NASCAR 2009

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: NASCAR 2009

Post by Lavabe » September 27th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Bad crash on lap 30 or so. Bobby Labonte tapped JFL who was coming up from the rear. JFL bumped Smoke, but then started a swerve up the track, crashing with Robby Gordon, MT Jr., and Reed Sorenson.

No injuries. But MAN... JFL did more flips than Carl Edwards did earlier this year at 'Dega.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 27th, 2009, 3:50 pm

Lavabe wrote:Bad crash on lap 30 or so. Bobby Labonte tapped JFL who was coming up from the rear. JFL bumped Smoke, but then started a swerve up the track, crashing with Robby Gordon, MT Jr., and Reed Sorenson.

No injuries. But MAN... JFL did more flips than Carl Edwards did earlier this year at 'Dega.
JFL is out of the race. Back on the track some 86 laps down is MT Jr. Reed & Robby have yet to come back out.

135 laps done, and it's Kurt, JJ, JPM, MM, and Kyle. Good lead by Newman for a while. Biff's been running well too.
Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 27th, 2009, 4:54 pm

133 laps to go, and JJ is running away with this. Gordon, Kurt, Juan, and MM finish the top 5. Smoke slowly is moving up.

Kyle hit the wall, and is now laps down. MTx Jr is 130+ laps down. Reed has come back on the track.

Biffle is having a mediocre run. Newman was doing well, but is fading. Hornish is 2 laps down at something like 25th or so. Dinger and Ambrose are racing well.

Cheers,
Lavabe
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 27th, 2009, 6:59 pm

Well, I didn't win this week, but I made up a chunk of points on Ymo. He still holds a massive lead on me.

Congrats to BIDING MY TIME on this week's win!! :-bd
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 27th, 2009, 7:24 pm

Lavabe wrote:133 laps to go, and JJ is running away with this. Gordon, Kurt, Juan, and MM finish the top 5. Smoke slowly is moving up.

Kyle hit the wall, and is now laps down. MTx Jr is 130+ laps down. Reed has come back on the track.

Biffle is having a mediocre run. Newman was doing well, but is fading. Hornish is 2 laps down at something like 25th or so. Dinger and Ambrose are racing well.

Cheers,
Lavabe
I forgot to mention about two weeks ago (time is just zipping by), as I was contemplating my 2,000 post milestone, I happened to be driving up I-95 heading to work and low and behold the Hendrick Motorsports 18 wheeler convoy was in full glory, I suspect heading up to New Hampshire. I might get this wrong so be gentle with me, (johnson#48(Lowes), Dalejr#88 (National Guard), possibly gordon#24 (DuPont) truck), and what was amazing was the DaleSr#3 truck was also in following along. I have seen the DaleJr truck before, but to see all of these guys in the convoy was truly incredible!!!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :-bd

Go Mark Martin!!!!!! :D
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 27th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Wow, I really sucked the hind teat this weekend didn't I?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 27th, 2009, 7:45 pm

colchar wrote:Wow, I really sucked the hind teat this weekend didn't I?
Reverting once in a while is not a bad thing! ;) :D How bad did you do? Please share..... :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: 8-}
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 27th, 2009, 8:03 pm

Bad race for me also...
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 27th, 2009, 8:47 pm

cl15876 wrote:
Reverting once in a while is not a bad thing! ;) :D How bad did you do? Please share..... :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: 8-}

I only earned 152 measly points this week.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 27th, 2009, 8:52 pm

colchar wrote:
cl15876 wrote:

Did you crash and burn on the wall? Did you crash because of suckie picks? Did you crash and burn because of the night before? Was it that blonde, brunette, redhead (sorry Windsor's daughter) that distracted you on the 3rd turn and woops?, please Xsplain!!!!! /:) 8-| :-? #-o [-x :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j :D ;)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 27th, 2009, 9:21 pm

cl15876 wrote:
colchar wrote:
cl15876 wrote:Reverting once in a while is not a bad thing! ;) :D How bad did you do? Please share..... :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: 8-}

Did you crash and burn on the wall? Did you crash because of suckie picks? Did you crash and burn because of the night before? Was it that blonde, brunette, redhead (sorry Windsor's daughter) that distracted you on the 3rd turn and woops?, please Xsplain!!!!! /:) 8-| :-? #-o [-x :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j :D ;)
He may have crashed and burned, but I had one of those weeks a couple or three weeks ago (Atlanta Speedway). It happens to all of us. Well, all of us who chose to play in the league.

If Bones doesn't play next year, his name will be mud. :ymdevil:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 27th, 2009, 9:30 pm

Lavabe wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
colchar wrote:"quote="cl15876""Reverting once in a while is not a bad thing! ;) :D How bad did you do? Please share..... :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: 8-}"/quote"

He may have crashed and burned, but I had one of those weeks a couple or three weeks ago (Atlanta Speedway). It happens to all of us. Well, all of us who chose to play in the league.

If Bones doesn't play next year, his name will be mud. :ymdevil:
I'll be there, YMO invited me but I was too stupid to figure it all out..... I need LOTS of HELP!!!! Go Mark Martin and Stewie boy!!! 8-} :-? #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 27th, 2009, 9:31 pm

OR is that the STEW MAN!!!! :ymblushing: :D :p
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 28th, 2009, 8:27 am

cl15876 wrote:OR is that the STEW MAN!!!! :ymblushing: :D :p
Smoke.

Just Smoke.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 28th, 2009, 11:21 am

Next up... Kansas City and the Price Chopper 400.

Okay... is everybody putting Mark Martin in their selections? :-bd
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 28th, 2009, 12:48 pm

cl15876 wrote:

I sucked because, once again, I forgot to submit my picks and could only use drivers I had picked last week. I'll try to stay on top of things from now on.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 29th, 2009, 7:23 am

colchar wrote:I sucked because, once again, I forgot to submit my picks and could only use drivers I had picked last week. I'll try to stay on top of things from now on.
Just make some picks for each of the races left in the season, so that it doesn't happen again.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 2nd, 2009, 1:42 pm

Lavabe wrote:
colchar wrote:I sucked because, once again, I forgot to submit my picks and could only use drivers I had picked last week. I'll try to stay on top of things from now on.
Just make some picks for each of the races left in the season, so that it doesn't happen again.

I didn't realize I could make picks now for future races. Mine are in for this week though - for a change I didn't forget!
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » October 2nd, 2009, 3:06 pm

Lavabe wrote:Next up... Kansas City and the Price Chopper 400.

I sure am! I have a few more picks for 'ol boy and 1 for JJ.
Being second/third place for the Fall series and fifth overall, I gotta step things up and I think MM is going to give me some big jumps in the next two or three races
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 2nd, 2009, 9:05 pm

knights68 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Next up... Kansas City and the Price Chopper 400.

I sure am! I have a few more picks for 'ol boy and 1 for JJ.
Being second/third place for the Fall series and fifth overall, I gotta step things up and I think MM is going to give me some big jumps in the next two or three races

IIRC, I took Martin this week as well.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------