Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DevilAlumna » November 8th, 2009, 1:59 pm

CathyCA wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:And this paddle game, that's all I need.
I watched that movie this morning.

I'm picking out a thermos for you!
"I found my special purpose!"

"He's after those cans!"

"The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!"

God, I love that movie....
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 8th, 2009, 3:36 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:And this paddle game, that's all I need.
I watched that movie this morning.

I'm picking out a thermos for you!
"I found my special purpose!"

"He's after those cans!"

"The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!"

God, I love that movie....
I love the opening of the movie. He has such great rhythm. :))
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 8th, 2009, 3:41 pm

I just have to brag. I have the most amazing church family. I actually volunteered to organize the all church pot luck dinner today. (Yes, it does say "Sucker" on my forehead.) I sent out an e-mail asking for people to help - needing folks to set up, accept and put out food, and to clean up. I had lots of volunteers for all parts of the day. I actually don't feel like I did much work at all today. They are the best church family!

Plus, I got lots of people telling me how much work I do - and i don't feel like I did a thing. What a great positive affirmation. (Who needs Stuart Smalley.)
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 8th, 2009, 3:50 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
devildeac wrote:That's it folks, I am whipped. More tomorrow.
I would say something, but I'm still a grad student. Does tenure make you soft? :D
[-(
[-x
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 8th, 2009, 3:51 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote: Does tenure make you soft? :D
You'll have to ask a tenured professor that question. Or perhaps his wife. =)) =)) =))
[-(
[-x
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » November 8th, 2009, 4:14 pm

For the musicians in the group - we played hand bells in church this morning. The only thing I remember from first service was ringing in measure 44 and looking at measure 41 thinking to myself, "Oh, yeah, I was supposed to play the A in measure 41". I did not go back and play them when I realized I forgot them.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 8th, 2009, 5:25 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:For the musicians in the group - we played hand bells in church this morning. The only thing I remember from first service was ringing in measure 44 and looking at measure 41 thinking to myself, "Oh, yeah, I was supposed to play the A in measure 41". I did not go back and play them when I realized I forgot them.
Sounds similar to my experience. I got lost in the middle of the section where I had part of the melody. ~x( Fortunately there was a good place for me to get back into the groove. That's what happens when you miss the rehearsal before the performance.

On the bright side, I found out that I'm definitely in the trio for the Biebl Ave Maria that we're doing for our Lessons and Carols service. I've heard it before as a men's TTBB with TTB trio; this arrangement is SATB with SAT trio. Our "trio" has 6 singers, two on each part. It's a beautiful piece, and the trio part is at or near the upper end of my range in a couple of places. Needless to say, I'll be doing some serious practicing between now and Dec. 13.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 8th, 2009, 5:29 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:For the musicians in the group - we played hand bells in church this morning. The only thing I remember from first service was ringing in measure 44 and looking at measure 41 thinking to myself, "Oh, yeah, I was supposed to play the A in measure 41". I did not go back and play them when I realized I forgot them.
Oh, and don't you love doing stuff like that and having someone tell you, "You missed an A in measure 41"? The person next to me does that. It's quite annoying. I generally know that I missed a note and don't need extra reminders. She did that to my sub at rehearsal on Thursday. I might add that my part is split between treble and bass clefs, making it quite difficult to sight read. Especially if you're not a piano player, and my sub isn't a piano player. Not a very nice way to treat a substitute ringer imo.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 8th, 2009, 5:34 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I just have to brag. I have the most amazing church family. I actually volunteered to organize the all church pot luck dinner today. (Yes, it does say "Sucker" on my forehead.) I sent out an e-mail asking for people to help - needing folks to set up, accept and put out food, and to clean up. I had lots of volunteers for all parts of the day. I actually don't feel like I did much work at all today. They are the best church family!

Plus, I got lots of people telling me how much work I do - and i don't feel like I did a thing. What a great positive affirmation. (Who needs Stuart Smalley.)
Great job, DinK! It may seem to you like you didn't do much, but not everyone has the organizational skills to send out an e-mail, ask for volunteers, and then organize it all. I think there are always people who are willing to help in whatever way they can, but they don't get asked. The fact that you asked ahead of time and that it went together successfully is a measure of your talent as a leader. :ymapplause:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 8th, 2009, 5:37 pm

I don't know what it's like everywhere else, but it's a gorgeous day in St. Louis. I actually rode my bike across Forest Park (a bit over a mile) for a brief trip to the office. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow, I think, so I may take my bike again. It's definitely helpful to combine exercise with trips to and from work. It also gives me an additional excuse to leave work well before dark. :D
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 8th, 2009, 6:33 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I just have to brag. I have the most amazing church family. I actually volunteered to organize the all church pot luck dinner today. (Yes, it does say "Sucker" on my forehead.) I sent out an e-mail asking for people to help - needing folks to set up, accept and put out food, and to clean up. I had lots of volunteers for all parts of the day. I actually don't feel like I did much work at all today. They are the best church family!

DInK, you rock!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 8th, 2009, 6:37 pm

I've finished mowing my leaves and spreading pine straw in all of my planting beds. My yard looks like it could win "Yard of the Month" today. Except that those stupid oak leaves will fall overnight, and my yard will look like every other yard in the neighborhood tomorrow morning.

GRRR!

But for now, I have a great feeling of satisfaction and pride. B-)
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 8th, 2009, 8:10 pm

CathyCA wrote:I've finished mowing my leaves and spreading pine straw in all of my planting beds. My yard looks like it could win "Yard of the Month" today. Except that those stupid oak leaves will fall overnight, and my yard will look like every other yard in the neighborhood tomorrow morning.

GRRR!

But for now, I have a great feeling of satisfaction and pride. B-)
i know the feeling. we had 50 oak trees in the yard at the house we use to have. our whole family raked but we never finished. I will have to say oaks are nice in the summer.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 8th, 2009, 8:13 pm

i only watched the tail end of the panthers game today. thank goodness. :(
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 8th, 2009, 8:53 pm

yoo, i'm now a full time student of pwing. :ymparty: :ymparty: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » November 8th, 2009, 9:08 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:yoo, i'm now a full time student of pwing. :ymparty: :ymparty: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Congrats!!!
Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 8th, 2009, 10:46 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:i only watched the tail end of the panthers game today. thank goodness. :(
I watched most of the game and missed the tail end. Thank goodness. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 9th, 2009, 7:50 am

Haven't posted on this in a while and I heard the LTE calling my name this AM.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 9th, 2009, 7:53 am

No posts on this thread for quite a few hours. In fact, no CT posts since Ozzie's post after 11 PM. :ymsigh: :-o
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 9th, 2009, 8:09 am

devildeac wrote:No posts on this thread for quite a few hours. In fact, no CT posts since Ozzie's post after 11 PM. :ymsigh: :-o
The silencing effect of Bud Light. :))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.