LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Rolvix » October 16th, 2009, 1:33 pm

I feel like my posting has been slack for the last week or so...
Class of 2014
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 16th, 2009, 1:48 pm

CellR wrote:I feel like my posting has been slack for the last week or so...
Well, we'll cut you some slack. You've been pre-occupied.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 16th, 2009, 2:24 pm

I had mid-morning tea with Dean Sue today. Yes, that Dean Sue. She was up in Boston and for some reason I'm on Duke's radar. I met with her and another woman who works in her office, or maybe it was the development office. Anyway, it was a fun meeting. They want to read my Duke-Carolina play plus they think my idea for a 'Tobacco Road Race' is a good idea. Sarah, the other woman with us, is going to try and put me in touch with someone who could maybe make it happen.

BD's idea for the 'Tobacco Road Race'. How often have we heard ESPN use the phrase '8 miles down Tobacco Road'? I said that I thought there really ought to be a race from Duke's campus to UNC's campus (or vice versa) run on the day of the second Duke-Carolina game each year to raise money for each school's scholarship fund or some such. They thought it was a great idea. We'll see if anything comes of it. They asked me if I'd like to be in charge and I said I'd need help. So, if a co-chair can be found, this thing might come to pass.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 16th, 2009, 2:41 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I had mid-morning tea with Dean Sue today. Yes, that Dean Sue. She was up in Boston and for some reason I'm on Duke's radar. I met with her and another woman who works in her office, or maybe it was the development office. Anyway, it was a fun meeting. They want to read my Duke-Carolina play plus they think my idea for a 'Tobacco Road Race' is a good idea. Sarah, the other woman with us, is going to try and put me in touch with someone who could maybe make it happen.

BD's idea for the 'Tobacco Road Race'. How often have we heard ESPN use the phrase '8 miles down Tobacco Road'? I said that I thought there really ought to be a race from Duke's campus to UNC's campus (or vice versa) run on the day of the second Duke-Carolina game each year to raise money for each school's scholarship fund or some such. They thought it was a great idea. We'll see if anything comes of it. They asked me if I'd like to be in charge and I said I'd need help. So, if a co-chair can be found, this thing might come to pass.
Muy cool! B-)

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 16th, 2009, 4:10 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:I had mid-morning tea with Dean Sue today. Yes, that Dean Sue. She was up in Boston and for some reason I'm on Duke's radar. I met with her and another woman who works in her office, or maybe it was the development office. Anyway, it was a fun meeting. They want to read my Duke-Carolina play plus they think my idea for a 'Tobacco Road Race' is a good idea. Sarah, the other woman with us, is going to try and put me in touch with someone who could maybe make it happen.

Muy cool! B-)
Ozzie: Become the co-chair. It'll be your first step on the road to being AD. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 16th, 2009, 4:42 pm

Bostondevil wrote: BD's idea for the 'Tobacco Road Race'. How often have we heard ESPN use the phrase '8 miles down Tobacco Road'? I said that I thought there really ought to be a race from Duke's campus to UNC's campus (or vice versa) run on the day of the second Duke-Carolina game each year to raise money for each school's scholarship fund or some such. They thought it was a great idea. We'll see if anything comes of it. They asked me if I'd like to be in charge and I said I'd need help. So, if a co-chair can be found, this thing might come to pass.
That's awesome and great idea! If there are any CTN resources you can use, feel free.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » October 16th, 2009, 5:12 pm

I'm sure co-chairing this would help my chances of admission. :D :D :))
Class of 2014
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 16th, 2009, 9:56 pm

winner, winner, Chicken dinner?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 16th, 2009, 10:03 pm

Lavabe wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Muy cool! B-)
Ozzie: Become the co-chair. It'll be your first step on the road to being AD. ;)
As long as I don't have to run in it... :D

Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 16th, 2009, 10:19 pm

I'm surprised and pleased by the enthusiasm here for the Tobacco Road Race. If it's really going to happen, there would need to be someone from both universities officially on board. What I plan to do is work up a proposal with some estimated costs and send it in.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 16th, 2009, 11:21 pm

The Megamillions jackpot is at $200 million. I threw caution (and $5) to the wind!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 17th, 2009, 2:44 am

YmoBeThere wrote:The Megamillions jackpot is at $200 million. I threw caution (and $5) to the wind!
Lump sum/Cash option?
;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 17th, 2009, 6:48 am

Bostondevil wrote:I'm surprised and pleased by the enthusiasm here for the Tobacco Road Race. If it's really going to happen, there would need to be someone from both universities officially on board. What I plan to do is work up a proposal with some estimated costs and send it in.
Tobacco Road Race is such a great idea. I know both universities will love to sponsor. (*) (*) (*) (*) to you!!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 17th, 2009, 6:53 am

Too early to be up on a Sat. morning. I'm still i-) (-| Need some ~o)
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 17th, 2009, 8:31 am

I was up at 5:45 a.m. It has gotten cold already here, colder than normal. Maybe I brought it with me from New England?
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 17th, 2009, 8:39 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I was up at 5:45 a.m. It has gotten cold already here, colder than normal. Maybe I brought it with me from New England?

It has finally gotten cooler in Florida - high will only be 70 today...after months of uninterupted 90s it feels very good!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 17th, 2009, 8:49 am

Random video post, because like name chanting, there just isn't enough of it here.

YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 17th, 2009, 8:57 am

windsor wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I was up at 5:45 a.m. It has gotten cold already here, colder than normal. Maybe I brought it with me from New England?

It has finally gotten cooler in Florida - high will only be 70 today...after months of uninterupted 90s it feels very good!
I'm fairly certain I didn't feel 90 degree temperatures at all this year.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 17th, 2009, 10:58 am

So, its ALL YOUR FAULT. :D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 17th, 2009, 11:05 am

For those who don't visit the BBall board.

Videos for those who didn't see the festivities:

Cinematic History:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlCIRXVJkv4

Season Cancelled:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2V_4...eature=channel

Countdown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lHph...eature=channel

Hype Video with Mike Posner:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izKfj...eature=channel