LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 11th, 2009, 12:12 am

DevilAlumna wrote: Did you get any snow? My brother got a few inches in Lincoln, and my mom said that North Platte got 15"!! My folks are planning a move back to Nebraska, and were back to handle some details this weekend; my dad is now (only semi-jokingly) reconsidering the relocation.
Reading your post, I was wondering if your dad was nuts? Glad he's reconsidering.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 11th, 2009, 1:30 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Here at the beach it's upper 80's. :flame:
Oh, what a tough life you lead. 8-|
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 11th, 2009, 1:32 am

DukieInKansas wrote:...green tomatoes...
=p~
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » October 11th, 2009, 1:55 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote: Did you get any snow? My brother got a few inches in Lincoln, and my mom said that North Platte got 15"!! My folks are planning a move back to Nebraska, and were back to handle some details this weekend; my dad is now (only semi-jokingly) reconsidering the relocation.
Reading your post, I was wondering if your dad was nuts? Glad he's reconsidering.
Mom wants the move - she has grandbabies there.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 11th, 2009, 6:01 am

DukePA wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Vibes for a friend please...

I've known him for 18 years, and he's a dear friend of mine. I met him singing in the church choir when I was in high school. He's a bit older than I (mid 50s). He and his life partner took my wife in when she first moved up here and charged her a pittance for rent, mostly because she insisted. They were both groomsmen in my wedding. He's a good actor, very funny. I've done a few plays with him, but he does several a year.

Anyway, he has cancer. They haven't figured out what kind yet, but it's spread through his lymph nodes to his neck. Stupid Kaiser Permanente didn't take him seriously, or it would have been caught over a year ago. It doesn't look good. He's optimistic though, and he's gonna fight.

So, anyway, please send some vibes his way. His name's Ronnie.

%%-
Sending vibes and praying for Ronnie and his family.
Please let Ronnie and his partner know that we're vibing and praying for them. When I hear this kind of story it makes me so sad. I wish Kaiser or his docs or anyone had taken him seriously last year. Let's hope this is a primary cancer and not metastatic. Keep us posted.
Oh, it's metastatic. They're still trying to find where it came from.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 11th, 2009, 7:17 am

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's cancer. Vibes that they can figure out what is going on and get it under control.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 11th, 2009, 7:19 am

DukeUsul wrote:I think I'll be taking Wednesday off. Hopefully all this crap is over with by then. Even if it isn't, I think I'll let someone else deal with it.
I'm taking Wednesday off, switching to the phone company for service via fiber optic cable rather than the coax I am currently on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 11th, 2009, 7:31 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:I think I'll be taking Wednesday off. Hopefully all this crap is over with by then. Even if it isn't, I think I'll let someone else deal with it.
I'm taking Wednesday off, switching to the phone company for service via fiber optic cable rather than the coax I am currently on.
Ahh, if only you had a 100' coax...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 11th, 2009, 9:40 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Oh. Grandmateral instincts. Thanks for the warning, I'll be on the lookout for similar signs around here... B-) I wouldn't be too surprised if Mrs. Ozzie takes half of January and February off (expecting the Feb. 4th due date).
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 12th, 2009, 12:18 am

devildeac wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
Ahh, if only you had a 100' coax...
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) B-)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 12th, 2009, 12:21 am

ArkieDukie wrote: I was at work for a little while too. We're trying to get some samples analyzed before a big vist from the Gates Foundation next week. Wanted to make sure everything is still working; we want them to be impressed and amazed - and give us $$. :D
Good luck!!!! I am sure you'll impress the VIPs!! Hope a bunch of $$$'s come your way!!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 12th, 2009, 12:22 am

DukeUsul wrote:Woke up this morning and worked 8 am until 3pm. Took off from 3pm til 8pm to be with the family - went pumpkin picking at Ganyard Farm. What a great place. Yeah I know I missed the huge win, but it was nice to get away from work and just chase my daughter around a farm.

I've been back home and working since 8. Servers are going down. DB accounts are getting locked. DBAs are being paged after hours. Gotta get some kind of system up and running by tomorrow morning. Once it's up, I'll probably take a few days to work out the bugs.

I think I'll be taking Wednesday off. Hopefully all this crap is over with by then. Even if it isn't, I think I'll let someone else deal with it.
Good Luck DukeUsul!!!! I bet you're deployment will be terrific! :-bd
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 12th, 2009, 9:19 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:No pretty sunny day here. It is supposed to get down to 29 overnight. I broke down and turned on the heat for the first time. Took all the green tomatoes off the plants and got the potatoes out of the ground. I brought in some of the plants last night. Haven't decided what to do with some of the others. I'm not sure if the cold snap is supposed to last or just be a few days.
Did you get any snow? My brother got a few inches in Lincoln, and my mom said that North Platte got 15"!! My folks are planning a move back to Nebraska, and were back to handle some details this weekend; my dad is now (only semi-jokingly) reconsidering the relocation.
No snow and, fortunately, it didn't make it as low as 29 so the plants I didn't bring in are still alive. Hopefully, they will make it another 2 wks until I have time to do something with them. Next weekend is booked with a retreat.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 12th, 2009, 9:22 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: quote="DevilAlumna"
Did you get any snow? My brother got a few inches in Lincoln, and my mom said that North Platte got 15"!! My folks are planning a move back to Nebraska, and were back to handle some details this weekend; my dad is now (only semi-jokingly) reconsidering the relocation. /quote
Oh. Grandmateral instincts. Thanks for the warning, I'll be on the lookout for similar signs around here... B-) I wouldn't be too surprised if Mrs. Ozzie takes half of January and February off (expecting the Feb. 4th due date).
What a great day for a birthday! ;)
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 12th, 2009, 9:53 am

It's gray and raining (hard) here...again. I'm still in bed.
I will mobilize soon, though, and I'm so in the zone these days that I'm in no danger of failure to do what I need to do today.
I had an absolutely glorious weekend, both productive and lots of fun. My life honestly couldn't be any better right now.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » October 12th, 2009, 11:59 am

wilson wrote:It's gray and raining (hard) here...again. I'm still in bed.
I will mobilize soon, though, and I'm so in the zone these days that I'm in no danger of failure to do what I need to do today.
I had an absolutely glorious weekend, both productive and lots of fun. My life honestly couldn't be any better right now.
That's great to hear wilson. We're just starting to get your rain up in Charlotte and I too am in the zone. Also had a great weekend, even though Kelly and I are sharing a wee head cold. Kick ass.
sMiles
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » October 12th, 2009, 12:11 pm

Miles wrote:That's great to hear wilson. We're just starting to get your rain up in Charlotte and I too am in the zone. Also had a great weekend, even though Kelly and I are sharing a wee head cold. Kick ass.
Hey Miles, how's it going, working 'remotely'?
Miles

Post by Miles » October 12th, 2009, 12:28 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
Miles wrote:That's great to hear wilson. We're just starting to get your rain up in Charlotte and I too am in the zone. Also had a great weekend, even though Kelly and I are sharing a wee head cold. Kick ass.
Hey DA. I miss the guys and the office interaction, and my boss is still struggling with a way to keep me in the loop on important conversations but I'm doing pretty good now. I've got a routine down, some days working from home, sometimes from Kelly's, and sometimes from Caribou so that keeps things kind of interesting in place of the office interaction.

It also looks like someone is stepping down soon which should have a positive impact on my work. It should allow my boss and I to interact more freely because she tended to meddle and micromanage us. That really sucks because my boss himself is a micromanager so I was getting double the trickledown of micromanaged lameness.

Thanks for asking!
sMiles
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » October 12th, 2009, 1:45 pm

Miles wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:
Hey DA. I miss the guys and the office interaction, and my boss is still struggling with a way to keep me in the loop on important conversations but I'm doing pretty good now. I've got a routine down, some days working from home, sometimes from Kelly's, and sometimes from Caribou so that keeps things kind of interesting in place of the office interaction.

It also looks like someone is stepping down soon which should have a positive impact on my work. It should allow my boss and I to interact more freely because she tended to meddle and micromanage us. That really sucks because my boss himself is a micromanager so I was getting double the trickledown of micromanaged lameness.

Thanks for asking!
Yeah for losing a micromanager! Hopefully that will make the conversation you had recently with your boss last longer.
Life is good!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 12th, 2009, 3:02 pm

Just got back from the Tufts 10K race, not too bad, 1:15 and change.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!