LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » September 14th, 2009, 8:59 pm

devildeac wrote:I am REALLY glad Mrs. DD does not read/post here for fear of a couple stories she'd tell on/about me... :oops: :oops:
Then again, ILJ probably knows those stories, and can post here. :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 14th, 2009, 9:05 pm

I'm still shaking my head...
Shrimp scampi? :-o :-o :-o
The anesthesiologist said you have a great anatomy?? :-o :-o :-o
He went out for a jog? :-o :-o
Wow... just wow! ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » September 14th, 2009, 10:04 pm

My Dad happens to be an OBGYN, so I'm sure he has some great stories -- of course he rarely tells me about them. One time though, the lady that was in labor BIT him. With her teeth. So, my Dad being my Dad, he claims he slapped her, although he hasn't ever been sued, so I'm not sure that's completely true.
Class of 2014
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2009, 10:05 pm

captmojo wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
You're not kidding. It took 3 different nurses to get the IV started with the birth of my first kid. And each nurse got two tries at getting the IV inserted in my arm.
...and then, before the epidural, were you like the First Mate, threatening to hurl the IV bottle at the nurse? :ymdevil: x_x :-ss b-(
No, I threatened to hurt my then-husband, who was chatting away with my mom and the nurse and ignoring my pleas for an epidural.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » September 14th, 2009, 10:06 pm

And we lost 0 - 2 to White Oak tonight. We actually played decent, but just couldn't finish. Two of our defenders are sick, so I played the ENTIRE game at Sweeper, a position I rarely play for more than a few minutes to give our starting Sweeper a break. I'm normally an outside defender, but our coach complimented our defense (compliments about anything are few and far between for him) so that was good. :)
Class of 2014
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2009, 10:09 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:The other piece of advice I have for expectant fathers. When the mother-of-baby's water breaks, don't go out for a jog. I'm just sayin'.
Another piece of advice from this F-O-B..... don't take your shoes off to take a nap while your wife is laboring. You never know how fast things will go....flying.... once you wake up.
I would go on to add that it's probably not a good idea to take a nap while your wife is laboring.

Nor is it a good idea to tell your wife that you think the chair that turns into a cot for the father to sleep on is uncomfortable.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 14th, 2009, 10:10 pm

CathyCA wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:The other piece of advice I have for expectant fathers. When the mother-of-baby's water breaks, don't go out for a jog. I'm just sayin'.
Another piece of advice from this F-O-B..... don't take your shoes off to take a nap while your wife is laboring. You never know how fast things will go....flying.... once you wake up.
I would go on to add that it's probably not a good idea to take a nap while your wife is laboring.

Nor is it a good idea to tell your wife that you think the chair that turns into a cot for the father to sleep on is uncomfortable.
I was wondering about all of the above. But, never having birthed a baby, I have no room to speak.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » September 14th, 2009, 10:15 pm

CathyCA wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:

LOL. We both slept. I was with her the whole time she was waiting for the epidural. Once the drugs were on, around 3 am, we both passed out. She was at 3 cm. We BOTH SLEPT thank you! :D About 6 am the nurses came in, woke us both up, said woo! 10 cm, time to push! Bout 8 hrs total labor, with 3 of them sleeping!
-- DukeUsul
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 14th, 2009, 10:28 pm

Like Tilly, I've never birthed a baby. Don't remember the character in Gone with the Wind - I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies."

Given that caveat - my advice to FOBs is the first they say when they get to the hospital with the wonderful woman about to give birth to their child - She wants an epidural. The other piece of advice for after the baby is born - let the mother answer the question when people start asking if the baby has slept through the night. I can still picture my sister's face when someone would ask this question and her husband would say yes and she would correct him with the two times she got up during the night.
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 14th, 2009, 10:39 pm

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:I am REALLY glad Mrs. DD does not read/post here for fear of a couple stories she'd tell on/about me... :oops: :oops:
Then again, ILJ probably knows those stories, and can post here. :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
I wonder how she'd like sleeping on the deck over the holidays... :roll: :ymdevil:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 14th, 2009, 10:49 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I am VERY tired. Spent the day rearranging my living room. Didn't like it initially, so tried flipping the LR and DR. Liked it even less and moved the furniture back. Ordered Papa John's for supper - too tired to cook.
Congratulations on taking all day to make everything look like it did this morning. =))
It's not exactly like it was this morning. It's back in the 2nd arrangement. I moved my entertainment center, sofa, love seat, and recliner. Didn't like the configuration and tried the sofa and love seat in the dining room. That's as far as I needed to get to see that the room flip wasn't going to work. I found a way to make the rearranged living room work. The entertainment center was originally adjacent to the fireplace; now it's on the opposite wall. I still don't exactly like the placement of my sofa, love seat, and recliner. I'll have to work on that some more.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 14th, 2009, 10:52 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I am VERY tired. Spent the day rearranging my living room. Didn't like it initially, so tried flipping the LR and DR. Liked it even less and moved the furniture back. Ordered Papa John's for supper - too tired to cook.
Congratulations on taking all day to make everything look like it did this morning. =))
It's not exactly like it was this morning. It's back in the 2nd arrangement. I moved my entertainment center, sofa, love seat, and recliner. Didn't like the configuration and tried the sofa and love seat in the dining room. That's as far as I needed to get to see that the room flip wasn't going to work. I found a way to make the rearranged living room work. The entertainment center was originally adjacent to the fireplace; now it's on the opposite wall. I still don't exactly like the placement of my sofa, love seat, and recliner. I'll have to work on that some more.
:? :-o

Linky, please...

:)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » September 14th, 2009, 10:58 pm

Bed time... i-) i-) i-)
Class of 2014
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 14th, 2009, 11:52 pm

Am watching Conan O'Brien right now. He's really not very funny.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 15th, 2009, 7:32 am

I decided to take a Zumba class last night. All lthis being able to breath again must have gone to my head. I felt great after class...but his morning. Ow. :(( Just Ow. :(( Everything hurts. What the hell was I thinking?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » September 15th, 2009, 9:10 am

DukeUsul wrote:LOL. We both slept. I was with her the whole time she was waiting for the epidural. Once the drugs were on, around 3 am, we both passed out. She was at 3 cm. We BOTH SLEPT thank you! :D About 6 am the nurses came in, woke us both up, said woo! 10 cm, time to push! Bout 8 hrs total labor, with 3 of them sleeping!
I hate you both. X(

just kidding. :ymhug:

Andrew - 25 1/2 hours
Jack, very civilized, - 12 hours
Tommy - 16 hours (weighed 10 lbs. 9 oz. at birth, I should post THAT story sometime)
Ronnie - scheduled C-section - see above baby weight

I'm glad the only C was the last one. Not my preferred method of travel. It's like an airline flight, cramped, uncomfortable, unpleasant, and claustrophobic with one small advantage, if things go right, it doesn't last as long.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » September 15th, 2009, 9:18 am

Bostondevil wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:LOL. We both slept. I was with her the whole time she was waiting for the epidural. Once the drugs were on, around 3 am, we both passed out. She was at 3 cm. We BOTH SLEPT thank you! :D About 6 am the nurses came in, woke us both up, said woo! 10 cm, time to push! Bout 8 hrs total labor, with 3 of them sleeping!
I hate you both. X(

Andrew - 25 1/2 hours
Tommy - 16 hours (weighed 10 lbs. 9 oz. at birth, I should post THAT story sometime)

I'm glad the only C was the last one. Not my preferred method of travel. It's like an airline flight, cramped, uncomfortable, unpleasant, and claustrophobic with one small advantage, if things go right, it doesn't last as long.
Now we have to worry when it's time for the second one. You know how the first is supposed to take the longest (yes, apparently you're quite familiar with that). So we had 8 hrs with 20 minutes of pushing. How quickly is the second one going to come? We're going to have to go to the hospital with the second one at the first sign of contraction.
-- DukeUsul
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 15th, 2009, 9:48 am

Bostondevil wrote:
I hate you both. X(

Andrew - 25 1/2 hours

I was 9 lbs., 12 oz., but I was 25 inches long (my mom was only 5' tall). I was the longest baby ever born in that hospital. The funny thing is that the heaviest baby ever born in that hospital came the same night, a girl that came in at 12 lbs. My mom finally had a c-section after 18 hours of labor. The doctor wanted to put her to sleep and start again in the morning. She threw a fit, so he did the c-section. My head measured 15 inches. If you do the math, there was NO way my head was gonna fit through there.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 15th, 2009, 9:53 am

I arrived at the hospital with a dull back ache at 7:30 am. WindorsDaughter arrived at 7:52 am, 3 lbs 6 oz, 17" and 4 weeks early.

I can't complain. :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 15th, 2009, 10:21 am

DukeUsul wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:
I hate you both. X(

Andrew - 25 1/2 hours

Now we have to worry when it's time for the second one. You know how the first is supposed to take the longest (yes, apparently you're quite familiar with that). So we had 8 hrs with 20 minutes of pushing. How quickly is the second one going to come? We're going to have to go to the hospital with the second one at the first sign of contraction.

The second was totally different from the first one.

First: 42 weeks, water broke, no contractions or baby activity, pitocin-induced labor, baby born 12 hours later with 2 pushes: 9 lbs., 11 oz.
Second: 38 weeks, labor induced due to maternal gestational diabetes, baby born 14 hours later via vacuum extractor because of bradycardia caused by a true knot in the umbilical cord: 8 lbs.

My bigger baby is my skinny kid. My smaller baby is my chunky kid.

~ James Naismith