Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » November 2nd, 2009, 3:02 pm

Lavabe wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
Lavabe wrote:STILL can't believe how boring the race at Talladega was ...
Ummm yeah... it's cars. Going in a cricle. Like a billion times. ;) ;) ;)
Sure beats watching the Phillies bullpen blow yet another game. ;) ;) ;)

I watched a few minutes of it last night, and all I could think of was a scene in this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KfztaGR-co

The scene appears at 1:30.

STILL one of the best ever episodes... sounds like an idea for another thread. *-:)

Can't
Use
YouTube
At
Work

:(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 2nd, 2009, 7:11 pm

I just got this email message today:
Dear Valued Customer,

As an MVP card holder and as one of our customers who has indicated a desire for e-mail messages from us, we are sending you this alert regarding a ground beef recall by one of our suppliers.

Fairbank Farms notified Food Lion LLC today that our company received a portion of fresh ground beef products that are part of Fairbank Farms' national product recall. The recall is isolated to 93/7 ground beef purchased at Food Lion stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. In an abundance of caution, any customer who purchased 93/7 ground beef at Food Lion with the sell by date of Sept. 21 through Oct. 8 should return the meat to the store for a full refund. The company is removing any affected product from store shelves immediately.

For more information on this and other food recalls, visit: http://www.FoodLion.com/Recalls

Thank you for being a valued customer.
My question is this: Why would Food Dog still keep a product on the shelf with a "sell by" date of Sept. 21 through Oct. 8 when it's already November 2? And why would they assume that I as a customer would still have a package of ground beef that is so far out of date at my house?

EWWW, GROSS!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 2nd, 2009, 7:15 pm

CathyCA wrote:I just got this email message today:
Dear Valued Customer,

As an MVP card holder and as one of our customers who has indicated a desire for e-mail messages from us, we are sending you this alert regarding a ground beef recall by one of our suppliers.

Fairbank Farms notified Food Lion LLC today that our company received a portion of fresh ground beef products that are part of Fairbank Farms' national product recall. The recall is isolated to 93/7 ground beef purchased at Food Lion stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. In an abundance of caution, any customer who purchased 93/7 ground beef at Food Lion with the sell by date of Sept. 21 through Oct. 8 should return the meat to the store for a full refund. The company is removing any affected product from store shelves immediately.

For more information on this and other food recalls, visit: http://www.FoodLion.com/Recalls

Thank you for being a valued customer.
My question is this: Why would Food Dog still keep a product on the shelf with a "sell by" date of Sept. 21 through Oct. 8 when it's already November 2? And why would they assume that I as a customer would still have a package of ground beef that is so far out of date at my house?

EWWW, GROSS!

Not gross...one word FREEZER which is were meat goes in my house when I buy it on sale.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 2nd, 2009, 7:26 pm

windsor wrote: Not gross...one word FREEZER which is were meat goes in my house when I buy it on sale.
Yup..I freeze tons of stuff if it's a deal.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 2nd, 2009, 7:26 pm

I'm watching "Sleeper" on IFC. I love this movie.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 2nd, 2009, 8:23 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm watching "Sleeper" on IFC. I love this movie.
Now I'm watching "The Full Monty"....another good one.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 2nd, 2009, 8:48 pm

My brother loaned me his dvd movie, Song of the South. We saw this movie when I was 5. I loved that movie. It was cartoon and real people, like Mary Poppins. I am going to try & copy it, which I have never done on my pc. Hope I'm sucessful. First I'm going to try & find it online. I would rather buy one.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 2nd, 2009, 8:52 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:I gotta slow down a bit with a milestone rapidly approaching. Hmm, what to do...
Drink and think.
Drink and think.Think and drink.Drinking and thinking.Thinking and drinking.Drinking thinking.Thinking drinking.Drunk and thunk.Thunk and drunk.Drunkingthunking. Oh what the hell, have a drink DD. :D :D ;)
When we moved to Ft. Lauderdale in 1970, my parents were friendly with a couple of judges in the neighborhood, named Druck* and Schmunck, who socially were referred to as Drunk and Schmuck =)) =)) =)) =))

*The Drucks lived next door to us and had 2 young daughters, one of them named Lisa. She grew up and changed her name to Reille Hunter. http://images.google.com/images?q=riell ... CBUQsAQwAA You remember her - she is the mother of ex-senator John Edwards' new child...
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » November 2nd, 2009, 8:53 pm

I'm watching Atlanta winning over the Saints - 7-0, with 9 min left in the 1st!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 2nd, 2009, 8:55 pm

Waiting for 2 1/2 men to come on! I know this will be better than watching the Saints finally get themselves together to kick arsss! twenty yards in last minute! Watch out atlanta! Da Da MEN!!!!!!!! OMG, another 10 yard pass on the falcons 30! I smell TD coming up!!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 2nd, 2009, 10:07 pm

Damn, not only did I call the first TD, but like watched and predicted the saints next 3 without saying it, but OMG, where did Atlanta go?
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 2nd, 2009, 10:22 pm

Sherman in town again?
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 2nd, 2009, 10:23 pm

Lokking like the Phillies might have a chance tonight.... currently 6 to 2 in the top of the 7th! Couldn't believe last night's game!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 2nd, 2009, 10:24 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Sherman in town again?
Who is Sherman?
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 2nd, 2009, 10:25 pm

Jeeter - too bad about your |--| broken bat! Yes, we were all lied too when our girls told us that was a better than average bat! 3" doesn't get you to first, buddy! :)) :)) :)) :)) :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( Gooo Phillies, keep it alive!!!! :ymdaydream: :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 2nd, 2009, 10:35 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, did you see THAT???????????? UTLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOWWWWWW, ties Reggie Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!! Phillies 7, Yanks 2!!!!!!! My neighbor just came to knock on my door to ask me to keep my OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'ng down to a peaceful calm as HE was trying to sleep!!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) I asked him if he was hungry, because he could EAT ME!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: Damn, Yankee fans!!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :-B
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 2nd, 2009, 10:41 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, did you see THAT???????????? WOOO HOOOOO!!!! Phillies 8, Yanks 2!!!!!!! My neighbor just came over again to knock on my door to ask me to keep my OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'ng down to a peaceful calm as HE was trying to sleep, again!!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) I said I guess you are ready for dessert!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: Damn, Yankee fans!!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :-B
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 2nd, 2009, 10:44 pm

Sorry Windsor and Oz, but I am NOT Hearing alot from the Yankee FANS tonight? IT IS TOO QUIET!!!! YES, I am loving it, because this is the way the series goes!!!! They can't make money if the Yankees win it out right, so they have to make it look good, but OMG, I love watching the ball sail out of the stadium like the last two HOMERUNS!!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » November 2nd, 2009, 11:02 pm

I'm biting my nails, the yankees have somehow, once again, made this game possible for them to win! What is up with this? They are truly amazing!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 2nd, 2009, 11:21 pm

cl15876 wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Sherman in town again?
Who is Sherman?
See Civil War, Burning of Atlanta