LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » September 13th, 2009, 7:05 am

colchar wrote:I've come to the conclusion that Vince the Slap Chop guy has to go - preferably forever.
Maybe he's the next celeb to go for 2009...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 13th, 2009, 8:24 am

colchar wrote:I've come to the conclusion that Vince the Slap Chop guy has to go - preferably forever.
Slap Chop?!?!?!!

He's Mr. ShamWow, thank you very much. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 13th, 2009, 9:30 am

Don't like his nuts?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 13th, 2009, 10:16 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Don't like his nuts?
I thought of that but chose not to post... :oops: :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 13th, 2009, 10:18 am

I was hoping when Billy Mays died we'd seen the last of hime. We haven't. I'm sorry for his family's loss, but I'm not sorry he won't be making any more commercials.
I worship the Blue Devil!
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 13th, 2009, 2:44 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
I was hoping when Billy Mays died we'd seen the last of hime. We haven't. I'm sorry for his family's loss, but I'm not sorry he won't be making any more commercials.
There are enough in the vault to keep him fresh for some time.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 13th, 2009, 6:55 pm

Wow, what happened to this thread? :))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 13th, 2009, 7:08 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DukeUsul wrote: I learned it's a terrible idea to go out drinking like that with people who you don't know and who don't care about you.
Then it can't be your worst decision. You learned from it. The worst ones are the ones you repeat.
Good point!!!! i like that!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 13th, 2009, 7:11 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Wow, what happened to this thread? :))
I spent the day at church and then at the final stage of the Tour of Missouri. Now I'm at the office for a few hours, so not much posting from me.

What a great day!
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 13th, 2009, 7:18 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I have a one day seminar for my MBA program tomorrow on individual decision making. As an assignment, I have to write a couple pages on the best and worst decisions I've ever made and be prepared to talk about them for a couple minutes in class.

Ugh! Tell me how easy it would be for you to even come up with your best and worst decisions. And they have to be ones you are willing to bring up in class! My first thought on best decision was going to Duke. But this is an NC State MBA class and I don't want to be that snobby, elitist Duke alum prick. I've been thinking about it all day. It took forever, but I think I'm going with deciding (almost on a whim at first) to pick up a minor in computer science in addition to my physics major. It's set up what turned out to be a pretty good career for me.

Now for my worst decision. Ugh!
I hear ya! "Who moved my cheese" is a great series to get you thinking about a number of things in work, life, etc..... both positive and negative! I did a solo assignment on this for my Graduate studies and reflected on a number of things and was surprisingly inspired by the number of colleagues that came up to me afterwards and expressed their appreciation for what I had said as it got them to look at situations a lot differently. Just a thought... don't limit yourself to your academic choices as life has presented you many choices along the way and you've done well (no doubt most of the time), but I'm sure as we all have experienced by picking door #1, there are those times we would like to have taken door #2 or #3!!! Best of luck to you with your presentation as I am sure you will do great!!!!! Can't wait to hear how it turns out! :-bd Sending Vibes and prayers for your success tomorrow from VA!!!! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 13th, 2009, 7:20 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Now for my worst decision. Ugh!
That's easy. Not attending any Brunchgates last year.
Nice. No guilt there!

One option for worst decision was my 21st birthday. I was at a summer research program at UConn with students from all over. They took me out. Plied me with more alcohol than I've ever had. Puked more than I ever had. Spent two days in bed with serious alcohol poisoning. I learned it's a terrible idea to go out drinking like that with people who you don't know and who don't care about you.
I hated it when all those non-caring people tied me down and made me drink all that alcohol!!!! :-o :-o :-o :roll: ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 13th, 2009, 7:25 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Has anyone ever watched Navy Seals Training on the Military Channel? What these guys go through during the class, especially Hell Week, is truly amazing. ....
Yes, I've seen it a few times and work with some of those crazies! Pretty amazing stuff that goes into that conditioning in preparation to protect all of US from harms way! Those guys are nuts, but we ALL have a place when it comes to providing protection for our fellow citizens and our loved ones!!!!! **== **== **==
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 13th, 2009, 7:28 pm

wilson wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:So that's where Webster went.
I was in an elevator with Webster last Thursday night.
True story.
Very Cool! Did you ask for an autograph? I am wondering what your conversation consisted of? :-? :-? Please share the details.....
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 13th, 2009, 7:32 pm

wilson wrote:
CellR wrote:Oh, and wish me luck on the ACT tomorrow -- for the second time. I have taken WAY too many standardized tests. 1 (about to be 2) ACT's, 2 Subject Tests (U.S. History and Math II), and like 5, or maybe 6 SAT's in my life, counting the 7th grade Duke TIP one. Oh, and two AP tests that I forgot about (English + Composition, APUSH), although I will take three more this year.
This is my last college placement standardized test, finally. I haven't studied at all, so I'm a little worried about the math, but I did well on the math last time and I'm pretty sure colleges take the highest score in a section from any of your tests. Luckily.
Vibes. Seems like you oughtta be able to handle it just fine by now.
A little late as I was out of town at the river house and didn't have connectivity (and forgot to share before leaving), but how did the test go? Sorry if I haven't read far enough forward yet!!! :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: Vibes from VA also as you wait for the results that all the questionable problems/answers prove to have been the correct instinct and unrealized/uncertain foundation of knowledge that has been drilled into you all these years! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 13th, 2009, 7:38 pm

colchar wrote:Is it wrong that I am home on a Friday night working on my dissertation as opposed to being in a bar drinking?

Is it wrong that I am currently listening to Meatloaf?

Which of these is more wrong?
Neither!!!!! I think your Friday night was well invested with your time and ears and hopefully you bulldozed through any road blocks and achieved much success towards your goal!!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 13th, 2009, 7:45 pm

CellR wrote:It seems that Ozzie has passed Cathy. :D
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o What? :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o She was doing so well and then went out of town for prior commitments! OMG!!!! :-o :-o :-o :-o
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 13th, 2009, 7:47 pm

wilson wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:So that's where Webster went.
I was in an elevator with Webster last Thursday night.
True story.
I missed this post, that's funny as hell. Did you go for the ultimate Emanuel Lewis pissoff and ask "what you talkin' 'bout Willis"? =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 13th, 2009, 7:49 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:8 to 9 hour drive to Nashville, TN on Sunday. No PWing (nor golf) for me!
Drive safe Oz! Good luck on your training!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 13th, 2009, 7:50 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:8 to 9 hour drive to Nashville, TN on Sunday. No PWing (nor golf) for me!
I lived in Nashville for 4 years.
Besides Country music, WHY?
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 13th, 2009, 7:51 pm

clBunchofNumbers still going strong...