 am

Lavabe wrote:
bjornolf wrote: And Happy Veterans' Day to all the veterans on our board. Without you, we wouldn't have the freedoms we take for granted every day. Which reminds me, I need to go call my dad and my brother. I'm also making brownies for my neighbor, who's a marine who's now served in two wars.

**== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **==

%%-
POTD!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ :-bd
Wow, thanks, Lavabe. That means a lot to me. In my decade or so posting over on DBR and here and a few other sites, that's the FIRST POTD I've EVER gotten, and I've always wanted one. :D I've finally made it!

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 12th, 2009, 6:10 am

Bostondevil wrote:Now that Hugh Grant is getting just a little bit old for the parts, we need a new go-to guy for the Rom-Coms.

No, no, no! You can't have him. Butler is an action movie guy. We had him first. Dammit! First the kids' movies steal the Rock, and now the romantic comedies are trying to steal GB. NO! Come on, guys, we have to draw the line somewhere! We're running out of actors for the action movies. There're tons of guys itching to be in romantic comedies. Leave us GB, ladies. PLEASE!

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » November 12th, 2009, 6:17 am

Lavabe wrote:Today is Thursday.
Tomorrow is Friday
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 12th, 2009, 6:55 am

Lavabe wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Maybe the coyotes will drown. I know, thats sounds mean but coytoes are not very nice.
What about the cougars? ;) :D
:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 12th, 2009, 7:55 am

Lavabe wrote: Hasn't Matthew Mc-con-a-hey (however you spell his last name) assumed the role of rom-com guy?
Hmmmm, how to answer this question? He's assumed a role, but's it not 'go-to guy'. He has yet to make a decent Rom-com.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 12th, 2009, 7:58 am

bjornolf wrote:

No, no, no! You can't have him. Butler is an action movie guy. We had him first. Dammit! First the kids' movies steal the Rock, and now the romantic comedies are trying to steal GB. NO! Come on, guys, we have to draw the line somewhere! We're running out of actors for the action movies. There're tons of guys itching to be in romantic comedies. Leave us GB, ladies. PLEASE!

%%-

He can do both! (See Harrison Ford, Tom Hanks, Mel Gibson) Plus, you've got Matt Damon for action movies. He's never done a Rom-com (and why not, I ask you, why not?)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 12th, 2009, 8:31 am

We had so much rain that some counties cancelled school today..ours has a two hour delay. I don't get the two hour delay..in two hours it's still going to be raining. I don't get the cancellations either.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 12th, 2009, 8:34 am

bjornolf wrote:

%%-
I disagree. We had him first in Phantom of the Opera. Granted, it's not a rom-com, but Phantom is more a chick flick than action flick.

Gerard Butler to the lovelies.

Besides, does his accent do anything for you? Yeah, didn't think so. While for us lovelies it definitely does something for us.
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 12th, 2009, 8:38 am

TillyGalore wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-
I disagree. We had him first in Phantom of the Opera. Granted, it's not a rom-com, but Phantom is more a chick flick than action flick.

Besides, does his accent do anything for you? Yeah, didn't think so. While for us lovelies it definitely does something for us.
I see you your Phantom, and raise you Timeline, Tomb Raider 2, Shooters, Attila, Dracula 2000, and Tomorrow Never Dies, ALL of which came before Phantom. And his accent does things for me that I don't care to mention in mixed company. We had him first, dangit!

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » November 12th, 2009, 8:43 am

bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-

Fine! You win.

I see you your Phantom, and raise you Timeline, Tomb Raider 2, Shooters, Attila, Dracula 2000, and Tomorrow Never Dies, ALL of which came before Phantom. And his accent does things for me that I don't care to mention in mixed company. We had him first, dangit!

%%-
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 12th, 2009, 8:46 am

Bostondevil wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-

He can do both! (See Harrison Ford, Tom Hanks, Mel Gibson) Plus, you've got Matt Damon for action movies. He's never done a Rom-com (and why not, I ask you, why not?)
Okay, what romantic comedies has Ford been in (I don't think Sabrina really qualifies as a comedy)? Plus, what action movies has Hanks been in (and if you say the DaVinci Code movies, you lose all credibility in this area)? And how many romantic comedies has Mel been in, one? And Matt Damon only does high brow action movies. Plus, he was in Jersey Girl and Chasing Amy, which are both listed as romance comedies by imdb.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » November 12th, 2009, 9:18 am

Ford - Rom/Coms Working Girl, Six Days and Seven Nights, Random Hearts, okay that last one is Rom no Com.

Hanks - Saving Private Ryan, Apollo 13

Gibson - Rom/Coms Maverick, Bird on a Wire, What Women Want, and as we have established before, all the Lethal Weapon movies, ;)