Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by wilson » October 5th, 2009, 9:12 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
wilson wrote:
cl15876 wrote:Close Encounters :-q
Nahhhhh..boring as hell, but not worthy of The Flag.
You think Close Encounters is boring? I love it. Among my favorites.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 5th, 2009, 9:14 pm

wilson wrote:
colchar wrote:
wilson wrote:667 down, 152 to go.
Huh?
Pages. Finished 'em. 819 pages, 3 books today.

Holy shit!

I wish to God I could read anywhere near as quickly as that as my reading speed is much much slower. Also, I was never taught how to properly gut a history book so I tend to read more of them than I really need to. I know the routine is supposed to be to read the intro and conclusion, read the first few paragraphs and last few paragraphs of each chapter, and just read the first couple of sentences of the rest of the paragraphs but I can't do that without constantly thinking I might be missing something of value so I tend to read almost every word in each book.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 5th, 2009, 9:22 pm

wilson wrote:
colchar wrote:It sucks hearing from a friend who claims that it has been too long since you have visited them in London (it has been a whole 14 months since I was last there) and who urges you to hurry up and get back there when there is absolutely no way, short of winning the lottery, that you can go back before the spring. I was managing to avoid thinking about it too much but now I'm pining away again. Shitty. Oh well, what can you do eh?

Thanks for letting me vent/bitch/whine/moan/complain - I now return you to your regularly scheduled PWing...
And yeah, this kind of things suck. Lack of recognition for being a good friend is always disappointing.

I think she just forgot that I am stuck here because of school even though she did her MA at my school during the first year of my PhD. All she really said was that a visit was overdue and it was me who let my mind go and started feeling shitty that I can't go before spring. When I actually stopped and thought about it though (in other words, when I stopped being an idiot and feeling sorry for myself) it felt great that she missed me and wanted to see me again. She got married recently and I was out with her and some of her girlfriends in London the night she first met her husband and I haven't seen him since then so it will also be nice to see him again when I do manage to go back. Plus, she's a great drinking buddy as she can easily out drink most of the men I know.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 5th, 2009, 9:38 pm

wilson wrote:Study date with a pretty girl tomorrow.
Just call me Zack Morris.
Think they'll let me bring a couple of bean bag chairs to the coffee shop?
If you get all of the above, I want to know you better.
I got the Zack Morris part...I know about the first part, but bean bag chairs? Friends?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 5th, 2009, 9:40 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
I got the Zack Morris part...I know about the first part, but bean bag chairs? Friends?
I was just referring to the fact that Zack's study dates always seemed to involve the two bean bag chairs at the foot of his bed. Perhaps I should also hang an Australian flag on the inside of the door.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 5th, 2009, 9:51 pm

wilson wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
I was just referring to the fact that Zack's study dates always seemed to involve the two bean bag chairs at the foot of his bed. Perhaps I should also hang an Australian flag on the inside of the door.

That was the College Years stuff? I didn't catch too much of that if it was. I'd moved on.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 5th, 2009, 9:52 pm

Watching BIG BANG theory... "would YOU like a chocolate?" Why YES..... ;) :p
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 5th, 2009, 9:53 pm

cl15876 wrote:Watching BIG BANG theory... "would YOU like a chocolate?" Why YES..... ;) :p
I hear Tattoo sleeves have no needle pins or knives scraping your skin off and just are wonderful!!!! :D
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 5th, 2009, 9:54 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
wilson wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I got the Zack Morris part...I know about the first part, but bean bag chairs? Friends?

That was the College Years stuff? I didn't catch too much of that if it was. I'd moved on.
Nope, all of this was still in the Bayside years.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » October 5th, 2009, 9:58 pm

wilson wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
wilson wrote:"quote="YmoBeThere"" I got the Zack Morris part...I know about the first part, but bean bag chairs? Friends?"/quote"I was just referring to the fact that Zack's study dates always seemed to involve the two bean bag chairs at the foot of his bed. Perhaps I should also hang an Australian flag on the inside of the door.

Nope, all of this was still in the Bayside years.
Very Good, chocolate anyone? :D
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 5th, 2009, 10:10 pm

wilson wrote: Nope, all of this was still in the Bayside years.

Speaking of which, Tiffany Amber Thiessen is hot as hell.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 5th, 2009, 10:17 pm

cl15876 wrote:
wilson wrote:
colchar wrote:
Huh?
Pages. Finished 'em. 819 pages, 3 books today. Solid start to the week, especially considering that I managed to knock one out Sunday afternoon, too (the Falcons' bye week came at a great time...next Sunday's west coast, 4:30 game will also be helpful). Sipped the first half of the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot that Lavabe brought me with the final 152 pages, and now have the second half to enjoy while rotting my brain with some boob tube.
I may watch Red Dawn again. Or perhaps Aladdin. Close Encounters of the Third Kind, maybe?
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Sierra Nevada Bigfoot .... (haven't had that yet, but I've heard great things about it!!!!), Red Dawn ... great flick!!!!! Aladdin, not soo bad! Lil' Mermaid is the bomb!!!! I love Ariel! Close Encounters :-q Star Trek (any version) \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :p :tease: :-* :D ;)
I have some from 2005-2009, inclusive ;) :D.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 5th, 2009, 10:22 pm

cl15876 wrote:
cl15876 wrote:Close Encounters :-q
Hey now, are you calling me boring as hell???? ;)
Just remember, CB&B, this is the fella who brought bombers of Biere de Boucanier (or something like that ;) :D ) and Allagash Four to the 10/3 Brunchgate. Tread very lightly here :D .
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 5th, 2009, 11:42 pm

colchar wrote: Speaking of which, Tiffany Amber Thiessen is hot as hell.
Well, she used to be anyway...
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 5th, 2009, 11:54 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
colchar wrote: Speaking of which, Tiffany Amber Thiessen is hot as hell.
Well, she used to be anyway...

I'd say she still is:

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&so ... a=N&tab=wi
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 6th, 2009, 8:52 am

Not much going on here today. Is everone @ work or sleeping (-| ?
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 6th, 2009, 8:58 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Not much going on here today. Is everone @ work or sleeping (-| ?

I am at work..indulging in 'second breakfast' from the cafeteria...their potatoes are quite good today!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 6th, 2009, 11:20 am

windsor wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Not much going on here today. Is everone @ work or sleeping (-| ?

I am at work..indulging in 'second breakfast' from the cafeteria...their potatoes are quite good today!
My cafeteria is the :BurgerKing: across the street.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » October 6th, 2009, 11:56 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Not much going on here today. Is everyone @ work or sleeping (-| ?
It's cool and rainy/cloudy today. Do we HAVE to be at work? There should be some kind of law that during the work week (ESPECIALLY MONDAY's) when it is cool and rainy that folks need to stay home.

It is now lunchtime and to go out for lunch is only gonna make me sleepy(sleepier) and wanna curl up in my car and take a nap.

Anyone else have such an outlook today? :asleep:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 6th, 2009, 12:08 pm

windsor wrote:

My cafeteria is the :BurgerKing: across the street.
:)) =))