LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Bostondevil » October 9th, 2009, 5:15 pm

I took a break from scarves last weekend and banged out a baby gift (a hat).
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 9th, 2009, 5:51 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Nope, sorry windsor, that's a new one on me. The yarn I bought today was a silk/cashmere blend. It's for a scarf (what else) for my friend Diane who won the Marathon donor scarf draw.
I hear it varies depending on the source - single or double coated Dylans would be soft and solid blacck (and I have the advantage of growing his out a couple of inches and then cutting it off). Wizard will be a combination soft undercoat with darker guard hairs which are coarser. People who have knitted stuff with it tell me it is much warmer than wool - especially when you use a double coated breed like Wizard.

I am not brave enough to trying spinning it myself!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » October 9th, 2009, 6:14 pm

windsor wrote: I like puppies (no guys...not THOSE puppies...these puppies :o3 :o3 :o3 )
LOL. Ever hear coaches refer to feet as "puppies" as in, "Come on, move those puppies!" to someone who is running slowly? (Actually I think that's one of Bill Raftery's terms whenever a player travels... Anyway, Mrs. Turk calls hers "two peas on an ironing board".
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 9th, 2009, 6:16 pm

I live in Waterloo Ontario and the annual Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest started at noon today with the traditional tapping of the keg. This is the largest Oktoberfest celebration in the world outside of Germany itself (the region was founded by Germans) and is something everyone should experience at least once. But I've experienced it enough times that I am no longer a fan. I think it is great for the area and great for tourism but I just cannot get excited about this festival any more - especially as all the drunken morons in town pile out of the fest halls at the end of the night and head straight into the bars where they continue to drink. That means that those of us who choose to avoid Oktoberfest can't really get away from it. For those of us who work in bars it is an absolute nightmare. God help us as it is going to be a long nine days around here!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 9th, 2009, 6:20 pm

Turk wrote:
windsor wrote: I like puppies (no guys...not THOSE puppies...these puppies :o3 :o3 :o3 )
LOL. Ever hear coaches refer to feet as "puppies" as in, "Come on, move those puppies!" to someone who is running slowly? (Actually I think that's one of Bill Raftery's terms whenever a player travels... Anyway, Mrs. Turk calls hers "two peas on an ironing board".
I have referred to my sore feet before with the expression "these dogs are aching/sore."
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Turk

Post by Turk » October 9th, 2009, 6:23 pm

Coincidentally, speaking of feet....

One night, a bunch of us were in a bar and observing the clientele. One friend speculated that it looked like a female patron had "gotten a new pair" at the exact moment his girlfriend came within earshot. "New pair of what?" she asked. He replied, "New pair of shoes" in perfect rhythm, with complete innocence, and without missing a beat. After we got done nose-spewing drinks all over each other, it is our preferred term for that part of the anatomy and that type of cosmetic surgery to this day. So if you ever hear a bunch of guys saying "that girl has nice shoes" or "I wonder if those are new shoes?", it's a safe bet they are not talking about footwear.
Turk

Post by Turk » October 9th, 2009, 6:25 pm

devildeac wrote:
Turk wrote:
I have referred to my sore feet before with the expression "these dogs are aching/sore."
Is that the phrase "My dogs are barking at me" ? :o3 :o3 :o3
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 9th, 2009, 7:13 pm

windsor wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Vibes for a friend please...

I've known him for 18 years, and he's a dear friend of mine. I met him singing in the church choir when I was in high school. He's a bit older than I (mid 50s). He and his life partner took my wife in when she first moved up here and charged her a pittance for rent, mostly because she insisted. They were both groomsmen in my wedding. He's a good actor, very funny. I've done a few plays with him, but he does several a year.

Anyway, he has cancer. They haven't figured out what kind yet, but it's spread through his lymph nodes to his neck. Stupid Kaiser Permanente didn't take him seriously, or it would have been caught over a year ago. It doesn't look good. He's optimistic though, and he's gonna fight.

So, anyway, please send some vibes his way. His name's Ronnie.

%%-
Prayers and vibes for Ronnie. A positive attitude with lots of prayers and vibes are very powerful tools. And vibes and prayers for his partner, family, and friends as they help him through this fight.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
I must have speed reading the LTE because I totally missed this.

Vibes to Ronnie for the strength to wage a successful fight
Vibes to all of those supporting him during this difficult time

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
More vibes!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 9th, 2009, 7:36 pm

To bjoroff, sorry to hear about your friend. Many prayers and vibes to him, his partner, you and all his family and friends.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 9th, 2009, 7:38 pm

Vibes are a flyin!! :ympray:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 9th, 2009, 10:32 pm

I went to see 'Schoolhouse Rock Live' at Acme Theater tonight. Yes, it was a musical based on the Schoolhouse Rock songs. I took Andrew and Jack (number 1 and number 2 sons).
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 9th, 2009, 10:37 pm

WOW!

What a win by the Yankees! ARod hits a 2-run home run to tie it in the bottom of the ninth, and Mark Texiera wins it with a walk-off "wall scraper" home run in the 11th! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » October 9th, 2009, 10:51 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I took a break from scarves last weekend and banged out a baby gift (a hat).
For some reason I missed the "gift (a hat)" part the first time I read it...
Bostondevil wrote:I took a break from scarves last weekend and banged out a baby
Needless to say I was a little bit surprised. :D :)) =)) :-o
Class of 2014
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 9th, 2009, 11:01 pm

Turk wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Turk wrote:
Is that the phrase "My dogs are barking at me" ? :o3 :o3 :o3
Yep, that's the one. ;) :D
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 9th, 2009, 11:25 pm

CellR wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:I took a break from scarves last weekend and banged out a baby gift (a hat).
Bostondevil wrote:I took a break from scarves last weekend and banged out a baby
Actually, it was twins, boys number 5 and 6, Michael and Joey. When we get to 8, the name is Tate. (Number 7 is Luke.)
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » October 9th, 2009, 11:54 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
CellR wrote:
Actually, it was twins, boys number 5 and 6, Michael and Joey. When we get to 8, the name is Tate. (Number 7 is Luke.)
What about 9? Robbie?
Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 10th, 2009, 1:09 am

Bostondevil wrote:I went to see 'Schoolhouse Rock Live' at Acme Theater tonight. Yes, it was a musical based on the Schoolhouse Rock songs. I took Andrew and Jack (number 1 and number 2 sons).
How was it?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 10th, 2009, 6:01 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:WOW!

What a win by the Yankees! ARod hits a 2-run home run to tie it in the bottom of the ninth, and Mark Texiera wins it with a walk-off "wall scraper" home run in the 11th! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
Just as a reminder to Ozzie:
1) we now have at least TWO separate threads about baseball... the John Lester/Melky Cabrera thread AND the 2009 MLB Postseason thread.
2) The guy who hit the "wall scraper" is Mark T-E-I-X-E-I-R-A. We sort of got used to that spelling issue in Atlanta. ;)

The good news is that it's looking like the country will not have to live through 24/7 coverage of yet ANOTHER Boston/NY series. Hopefully that means our normal tv shows will not be preempted.

Cheers,
Lavabe

P.S. BD: I'm trying the reverse jinx strategy for you. By saying that it looks like no Series for the Boston Beaneaters, you KNOW what will happen now!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 10th, 2009, 7:17 am

Hmm..

Here all alone...

Wonder what sort or havoc, err, consecutive post # I can attain...

Nah, I gotta go out for my run/walk before the rains reach the area...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 10th, 2009, 7:24 am

devildeac wrote:Hmm..

Here all alone...

Wonder what sort or havoc, err, consecutive post # I can attain...

Nah, I gotta go out for my run/walk before the rains reach the area...
No... not all alone, but if you are going out for a walk, I suppose I must do my usual walk with Georgia now. :o3