LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » October 10th, 2009, 7:28 am

Cats don't need to be walked...but I do need some exercise. No, no, I'm not walking my cats.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » October 10th, 2009, 8:47 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Cats don't need to be walked...but I do need some exercise. No, no, I'm not walking my cats.
My brother and I kept his girlfriend's cat when we were in college. He was a scrappy little guy and he liked to go for walks. I got the strangest looks when he trotted by on a leash.
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 10th, 2009, 9:18 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Cats don't need to be walked...but I do need some exercise. No, no, I'm not walking my cats.
I took my dog for a walk the other night, and our stupid cat decided to go as well. I didn't realize it until we were 3 blocks down the road...he'd run ahead, and then lay down in the street waiting for us to to catch up.
Stupid cat.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » October 10th, 2009, 9:58 am

Lavabe wrote: P.S. BD: I'm trying the reverse jinx strategy for you. By saying that it looks like no Series for the Boston Beaneaters, you KNOW what will happen now!
Are you trying to tell me you are rooting for the Sox!?! That's very sweet and I thank you (even if I don't quite believe you.) At the risk of removing the jinx provided by you, I'm not feeling it this year. I am, however, pulling out all the stops, the good luck butt rub is coming out tomorrow. Eveybody knows about the good luck butt rub, yes?
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 10th, 2009, 10:00 am

'Schoolhouse Rocks Live' was pretty awesome. Not much story but hearing the songs with my two older sons was a lot of fun. They were singing them again this morning, well, the 12 year old was, the teenager is still asleep. I'm off to yoga class.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 10th, 2009, 11:24 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
I took my dog for a walk the other night, and our stupid cat decided to go as well. I didn't realize it until we were 3 blocks down the road...he'd run ahead, and then lay down in the street waiting for us to to catch up.
Stupid cat.
Awwwww. I love little Cheap Shot kitty, kitty :cat:
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » October 10th, 2009, 11:25 am

Working this weekend. Sucks. At least I'm working from home. I'm supposed to get an application deployed by Sunday morning. There's a congressional mandate that my federal customers start looking at stuff on Sunday morning, so the app needs to be up. But it's a Sunday morning. And Monday is a federal holiday. So no one is going to look at it until Tuesday. But I still have to work from home today to make sure it's all up tomorrow. Sigh.
-- DukeUsul
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 10th, 2009, 11:27 am

DukePA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Stupid cat.
Awwwww. I love little Cheap Shot kitty, kitty :cat:
Little Cheap Shot kitty is dead. He was hit by a car; I'm pretty sure he has come back to possess the new cat.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 10th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Damn it's hot as hell today...for once I'm happy I'm not at a football game.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 10th, 2009, 12:33 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Damn it's hot as hell today...for once I'm happy I'm not at a football game.
Its overcast & 69 in the triangle today. If it stays this way, it should be a good game day. GO DUKE!!! :-bd :-bd
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 10th, 2009, 12:35 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Damn it's hot as hell today...for once I'm happy I'm not at a football game.
Its overcast & 69 in the triangle today. If it stays this way, it should be a good game day. GO DUKE!!! :-bd :-bd
That sounds like some good football weather. Here at the beach it's upper 80's. :flame:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 10th, 2009, 12:36 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Working this weekend. Sucks. At least I'm working from home. I'm supposed to get an application deployed by Sunday morning. There's a congressional mandate that my federal customers start looking at stuff on Sunday morning, so the app needs to be up. But it's a Sunday morning. And Monday is a federal holiday. So no one is going to look at it until Tuesday. But I still have to work from home today to make sure it's all up tomorrow. Sigh.
I was at work for a little while too. We're trying to get some samples analyzed before a big vist from the Gates Foundation next week. Wanted to make sure everything is still working; we want them to be impressed and amazed - and give us $$. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 10th, 2009, 12:37 pm

It's not hot in St. Louis. In fact, it's cold. Sunny and pretty, though. I may need to go out and take some pictures. The leaves are starting to change colors.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 10th, 2009, 12:38 pm

I have nothing to say in this post, I'm just PWing ;)
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 10th, 2009, 12:45 pm

bjornolf wrote:Vibes for a friend please...

I've known him for 18 years, and he's a dear friend of mine. I met him singing in the church choir when I was in high school. He's a bit older than I (mid 50s). He and his life partner took my wife in when she first moved up here and charged her a pittance for rent, mostly because she insisted. They were both groomsmen in my wedding. He's a good actor, very funny. I've done a few plays with him, but he does several a year.

Anyway, he has cancer. They haven't figured out what kind yet, but it's spread through his lymph nodes to his neck. Stupid Kaiser Permanente didn't take him seriously, or it would have been caught over a year ago. It doesn't look good. He's optimistic though, and he's gonna fight.

So, anyway, please send some vibes his way. His name's Ronnie.

%%-
Sending vibes and praying for Ronnie and his family.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 10th, 2009, 12:49 pm

colchar wrote:I have nothing to say in this post.
Well, then I don't have a reply.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 10th, 2009, 12:52 pm

Awwwww. I love little Cheap Shot kitty, kitty :cat:[/quote]
Little Cheap Shot kitty is dead. He was hit by a car; I'm pretty sure he has come back to possess the new cat.[/quote]

I am so sorry. If a cat has the ability to possess another, I know Cheap Shot would do it. What is the new kitty's name?
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 10th, 2009, 12:56 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Vibes for a friend please...

I've known him for 18 years, and he's a dear friend of mine. I met him singing in the church choir when I was in high school. He's a bit older than I (mid 50s). He and his life partner took my wife in when she first moved up here and charged her a pittance for rent, mostly because she insisted. They were both groomsmen in my wedding. He's a good actor, very funny. I've done a few plays with him, but he does several a year.

Anyway, he has cancer. They haven't figured out what kind yet, but it's spread through his lymph nodes to his neck. Stupid Kaiser Permanente didn't take him seriously, or it would have been caught over a year ago. It doesn't look good. He's optimistic though, and he's gonna fight.

So, anyway, please send some vibes his way. His name's Ronnie.

%%-
Sending vibes and praying for Ronnie and his family.
Please let Ronnie and his partner know that we're vibing and praying for them. When I hear this kind of story it makes me so sad. I wish Kaiser or his docs or anyone had taken him seriously last year. Let's hope this is a primary cancer and not metastatic. Keep us posted.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 10th, 2009, 12:57 pm

DukePA wrote: I am so sorry. If a cat has the ability to possess another, I know Cheap Shot would do it. What is the new kitty's name?
Taz. He is equally evil...He waits until you are you doing your job and petting him until he purrs, then he attacks you. Cheap Shot is in there somewhere.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 10th, 2009, 12:58 pm

K68 and I had a perfect morning. We went to the Durham Farmer's Market, then I came home and made French Toast for him. He loves my French Toast. ArkieDukie, I used vanilla this time as you had once suggested. The French Toast was yummy.

I have to clean house as I have really good friends coming over for dinner tonight. I love owning a house and now love to entertain more than I used to.
:D :D :D :D :D
I worship the Blue Devil!