devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » October 21st, 2009, 1:23 pm

cl15876 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Root canal morning. Ugh. :-q
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :rivet: :rivet: :wizard:
You are so dog gone creative! I love the rivet man!!!! =)) =)) =)) =))
That's a rivet man? I thought that was MY dentist as he has been known to drill so much that he needs a hard hat to work! :(( :((
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 21st, 2009, 1:33 pm

Rootus interruptus. ~x( As he drilled, he said there were fractures in the tooth below the crown. As he got deeper into the canal, the fracture went all/most the way down the canal and he stopped. He said that even if he completes the procedure, infection would still get into the root and cause major problems, likely within a year. No point in completing (and charging me) for the procedure. If anyone is looking for an honest root canal dentist, I can recommend one.

New plan. The tooth will have to be extracted (next Tuesday) and then I'll have to get a fixed bridge "replacement" for the tooth. Not looking forward to thi$$$ at all. [-x [-x [-x :ympray: :ympray: :blee: :blee: :(( :(( :((
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 21st, 2009, 1:50 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: New plan. The tooth will have to be extracted (next Tuesday) and then I'll have to get a fixed bridge "replacement" for the tooth. Not looking forward to thi$$$ at all. [-x [-x [-x :ympray: :ympray: :blee: :blee: :(( :(( :((
That sucks, but like you say, at least he was honest up front and took the better approach for the long run. :Boo:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 21st, 2009, 2:31 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Rootus interruptus. ~x( As he drilled, he said there were fractures in the tooth below the crown. As he got deeper into the canal, the fracture went all/most the way down the canal and he stopped. He said that even if he completes the procedure, infection would still get into the root and cause major problems, likely within a year. No point in completing (and charging me) for the procedure. If anyone is looking for an honest root canal dentist, I can recommend one.

New plan. The tooth will have to be extracted (next Tuesday) and then I'll have to get a fixed bridge "replacement" for the tooth. Not looking forward to thi$$$ at all. [-x [-x [-x :ympray: :ympray: :blee: :blee: :(( :(( :((
I think I got lucky with my last crown for a fractured tooth/filling. Glad you'll only have 1 procedure instead of two. :(( :((
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 21st, 2009, 2:39 pm

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

I think I got lucky with my last crown for a fractured tooth/filling. Glad you'll only have 1 procedure instead of two. :(( :((
Tooth extraction, then a fixed bridge crown which is really three crowns. This will be far more than just 1 procedure...

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 21st, 2009, 3:37 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Rootus interruptus. ~x( As he drilled, he said there were fractures in the tooth below the crown. As he got deeper into the canal, the fracture went all/most the way down the canal and he stopped. He said that even if he completes the procedure, infection would still get into the root and cause major problems, likely within a year. No point in completing (and charging me) for the procedure. If anyone is looking for an honest root canal dentist, I can recommend one.

Tooth extraction, then a fixed bridge crown which is really three crowns. This will be far more than just 1 procedure...
Well, in that case:

:(( :(( :((

Sorry to hear that news. :(
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » October 21st, 2009, 4:49 pm

I was afraid this would happen! Vibes and prayers to you Oz!!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » October 21st, 2009, 6:13 pm

wilson wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Where do we stand relatively?
To answer what I think you meant by this question, we're currently at 90.3%.
+1 post
Class of 2014
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » October 21st, 2009, 6:14 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Tooth extraction, then a fixed bridge crown which is really three crowns. This will be far more than just 1 procedure...
Is an implant not an option?
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 21st, 2009, 6:24 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Rootus interruptus. ~x( As he drilled, he said there were fractures in the tooth below the crown. As he got deeper into the canal, the fracture went all/most the way down the canal and he stopped. He said that even if he completes the procedure, infection would still get into the root and cause major problems, likely within a year. No point in completing (and charging me) for the procedure. If anyone is looking for an honest root canal dentist, I can recommend one.

I'll share my root canal EXPERIENCE 1 day! All I will say IS I told the RAT bastards to pull the damn tooth at the time.... I hate to thank what it is HAS COST ME since that suggestion in both $$$$ and pain!! i'M JUST SAYING...... ;)
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 21st, 2009, 6:49 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Tooth extraction, then a fixed bridge crown which is really three crowns. This will be far more than just 1 procedure...
Yes it is, but for economic rea$on$, I choose the bridge. The bridge will cost ~$3000, 50% covered by dental insurance. The implant will cost $4000 to $5000, with 0% covered by insurance. Now, if you (or someone else on the board) would like to pick up the tab, or if I win megabucks in the Powerball tonight (or sometime soon), I'll go with the implant.

cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 21st, 2009, 7:05 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:
Yes it is, but for economic rea$on$, I choose the bridge. The bridge will cost ~$3000, 50% covered by dental insurance. The implant will cost $4000 to $5000, with 0% covered by insurance. Now, if you (or someone else on the board) would like to pick up the tab, or if I win megabucks in the Powerball tonight (or sometime soon), I'll go with the implant.
Damn, Oz... I thought I was being thrifty with implant surgery at 600 and then cap at another 600!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 21st, 2009, 9:27 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Must do 1 more post, now I have 340. Moving slow but moving. :D
Looks like the moderators have been deleting your posts!
New postby Very Duke Blue » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:30 am
Must do 1 more post, now I have 340. Moving slow but moving. :D

Very Duke Blue
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Man, I hope I was sleepy. :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 21st, 2009, 9:36 pm

You'll live. I've had 2 root canels. They weren't that bad. Hope you dentist is as good as mine. YOU WILL MAKE IT! I'll be thinking of you. :)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 21st, 2009, 9:38 pm

I am at 333 now, Ozzie. :D :D :D :D :D :D
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 21st, 2009, 9:56 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I am at 333 now, Ozzie. :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm closing in on the 1000 mark....trying to think of something profound...I have a little time...
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 21st, 2009, 10:01 pm

CellR wrote:
wilson wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Where do we stand relatively?
To answer what I think you meant by this question, we're currently at 90.3%.
+1 post
So, we're in the A- range and moving up. One day we'll have an A+.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 21st, 2009, 10:53 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:So, we're in the A- range and moving up. One day we'll have an A+.
I don't believe in A+. I believe in EarlJam.
\m/
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 21st, 2009, 11:15 pm

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:So, we're in the A- range and moving up. One day we'll have an A+.
I don't believe in A+. I believe in EarlJam.
\m/
I don't quite know what any of the above means, but Lavabe's post now stands alongside devildeac's recent post of every smiley as highly unlikely to ever be dislodged from CTN's top 10 posts ever.
I'd like to think that the time I posted the entire Magna Carta is also in that top 10, but I dunno.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 22nd, 2009, 5:47 am

I don't believe in giving an A+. There's something wrong about it.
I don't believe in half the crap that Crash Davis believed in BULL DURHAM, but I liked the scene.
I don't believe in the lottery.
I don't believe in...

Hey... sounds like a new thread idea! *-:)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.