LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: What I like best about Crazietalk.Net

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 7th, 2009, 8:12 am

windsor wrote: If I were to disclose that alanmurray is actually new member 6thwoman he'd be pretty torqued at me for outing him.
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » October 7th, 2009, 8:26 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote: Let's just say that round about 3PM some days, you just *need* a latte, or you will fall asleep. (Doesn't help that a quarter of my coworkers have couches in their office.)
Good thing you don't work in Hollywood - those things would be casting couches! :D
Coding couches :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » October 7th, 2009, 9:34 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote: Let's just say that round about 3PM some days, you just *need* a latte, or you will fall asleep. (Doesn't help that a quarter of my coworkers have couches in their office.)
Good thing you don't work in Hollywood - those things would be casting couches! :D
Nah, they'd be therapists'.
sMiles
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 7th, 2009, 10:11 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Good morning people. (-| :coffee:
Good morning to you and everone awake. I didn't get up 'till 9:30.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 7th, 2009, 10:14 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Thank you for all the vibes. It is hard to process such a sudden death. I've learned more of the details of the accident - he was in a 1992 Dodge Colt and was hit head on by a 1 ton utility truck (dually) at highway speeds. Not a good combination.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: to everyone involved, and their families.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 7th, 2009, 10:35 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
windsor wrote: it is a wondering hmmmmm...can't join y'all - :(( :(( at least not this year - step daughter's wedding on 11/7 (and related events) has sucked up all available time!
Doesn't she know we are planning on beating the tarholes that day?

We made DukePA & one of her sisters plan their wedding date around Duke BB schedule :D Duke PA will verify. Shame on us. ;)
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 7th, 2009, 10:40 am

I have a phone call schedule in thirty mintues with the single biggest waste of breathable air in the company. She is a seagull.*

Somehow she got hold of modifications to an existing extract process that I wrote which is being QAed right now. She's now asking 47 stupid questions about why code is written a certain way...code that has been in production for over a year and actually WORKS. Must control fists of death...must not tell her 'the time to bring this crap up was int he design review meeting you were in 18 months ago 8itch'! The cherry on top is the way she thinks it ought to be done won't work, because we're using data out of a POS system that has been pushed beyond its functional design to do stuff it was never meant to do...it is hung together with duct tape and coat hangers. It is hoke. It is klugey...it isn't going to change anytime soon. As long as I'm hooking into hokey and klugey I have to do some things ass backwards. Live with it.

I feel better now. You may return to your PWing.

~x( ~x( ~x( ~x( ~x(
Oh...by the way:
* Seagull = a coworker who flies in out of nowhere, makes a lot of noise, craps all over everything and then flies away
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 7th, 2009, 10:42 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
windsor wrote: it is a wondering hmmmmm...can't join y'all - :(( :(( at least not this year - step daughter's wedding on 11/7 (and related events) has sucked up all available time!

We made DukePA & one of her sisters plan their wedding date around Duke BB schedule :D Duke PA will verify. Shame on us. ;)
You say that like it is a BAD thing. I would never schedule a wedding that conflicted with a BB game...neither will my daughter...unless she wants the mother of the bride in a back room watching a TV set.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 7th, 2009, 10:44 am

windsor wrote:I have a phone call schedule in thirty mintues with the single biggest waste of breathable air in the company. She is a seagull.*

Somehow she got hold of modifications to an existing extract process that I wrote which is being QAed right now. She's now asking 47 stupid questions about why code is written a certain way...code that has been in production for over a year and actually WORKS. Must control fists of death...must not tell her 'the time to bring this crap up was int he design review meeting you were in 18 months ago 8itch'! The cherry on top is the way she thinks it ought to be done won't work, because we're using data out of a POS system that has been pushed beyond its functional design to do stuff it was never meant to do...it is hung together with duct tape and coat hangers. It is hoke. It is klugey...it isn't going to change anytime soon. As long as I'm hooking into hokey and klugey I have to do some things ass backwards. Live with it.

~x( ~x( ~x( ~x( ~x(
Oh...by the way:
* Seagull = a coworker who flies in out of nowhere, makes a lot of noise, craps all over everything and then flies away
A preemptive shin kick is heading her way. (Seagulls - rats with feathers)
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 7th, 2009, 10:45 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:

There is a problem with that?
Life is good!
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » October 7th, 2009, 11:02 am

"I am the seagull."
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 7th, 2009, 11:02 am

Quick, what's it from?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 7th, 2009, 11:10 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
windsor wrote:I have a phone call schedule in thirty mintues with the single biggest waste of breathable air in the company. She is a seagull.*

~x( ~x( ~x( ~x( ~x(
Oh...by the way:
A preemptive shin kick is heading her way. (Seagulls - rats with feathers)
I often refer to them as rats with wings so I see you hold them in about as high regard as I do. ;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 7th, 2009, 11:11 am

Bostondevil wrote:"I am the seagull."
I am the walrus.

(Goo-goo ga jube-or however it's spelled :roll: )
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 7th, 2009, 11:18 am

Bostondevil wrote:"I am the seagull."
Chekov (the writer not the Star Fleet officer)
The Seagull
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 7th, 2009, 12:48 pm

windsor wins. It is said by Nina in her big final act crazy monologue (more than once for you purists). Nina's crazy monologue is better than Ophelia's. But Hamlet's death beats Konstantin Gavrilovich's by a county mile.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » October 7th, 2009, 12:52 pm

windsor wrote:
Alas, she grew up outside of my sphere of unfluence - she neither knows or cares about such things. She did show up at my home once on April 2nd I believe the year was 2001. An tried to cheer for Arizona. It was't pretty. We shall never speak of it again.
I'm surprised you still speak to HER! I have one rule when it comes to Duke basketball. If you want to watch a game in my house, you root for Duke. If you root for the other team, you will be asked to leave. It's happened.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » October 7th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Bostondevil wrote:windsor wins. It is said by Nina in her big final act crazy monologue (more than once for you purists). Nina's crazy monologue is better than Ophelia's. But Hamlet's death beats Konstantin Gavrilovich's by a county mile.

And I was going to go with Jonathan - as in Jonathan Livingston Seagull. ;)
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 7th, 2009, 1:24 pm

I never heard of this stuff, it sounds as fun as kudzu. Here is a short description from an article I found.

Rock Snot...coming to your home waters!

By the early 1990s, massive rock snot blooms were fouling cold, clear rocky mountain streams in western states such as Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado. It seemed to be a western problem until it fouled pristine fishing streams in New York, Vermont, Tennessee, Missouri and Virginia. The spread of this problem is caused by fishermen wo fail to sanitize their equipment.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 7th, 2009, 1:32 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:windsor wins. It is said by Nina in her big final act crazy monologue (more than once for you purists). Nina's crazy monologue is better than Ophelia's. But Hamlet's death beats Konstantin Gavrilovich's by a county mile.

And I was going to go with Jonathan - as in Jonathan Livingston Seagull. ;)
Jonathan wanted to be a hawk (or was it a falcon?) not a seagull. Good for him. Hawks are not rats with feathers (neither are falcons).

I like Chekhov - Anton and Pavel. 'Where do you keep the nuclear wessels' is classic, so is The Cherry Orchard.