LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by colchar » November 1st, 2009, 3:09 am

Lavabe wrote: Seems like the perfect time to make your picks for the race at Dega!! Who ya going with, colchar?

I've got Martin, Dale Jr. (I know - I swore I was done with him this season), Vickers, and Dinger.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 1st, 2009, 6:55 am

SweetiePie and I totally forgot about DST today..she was running around frantic because she was late for work. Now she's playing some game on her computer since she realized she has another hour. I'm too awake to go back to bed.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 1st, 2009, 7:21 am

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Is it wrong to hope the Yankees beat the Phillies?
Yes, it is VERY wrong.
Speaking of which, this is a HUGE sports day in Philly, and NY for that matter. They start the day with the Iggles vs. the Giants with the division lead on the line, and finish the day with game 3 of the world series. It would be an awesome day for a fan with tickets to both. Talk about your tailgating opportunities! You can tailgate before the football game, then leave at the end of the football game and go straight to the baseball game for MORE tailgating. Wow.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 1st, 2009, 7:24 am

bjornolf wrote: They start the day with the Iggles vs. the Giants with the division lead on the line, and finish the day with game 3 of the world series.-
That's pretty amazing.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 1st, 2009, 7:29 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
bjornolf wrote: They start the day with the Iggles vs. the Giants with the division lead on the line, and finish the day with game 3 of the world series.-
That's pretty amazing.
That IS pretty amazing, especially considering that the NY baseball team took the 3rd game of the Series Saturday night, 8-5, and now have a 2-1 Series lead.
:-B
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 1st, 2009, 9:59 am

Morning all! I'm off to church O:-) and then to work :( . We're singing one of my favorite anthems today; it's a Mack Wilberg. He's the director of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Have any of you other musical types ever performed one of his works? His anthems are great. The one we're doing is becoming our traditional All Saints' Day anthem: Let Peace Then Still the Strife. It's a tough one to sing without crying if you really pay attention to the words.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » November 1st, 2009, 10:42 am

I'm looking to hit a dinger also.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » November 1st, 2009, 10:45 am

BD: The internal monologue

Oh geez, the 1000th post, where should I put it? Is it a milestone or should I put it in the LTE? I'd better make up my mind or I'll miss CathyCA's birthday, oops, happy belated Cathy! Hope you got more treats than tricks. Halloween would be a great day to make that post except you've got yoga, a birthday party, pumpkins to carve, trick-or-treating with the kids, and maybe baking an apple pie if you can squeeze it in. Do we have enough candy? Make sure you watch at least a few plays of Duke-Virginia, isn't it nice the Devils are on TV sometimes? There is one good thing about ACC expansion, you get ACC games on TV in Boston. Go Devils!!! Should it be memorable? Should I thank everybody for being . . . well, for just being? Should I get all emotional? Do I even feel emotional today? Where are the candles? I forgot to buy candles for the jack-o-lanterns! At least I got the perfect trick-or-treating accessory, an orange feather boa. Darn, I'm just not going to have time to run today, I'll do 3 miles tomorrow. Don't forget to train the cartwheel. What the heck am I talking about? I'll explain later. How did I get to 1000 anyway? Do I really have that much to say? When did the narrative change from Jay McInerney to J. D. Salinger? Does anybody get the joke? In this crowd? Sure they do. Most of 'em probably. The answer book told me I still have work to do. But the real question is, where do I do it? While I figure that out, I'll be posting here. And over there where I just hit 2000.

On to the next 1000!
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 1st, 2009, 10:47 am

Bostondevil wrote:On to the next 1000!
:ymapplause: :ymapplause:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 1st, 2009, 10:48 am

Lavabe wrote:
That's pretty amazing.
That IS pretty amazing, especially considering that the NY baseball team took the 3rd game of the Series Saturday night, 8-5, and now have a 2-1 Series lead.
:-B
Yea, yea, game 4, my bad.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 1st, 2009, 12:23 pm

I just made a big frozen margarita, and am suffering brain freezes. Damn you ice!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 1st, 2009, 12:24 pm

I am looking forward to "Men Who Stare at Goats". It has George Clooney in it, lovelies.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2009, 12:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I am looking forward to "Men Who Stare at Goats". It has George Clooney in it, lovelies.
Woo! I'm looking forward to that, too!
(~~)
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 1st, 2009, 12:53 pm

I don't have a fondness for goats, therefore I don't stare at them...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 1st, 2009, 1:02 pm

Speaking of New York happenings, congrats to Meb Keflezighi who won the men's marathon in NYC today. A naturalized US citizen, he is the first American man to win since 1982(probably the last win by Salazar, but I will have to look).
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 1st, 2009, 1:09 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I am looking forward to "Men Who Stare at Goats". It has George Clooney in it, lovelies.
Who cares about the goats; I'll be staring at George Clooney! :-* ;) :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 1st, 2009, 1:27 pm

BD has a new signature...it is Shakespeare sonnet...now if I could only remember which one....without googling it....
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 1st, 2009, 4:53 pm

and speaking of the Bard..

the time is out of joint. O cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right -

I'm getting a kick out of the posts from future :D ... time change? we don't need no stickin' time change!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 1st, 2009, 5:00 pm

Bostondevil wrote:On to the next 1000!
:ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Way to go. :) :) Very B-)
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 1st, 2009, 5:45 pm

windsor wrote:and speaking of the Bard..

the time is out of joint. O cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right -

I'm getting a kick out of the posts from future :D ... time change? we don't need no stickin' time change!
Me too, but the future isn't turning out exactly as I would have liked.