LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by wilson » October 6th, 2009, 8:23 pm

925 pages today. I think there's something wrong with me.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » October 6th, 2009, 8:30 pm

wilson wrote:925 pages today. I think there's something wrong with me.
That would be 3 hours, roughly? I think you are like a 300 page/hr kind of guy! :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :-bd :Clap: So now tell me the summation of your 925 pages today? :-? (-| :-w :-w :-w :-w ;)
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 6th, 2009, 8:37 pm

cl15876 wrote:
That would be 3 hours, roughly? I think you are like a 300 page/hr kind of guy! :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :-bd :Clap: So now tell me the summation of your 925 pages today? :-? (-| :-w :-w :-w :-w ;)
I read one book about the role of religion in American public and political life from settlement to Revolution. This one essentially posited that religious institutions were centering, civic institutions in the seventeenth century and then in the eighteenth century, they became grounds for debate and the organization of specific groups, as society grew and became more cosmopolitan. In this regard, they allowed for greater individualism and more confident questioning of traditional social order. Ecclesiastical institutions can thus be said to have contributed to Revolutionary thinking and organization.
The other was Volume I of Charles Beard's The Rise of American Civilization. Very congratulatory of the American experience, it is essentially a sweeping trace of the progression from first colonial settlement through pre-Civil War sectional disputes. It privileges regional differences in culture, politics, and economy as a unique feature of American life and argues for individualism and personal property as the true core principles of original American "liberty." Volume II later this week.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 6th, 2009, 8:40 pm

wilson wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
I read one book about the role of religion in American public and political life from settlement to Revolution. This one essentially posited that religious institutions were centering, civic institutions in the seventeenth century and then in the eighteenth century, they became grounds for debate and the organization of specific groups, as society grew and became more cosmopolitan. In this regard, they allowed for greater individualism and more confident questioning of traditional social order. Ecclesiastical institutions can thus be said to have contributed to Revolutionary thinking and organization.
The other was Volume I of Charles Beard's The Rise of American Civilization. Very congratulatory of the American experience, it is essentially a sweeping trace of the progression from first colonial settlement through pre-Civil War sectional disputes. It privileges regional differences in culture, politics, and economy as a unique feature of American life and argues for individualism and personal property as the true core principles of original American "liberty." Volume II later this week.
Very interesting!!!! Great Summary! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: I've often been in secluded places and wondered what our ancestors would be doing without all of our modern conveniences! I think I've read that Vol 1, believe it or not! Thanks for sharing the cliff notes!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 6th, 2009, 8:42 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Vibe request:

My brother-in-law, sister, and two of their kids will be traveling from PA to KS tomorrow and returning on Friday. One of my BIL's brothers was killed in a car accident Sunday night/Monday am - car passing a vehicle traveling the opposite direction hit him head on. Vibes, prayers, etc. for their safe travel and comfort for the family would be appreciated.

Also, vibes, prayers, etc. for the driver of the other vehicle, who was not injured.

Thank you.
Vibes are coming for all involved. What a terrible situation.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » October 6th, 2009, 9:24 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Vibe request:

My brother-in-law, sister, and two of their kids will be traveling from PA to KS tomorrow and returning on Friday. One of my BIL's brothers was killed in a car accident Sunday night/Monday am - car passing a vehicle traveling the opposite direction hit him head on. Vibes, prayers, etc. for their safe travel and comfort for the family would be appreciated.

Also, vibes, prayers, etc. for the driver of the other vehicle, who was not injured.

Thank you.
Holy Frioli!!
(Late in reading up on some threads)

We're so vibin'!!!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 6th, 2009, 9:35 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
windsor wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Not much going on here today. Is everone @ work or sleeping (-| ?

I am at work..indulging in 'second breakfast' from the cafeteria...their potatoes are quite good today!
My cafeteria is the :BurgerKing: across the street.

Its ok for you to "have it your way". :))
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 6th, 2009, 10:06 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote: Its ok for you to "have it your way". :))
"My way or the highway" does not include the drivethru. :))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 6th, 2009, 10:15 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote: Its ok for you to "have it your way". :))
"My way or the highway" does not include the drivethru. :))
:lol: :lol: :lol: =)) =)) =))
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 6th, 2009, 10:40 pm

Thank you for all the vibes. It is hard to process such a sudden death. I've learned more of the details of the accident - he was in a 1992 Dodge Colt and was hit head on by a 1 ton utility truck (dually) at highway speeds. Not a good combination.
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 6th, 2009, 11:17 pm

(-| G'night, kids. i-)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 6th, 2009, 11:19 pm

wilson wrote:(-| G'night, kids. i-)
G'night Johnb....wait..we already have one of those..
G'night creepy stranger that crept into our house!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 6th, 2009, 11:21 pm

I'm being creepy too, g'night all. I had a good day today.(-|
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 6th, 2009, 11:37 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Thank you for all the vibes. It is hard to process such a sudden death. I've learned more of the details of the accident - he was in a 1992 Dodge Colt and was hit head on by a 1 ton utility truck (dually) at highway speeds. Not a good combination.
No, it isn't.

Vibes to all.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 6th, 2009, 11:39 pm

G' night all from the creepy stranger! :D
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » October 7th, 2009, 12:36 am

knights68 wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Not much going on here today. Is everyone @ work or sleeping (-| ?
It's cool and rainy/cloudy today. Do we HAVE to be at work? There should be some kind of law that during the work week (ESPECIALLY MONDAY's) when it is cool and rainy that folks need to stay home.

It is now lunchtime and to go out for lunch is only gonna make me sleepy(sleepier) and wanna curl up in my car and take a nap.

Anyone else have such an outlook today? :asleep:
Man, you wouldn't survive out here very long - cool and cloudy/rainy describes Seattle about 7 months out of the year. (Though so far, this fall has been particularly non-cloudy - very nice for a change.)

I really didn't understand why Seattlites were so into their espresso drinks until I moved out here. Let's just say that round about 3PM some days, you just *need* a latte, or you will fall asleep. (Doesn't help that a quarter of my coworkers have couches in their office.)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 7th, 2009, 7:02 am

Good morning people. (-| :coffee:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 7th, 2009, 7:58 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Good morning people. (-| :coffee:

Good Morning. Must have more :coffee: :coffee: made it to the office an hour ago...but it is one of those "I'm up...I'm dressed...what the hell else do you want from me" kind of days.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 7th, 2009, 7:59 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Thank you for all the vibes. It is hard to process such a sudden death. I've learned more of the details of the accident - he was in a 1992 Dodge Colt and was hit head on by a 1 ton utility truck (dually) at highway speeds. Not a good combination.
Wow. Not a good combination at all. The Colt didn't stand a chance. Sending vibes :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: that all the parties involved can find some comfort and some peace. :ymhug:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 7th, 2009, 8:01 am

DevilAlumna wrote: Let's just say that round about 3PM some days, you just *need* a latte, or you will fall asleep. (Doesn't help that a quarter of my coworkers have couches in their office.)
Good thing you don't work in Hollywood - those things would be casting couches! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com