LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 4th, 2009, 11:13 am

Lavabe wrote:Oz,
If I avoid it, the sight of the custard in the freezer is going to torture me... that is, until ILJ takes it (LL doesn't eat the stuff).
If I pitch it, I wind up having to explain to ILJ that I threw it out... which makes her VERY mad.
So which way do I go?
Cheers,
Lavabe
So the custard is going to torture you like a pack of cigarettes tortures Windsor? Just keep walking by it, one day at a time. And why would ILJ get mad at you for making yourself more healthy? Somehow I doubt that.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 4th, 2009, 11:22 am

Lavabe wrote:So ILJ buys me a Culver's Pumpkin Frozen Custard. I LOVE pumpkin frozen custard. Given my cholesterol issues, I looked up the nutrition info on frozen custard and found out that the chocolate frozen custard has 88 mg of the stuff (29% of daily allowance). What should I do?

1) Eat it, and hope for the best
2) Avoid it, and don't ruin my efforts to reduce cholesterol in my diet
3) Pitch it, and say I ate it
4) Give it to Georgia the Wonderdog.

Somehow, the notion of eating frozen custard while having a big cholesterol count does NOT sound appealing to me.
Thanks,
Lavabe
How about 1 Tbs. a day? I don't do math so I don't have any idea how much cholesterol that would be. :))
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 4th, 2009, 11:34 am

I would have gone for a combo of #1 and #4.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 4th, 2009, 11:46 am

Lavabe wrote:So ILJ buys me a Culver's Pumpkin Frozen Custard. I LOVE pumpkin frozen custard. Given my cholesterol issues, I looked up the nutrition info on frozen custard and found out that the chocolate frozen custard has 88 mg of the stuff (29% of daily allowance). What should I do?

1) Eat it, and hope for the best
2) Avoid it, and don't ruin my efforts to reduce cholesterol in my diet
3) Pitch it, and say I ate it
4) Give it to Georgia the Wonderdog.

Somehow, the notion of eating frozen custard while having a big cholesterol count does NOT sound appealing to me.
Thanks,
Lavabe
1. Eat it and take an extra Zocor :roll: :)) =)) .
2. Eat it and limit your cholesterol intake for the remainder of the day/week.
3. Share it with the family.
4. Eat it and walk an extra 30-45 minutes that day.
I'd say save it but we won't be visiting in the near future to help you with your dilemma nor will it transport very well to NC when you come down on your visit this month or next month. :(( :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 4th, 2009, 12:34 pm

Lavabe wrote:WHAT are the St. Louis Blues doing with Paul Kariya?

Ooooh... this could be a fun NHL season! :D

Every NHL season is fun. They will be even more fun when we are finally rid of that asshole Bettman.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 4th, 2009, 12:37 pm

Lavabe wrote:Will Ryan Bourque play in the NHL this year?

No chance. A third rounder can't make the jump that quickly. As far as I know he has been sent back to Junior.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 4th, 2009, 12:38 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:

What's the NHL?

Oh please...
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » October 4th, 2009, 1:06 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm attempting to drink a glass of wine from a bottle that someone gave me as a gift. It's a Rieseling from a winery in Texas. Unfortunately it's nasty. Blech! Wilson would probalby say it's fitting that I'm drinking this wine in celebration of the Hogs' victory of the Aggies.
Errr..... Riesling grapes need a cool climate to grown in. Riesling from Texas ... does not compute.
-- DukeUsul
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » October 4th, 2009, 1:08 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Oh, the ballet was Giselle, not my favorite. Even in the forgiving world of ballet plots, Giselle's is ridiculous. But it was danced extremely well.
Ballets have plots? Who knew? I learn something new every day.
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 4th, 2009, 1:31 pm

colchar wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:

What's the NHL?

Oh please...
I think he was kidding... ;) :D
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 4th, 2009, 1:31 pm

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Still no pumpkin ale in the stores here , but we DO have the #15, Scotch Ale, and summer ale.

DEFINITELY hold onto the Wheach. We haven't figured out when to pass by St. Louis, as Legacy Lady has an upcoming tonsilectomy. We'll figure out something.
The Wheach is there and it's yours. Are you interested in O'Fallon and/or Schlafly Pumpkin Ale? Sounds like devildeac is interested in your being interested. :D Haven't gotten either yet and am intrigued with trying them. Will the Schlafly's show up in your neck of the woods?
I'm not into the OFallon pumpkin. I don't know if the Schlafly pumpkin will come here, but I assume it will. I mean, we have the Scotch Ale.

You should DEFINITELY try the Schlafly Pumpkin.

And of course, I DEFINITELY appreciate the Wheach that you have for me.

How's the Nikon holding up? Creve Coeur Camera?
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Vibes to Legacy Lady for the upcoming tonsillectomy!

If there's any of the leftover Schlafly Pumpkin Ale, I'll save it to send back with you for the brunchgate gang.

The Nikon D90 rocks, as does Creve Coeur Camera. I had a couple of shots enlarged to hang on the wall (pink water lily, the one with the sunlight reflecting on the lily pads, and the best of the butterfly shots from the aperture priority group). They did a nice job with them - even cropped the water lily shot to get rid of some stray flower petals at the edge of the shot. I took a camera class there as well, one specific for the D90, and would like to take their Intro to DSLR class. I need to go out and take more shots. I think the zoo would be a fun place to take pictures.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 4th, 2009, 1:34 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm attempting to drink a glass of wine from a bottle that someone gave me as a gift. It's a Rieseling from a winery in Texas. Unfortunately it's nasty. Blech! Wilson would probalby say it's fitting that I'm drinking this wine in celebration of the Hogs' victory of the Aggies.
Errr..... Riesling grapes need a cool climate to grown in. Riesling from Texas ... does not compute.
I have tasted a couple of the rieslings auf Deutschland that I have bought for my wife and enjoyed them. Do any good ones originate from Oregon or Washington state?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 4th, 2009, 1:35 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
That explains a lot. I can't put my finger on what the problem is, but the Rieseling from Texas just doesn't taste right.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » October 4th, 2009, 2:11 pm

devildeac wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
I have tasted a couple of the rieslings auf Deutschland that I have bought for my wife and enjoyed them. Do any good ones originate from Oregon or Washington state?
Chateau Ste. Michelle has a very tasty, and widely available, reisling. Oregon is more known for its outstanding pinot noirs.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » October 4th, 2009, 2:14 pm

devildeac wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
You will find Rieslings from NorCal and Oregon and Washington. One area they are also heavily produced is the finger lakes of NY and the Niagara area. I'm not big into Riesling or other sweet or off dry wines, so I couldn't make a recommendation.
-- DukeUsul
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » October 4th, 2009, 2:16 pm

Found a NY Times review of some US Rieslings from the Pac NW, Cali and NY.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/30/dinin ... 0wine.html
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 4th, 2009, 2:32 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Found a NY Times review of some US Rieslings from the Pac NW, Cali and NY.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/30/dinin ... 0wine.html
Highly educational and interesting read. Thanks for finding that! I wonder what some of us wine dummies would think about those wines. ;) :D
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 4th, 2009, 4:39 pm

devildeac wrote:
colchar wrote:
Oh please...

I knew he was. So was I.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 4th, 2009, 6:57 pm

colchar wrote:
devildeac wrote:
colchar wrote:
Oh please...

I knew he was. So was I.
I was? :)) The NHL, the CART/IRL of non-motor sports.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 4th, 2009, 6:59 pm

Random sports note:

A-Rod gets two home runs and 7 RBI's in the last game of the season to extend his streak of 30 HR, 100 RBI seasons to 12.