LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DevilAlumna » October 9th, 2009, 1:29 am

colchar wrote:I am sick as a dog - nasty head and chest cold with all of the accompanying aches and pains to the point where I would happily shoot myself in the head to get it over with if only I could be arsed to get out of bed and find a gun. Then again, I'd probably find it in my roommate's room as he is also sick and is likely thinking shooting himself is a viable option at this point.

This sucks.
Dude, I'm sorry. I started the headcold action last night, and it's drifting into sore throat mode, soon to be followed by chest cold.

I had a friend recommend "blueberry tea," - 1 oz. Grand Marnier, 1 oz. Amaretto, hot tea to taste (about 4 oz.) ~o) It may or may not help your cold, but I guarantee you'll feel better. ;)
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » October 9th, 2009, 1:30 am

It took me three tries to get my last post in. Darn, BD's fast! ^:)^
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 9th, 2009, 1:31 am

Yeah, colchar, I hope you feel better too.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 9th, 2009, 1:32 am

DevilAlumna wrote:It took me three tries to get my last post in. Darn, BD's fast! ^:)^
Really? I was debating the wisdom of most of those posts. I guess I wasn't debating as much as I thought.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » October 9th, 2009, 1:38 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Ugh. The discomfort I feel in my gum is an abscess. I'm scheduled for a root canal on Oct. 21st :Boo: :Boo: :Boo:
Boo for abscesses. I got one spring break of freshman year while in Florida, then had to fly up to DC. Oww, pressure changes! :(( :(( That root canal was SUCH a welcome relief - it actually felt good!! (No anesthesia or anything, the dentist just drilled up until the abscess burst.)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 9th, 2009, 7:04 am

Anyone watching NASA slam a rocket into the moon? Happenes at 7:31 this morning.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 9th, 2009, 7:14 am

Vibes for a friend please...

I've known him for 18 years, and he's a dear friend of mine. I met him singing in the church choir when I was in high school. He's a bit older than I (mid 50s). He and his life partner took my wife in when she first moved up here and charged her a pittance for rent, mostly because she insisted. They were both groomsmen in my wedding. He's a good actor, very funny. I've done a few plays with him, but he does several a year.

Anyway, he has cancer. They haven't figured out what kind yet, but it's spread through his lymph nodes to his neck. Stupid Kaiser Permanente didn't take him seriously, or it would have been caught over a year ago. It doesn't look good. He's optimistic though, and he's gonna fight.

So, anyway, please send some vibes his way. His name's Ronnie.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » October 9th, 2009, 7:20 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Anyone watching NASA slam a rocket into the moon? Happenes at 7:31 this morning.
Yes, I am! What an awesome project to work on, build it, fly it and crash it and get paid lots of money to do it again!
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » October 9th, 2009, 7:22 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Anyone watching NASA slam a rocket into the moon? Happenes at 7:31 this morning.
I want to! But I have to leave for school.
Class of 2014
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 9th, 2009, 7:23 am

cl15876 wrote:
Yes, I am! What an awesome project to work on, build it, fly it and crash it and get paid lots of money to do it again!
What channel is it on?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 9th, 2009, 7:24 am

I'm watching!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 9th, 2009, 7:24 am

bjornolf wrote:Vibes for a friend please...

I've known him for 18 years, and he's a dear friend of mine. I met him singing in the church choir when I was in high school. He's a bit older than I (mid 50s). He and his life partner took my wife in when she first moved up here and charged her a pittance for rent, mostly because she insisted. They were both groomsmen in my wedding. He's a good actor, very funny. I've done a few plays with him, but he does several a year.

Anyway, he has cancer. They haven't figured out what kind yet, but it's spread through his lymph nodes to his neck. Stupid Kaiser Permanente didn't take him seriously, or it would have been caught over a year ago. It doesn't look good. He's optimistic though, and he's gonna fight.

%%-
Bjornolf... MUCHO MUCHO vibes and prayers to Ronnie!!!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 9th, 2009, 7:25 am

bjornolf wrote:Vibes for a friend please...

%%-
I'm thinking of and praying for Ronnie, and sending a hug to you, too, Bjornolf!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 9th, 2009, 7:29 am

CathyCA wrote:
I'm watching!

What channel? I tried the NASA channel, but it's just silence with weird blue green images I don't understand. Is there another channel with it?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 9th, 2009, 7:34 am

bjornolf wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
I'm watching!

What channel? I tried the NASA channel, but it's just silence with weird blue green images I don't understand. Is there another channel with it?

%%-
NBC - channel 4
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 9th, 2009, 7:42 am

Bostondevil wrote:
windsor wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:Y'all did notice the title of the thread, yes?
Of course I did - and I appreciate the irony...

The backlash from closing the PPB is obvious in that thread - it turned into a PPBesque debate pretty darn quick. Yikes.
Sigh. It actually brought some new posters to the original LTE but they just questioned my ability to recognize irony. I knew I was taking a risk using the word. I just tried to explain it. I was asked. Sigh again. It's never the same when you have to explain it.
Irony and sarcasm should never be explained....you either get it or you don't
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 9th, 2009, 7:45 am

NASA has successfully crashed into the moon. There was an amusing exchange this morning between Flight and Science:

Image of moon from one of the spacecraft cameras comes up on their displays (filling the screen)

Flight: Wow, that’s a big moon Science!
Science: It is going to be getting a whole lot bigger Flight
Flight: Copy that Science!

Just cracked my geeky self up!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 9th, 2009, 7:46 am

CathyCA wrote:
I'm watching!
That was incredibly unexciting. I didn't see anything happen. Even the guy they interviewed said "I'm not quite sure what we saw there". Hopefully it looked cooler through someone's telescope.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 9th, 2009, 7:55 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
I'm watching!
That was incredibly unexciting. I didn't see anything happen. Even the guy they interviewed said "I'm not quite sure what we saw there". Hopefully it looked cooler through someone's telescope.
I have to agree! :-? Our tax dollars at work! I like the bugs bunny spin offs they were showing on NBC in fun! :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 9th, 2009, 7:56 am

windsor wrote:NASA has successfully crashed into the moon. There was an amusing exchange this morning between Flight and Science:

Image of moon from one of the spacecraft cameras comes up on their displays (filling the screen)

Flight: Wow, that’s a big moon Science!
Science: It is going to be getting a whole lot bigger Flight
Flight: Copy that Science!

Just cracked my geeky self up!
:)) :)) :)) I like that! I wish I would have heard it! :)) :)) :))