LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by cl15876 » October 19th, 2009, 9:57 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I made my first apple pie today. Note to self, use more apples thus you won't overcook what you have and will have a bigger pie. Because I didn't have enough apples, I felt like I was eating applesauce pie. But, very good applesauce pie.
:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :-bd :-bd :-bd \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Very Good!!!! Nothing ventured, nothing gained! I bet it was awesome!!!! CellR got me thinking about making a fresh apple pie also!!!! I just have been lazzzzzzzEEEEEEE!!!!!! :D :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 19th, 2009, 9:58 pm

Lavabe wrote:I remember when Earl Morrall QB'd the Colts.
WHO WAS THAT! Jeesh, you MUST be reaching into the WAY BACK MACHINE, OL' MAN!!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 19th, 2009, 10:00 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Lavabe wrote:I remember when Earl Morrall QB'd the Colts.
I remember when Earl Morrall QB'd the Dolphins. In fact, he subbed about half the season for Bob Griese when he broke his leg. He only gave back the starting job for the AFC Championship. Oh, BTW, that was "The Perfect Season"! 17-0 baby! Still hasn't been duplicated, although I sure thought the Pats were going to a couple of seasons ago.
OMG, another OL' MAN!!!! Now I remember Bob Griese, but Earl Morrall does nothing for my senility!!! ;) :ymblushing: :ymblushing:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 19th, 2009, 10:01 pm

windsor wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
Lavabe wrote:"quote="YmoBeThere""No posts for over 6 hours..."/quote"
Morel mushrooms are the best tasting mushrooms. Discuss.
I read "Motel" mushrooms and thought, "man, they can't be THAT good." I'm a morON. #-o

%%-

WE are morons...I read it the same way. #-o #-o
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 19th, 2009, 10:02 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm 94 posts away from my total over yonder.
Way to go. You will get (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) when you get there. :)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 19th, 2009, 10:06 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
wilson wrote:I'm starting to feel the heat.
Some like it hot...
Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in and you're out
You're up and you're down

You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: I love that song!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 19th, 2009, 10:40 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
wilson wrote:I'm starting to feel the heat.
Some like it hot...
"...and some sweat when the heat is on..."
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 19th, 2009, 11:00 pm

cl15876 wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:The Megamillions jackpot is at $200 million. I threw caution (and $5) to the wind!
I got two tickets in Emporia (1 for me and 1 for CathyCA) and then I accidentally bumped into a Mercedes that WAS NOT THERE after I checked three times...... before moving (left, right, left) and then I heard a Horn.... WTF??? Where did he come from that sneak! I think it was a setup!!!! :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( fortunately, no one was hurt and I didn't win until later that night! :D (He must have known that I had the winning ticket or CathyCA did!) ;)
The winning ticket was purchased in Shenandoah, VA.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 19th, 2009, 11:06 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:The Megamillions jackpot is at $200 million. I threw caution (and $5) to the wind!
I got two tickets in Emporia (1 for me and 1 for CathyCA) and then I accidentally bumped into a Mercedes that WAS NOT THERE after I checked three times...... before moving (left, right, left) and then I heard a Horn.... WTF??? Where did he come from that sneak! I think it was a setup!!!! :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( fortunately, no one was hurt and I didn't win until later that night! :D (He must have known that I had the winning ticket or CathyCA did!) ;)
The winning ticket was purchased in Shenandoah, VA.
Damn, I knew I should have went to get apples before heading south!!!! :(( :(( :(( :((
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 19th, 2009, 11:18 pm

Apples, oranges, whats the difference when it comes to a lotto ticket? :)) :)) :))
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 19th, 2009, 11:23 pm

I had a great weekend and a great day. Now, I am i-) Goodnight all. ;;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 19th, 2009, 11:24 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I had a great weekend and a great day. Now, I am i-) Goodnight all. ;;)
Goodnight!!! Sleep tight! I am following the foot steps! Early day tomorrow!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 20th, 2009, 5:55 am

cl15876 wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I had a great weekend and a great day. Now, I am i-) Goodnight all. ;;)
Goodnight!!! Sleep tight! I am following the foot steps! Early day tomorrow!
Apparently not early enough to catch the worm... or the morel. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 20th, 2009, 8:10 am

My back hurts. Right smack in the middle of it. It's annoying the hell outta me. Grrrrrr. X(
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 20th, 2009, 8:19 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:My back hurts. Right smack in the middle of it. It's annoying the hell outta me. Grrrrrr. X(
Man, that sucks. I feel your pain. Ever since my (then 3 year old) son jumped off the back of the couch to land on my lower back with both knees making my legs go numb for five minutes, I haven't slept through a night. It's miserable. It tightens up as I sleep, and when I wake up, there's just no way to get back to sleep. I had x-rays taken, but they're telling me I have "minor arthritis" in my back, and I should lose weight. I just can't believe that if even I can go right to the spot on my back with a finger and press and feel pain and tenderness in one particular spot, and I'm getting pain radiating into my side that keeps me from sleeping for 18 months, that all that is is "minor arthritis". Anyway, like I said, I feel your pain.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 20th, 2009, 8:36 am

bjornolf wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:My back hurts. Right smack in the middle of it. It's annoying the hell outta me. Grrrrrr. X(
Man, that sucks. I feel your pain. Ever since my (then 3 year old) son jumped off the back of the couch to land on my lower back with both knees making my legs go numb for five minutes, I haven't slept through a night. It's miserable. It tightens up as I sleep, and when I wake up, there's just no way to get back to sleep. I had x-rays taken, but they're telling me I have "minor arthritis" in my back, and I should lose weight. I just can't believe that if even I can go right to the spot on my back with a finger and press and feel pain and tenderness in one particular spot, and I'm getting pain radiating into my side that keeps me from sleeping for 18 months, that all that is is "minor arthritis". Anyway, like I said, I feel your pain.

%%-
Sounds like you need a CAT scan or MRI to see if there is any bone/nerve/disc damage.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 20th, 2009, 8:47 am

devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-
Sounds like you need a CAT scan or MRI to see if there is any bone/nerve/disc damage.
Yea, but how do I get my doctor to believe me and send me for those things? He seems to be taking the radiologist's word as gospel. Part of the problem is that I have a high pain tolerance and I'm not a complainer, so even if things hurt, I'm not going to lay there crying. They almost sent me home from the hospital a few years back cause I wasn't screaming in pain when I had appendicitis. When I woke up in the morning, I had pain in my right lower quadrant. I read up on the symptoms, and stretched like the website said, and I could definitely feel the little hard spot like a pea. So, I called my doctor and he told me to go to the ER. The ER doctor was very rude, telling me that if I had appendicitis, I'd sound like the lady down the hall with appendicitis, who was screaming. He told me her white cell count was really high because of the infection. Then he did a very brisk and painful prostate exam (my wife said it looked like he had his entire fist in there), I assume to teach me a lesson. He did the blood test anyway, and my count was quite a bit higher than hers. When they did the scan, my appendix lit up like a Christmas tree. Luckily, I didn't see him again, or I might have said something.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 20th, 2009, 9:04 am

Tell you doc you want another opinion. If that doesn't fly, find another doctor.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 20th, 2009, 9:38 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Tell you doc you want another opinion. If that doesn't fly, find another doctor.
VDB is absolutley correct. Find one who will listen. It may take a while to find a doctor you click with, but it is worth it.
My Dr. is a straight forward, sarcastic shoot from the hip speak to me in medical jargon 'cause he knows I understand it guy. My husband would hate him.
Mr. Windsor's Dr. is a hand holding slow talking coddler. I would have to smack him! :D

It is frustrating to not be believed/taken seriously. Once a upon a time I told 3 doctors in the ER the same thing...2 thought I was full of it....1 believed me. Good thing or I'd be a :BooGhost: . No shit :poo: .
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » October 20th, 2009, 12:12 pm

windsor wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Tell you doc you want another opinion. If that doesn't fly, find another doctor.
VDB is absolutley correct. Find one who will listen. It may take a while to find a doctor you click with, but it is worth it.
My Dr. is a straight forward, sarcastic shoot from the hip speak to me in medical jargon 'cause he knows I understand it guy. My husband would hate him.
Mr. Windsor's Dr. is a hand holding slow talking coddler. I would have to smack him! :D

It is frustrating to not be believed/taken seriously. Once a upon a time I told 3 doctors in the ER the same thing...2 thought I was full of it....1 believed me. Good thing or I'd be a :BooGhost: . No shit :poo: .
Bjornolf, can you get in to see a physical therapist for your back? Something that specifically localized - they should be able to help with some ultrasound therapy, maybe help track down/pinpoint the pain area even further, which you can then take back to your doc.

(And Windsor, I lovelovelove your new sig!)