LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » September 11th, 2009, 6:34 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Colonoscopy today: No polyps, no signs of colon cancer, no signs of prostate cancer, no hemorrhoids, no parasites. I have a clean system. I'm good for 10 years. Just a little groggy now.
To answer the upcoming devildeac question: my 12 hours after the procedure occurs at 10PM. Will have a Schlafly's! :-bd
Outstanding. :-bd
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 11th, 2009, 6:35 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Colonoscopy today: No polyps, no signs of colon cancer, no signs of prostate cancer, no hemorrhoids, no parasites. I have a clean system. I'm good for 10 years. Just a little groggy now.
Welcome to the club. We are all perfect ass holes! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
We most certainly are NOT! Some of us are still working on it. :)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 11th, 2009, 6:37 pm

windsor wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
windsor wrote:I don't know about my colon....but I 'passed' by stress test - why I am not shocked (pun intended) that I have been found to be electrically abnormal?
Congrats, Windsor!! Two health checks passed in one day!!

And the Chantix solution is still working with you, right? What did the doctor say about that?
Chantix is working great for me - my years of smoking is actually the reason they decided to the stress test and echocardiogram - I have NO risk factors for any kind of heart disease except having been a long time smoker..the issue on the original EKG was 'just outside the range of normal variations' (RBB if DD is playing along at home :D ) but 30 years of smokin' - they decided to check (my lungs are much better already - although no marathons in my future)

Drs are both happy - Dr. Cardiologist thinks I have one of the healthiest hearts he has seen in a long time - but pointed out that at 50 I am practically pediatric in his practice. 50...Pediatric. gotta love it.

My primary care MD actually told me 'I should have skipped cigarettes and stuck with dope' Really. He. Did.
My lung would probably be better (how much can you really smoke in one day??) but I'd probably have an obesity issue :D

I feel like I've dodge a bullet - 30 years of smoking and I might actually have gotten away clean - without something that will kill me one day. Wow.
Great news.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » September 11th, 2009, 9:34 pm

I have a one day seminar for my MBA program tomorrow on individual decision making. As an assignment, I have to write a couple pages on the best and worst decisions I've ever made and be prepared to talk about them for a couple minutes in class.

Ugh! Tell me how easy it would be for you to even come up with your best and worst decisions. And they have to be ones you are willing to bring up in class! My first thought on best decision was going to Duke. But this is an NC State MBA class and I don't want to be that snobby, elitist Duke alum prick. I've been thinking about it all day. It took forever, but I think I'm going with deciding (almost on a whim at first) to pick up a minor in computer science in addition to my physics major. It's set up what turned out to be a pretty good career for me.

Now for my worst decision. Ugh!
-- DukeUsul
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 11th, 2009, 9:36 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Now for my worst decision. Ugh!
That's easy. Not attending any Brunchgates last year.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 11th, 2009, 9:38 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I have a one day seminar for my MBA program tomorrow on individual decision making. As an assignment, I have to write a couple pages on the best and worst decisions I've ever made and be prepared to talk about them for a couple minutes in class.

Ugh! Tell me how easy it would be for you to even come up with your best and worst decisions. And they have to be ones you are willing to bring up in class! My first thought on best decision was going to Duke. But this is an NC State MBA class and I don't want to be that snobby, elitist Duke alum prick. I've been thinking about it all day. It took forever, but I think I'm going with deciding (almost on a whim at first) to pick up a minor in computer science in addition to my physics major. It's set up what turned out to be a pretty good career for me.

Now for my worst decision. Ugh!
That sounds like a way fun assignment. Fessing up to the class will be a drag, but I'm guessing there will be lots of laughter tomorrow. Good luck, report back!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 11th, 2009, 9:39 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
:D :D :D Well said!
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » September 11th, 2009, 9:45 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Nice. No guilt there!

One option for worst decision was my 21st birthday. I was at a summer research program at UConn with students from all over. They took me out. Plied me with more alcohol than I've ever had. Puked more than I ever had. Spent two days in bed with serious alcohol poisoning. I learned it's a terrible idea to go out drinking like that with people who you don't know and who don't care about you.
-- DukeUsul
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 11th, 2009, 9:47 pm

DukeUsul wrote: I learned it's a terrible idea to go out drinking like that with people who you don't know and who don't care about you.
Then it can't be your worst decision. You learned from it. The worst ones are the ones you repeat.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » September 11th, 2009, 9:48 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DukeUsul wrote: I learned it's a terrible idea to go out drinking like that with people who you don't know and who don't care about you.
Then it can't be your worst decision. You learned from it. The worst ones are the ones you repeat.
True. The assignment clearly says: worst decision == worst outcome

Hmmmm
-- DukeUsul
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 11th, 2009, 9:57 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: I didn't see anything other than the word "avatar" where CellR's avatar should have been. Colchar has a blue box with a white X in it as his avatar.

That is the St. Andrew's Cross - Scotland's flag (the Lion Rampant is Scotland's royal flag).
Last edited by colchar on September 11th, 2009, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 11th, 2009, 9:58 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Has anyone ever watched Navy Seals Training on the Military Channel? What these guys go through during the class, especially Hell Week, is truly amazing. I didn't realize you could go through more than once. Class 234 has a person who is trying for the third time.

You should see what the British SAS go through.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 11th, 2009, 9:59 pm

windsor wrote:
devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:With a generous amount of PW-ing today, I might be able to get my % of total posts up to 10% of the CT total...
Must be a disease...

Probably a 12 step program somewhere to help you with that

When you find it be sure to give the rest of us the details...
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » September 11th, 2009, 10:28 pm

colchar wrote:
windsor wrote: Probably a 12 step program somewhere to help you with that

When you find it be sure to give the rest of us the details...
Not that most of us will actually use it...
Class of 2014
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 11th, 2009, 10:36 pm

Congratulations!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » September 11th, 2009, 10:38 pm

Quick Question: Do the "over yonder" mods know about CTN???
Class of 2014
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 11th, 2009, 10:40 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:So that's where Webster went.
I was in an elevator with Webster last Thursday night.
True story.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » September 11th, 2009, 10:41 pm

Oh, and wish me luck on the ACT tomorrow -- for the second time. I have taken WAY too many standardized tests. 1 (about to be 2) ACT's, 2 Subject Tests (U.S. History and Math II), and like 5, or maybe 6 SAT's in my life, counting the 7th grade Duke TIP one. Oh, and two AP tests that I forgot about (English + Composition, APUSH), although I will take three more this year.
This is my last college placement standardized test, finally. I haven't studied at all, so I'm a little worried about the math, but I did well on the math last time and I'm pretty sure colleges take the highest score in a section from any of your tests. Luckily.
Class of 2014
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 11th, 2009, 10:42 pm

CellR wrote:Oh, and wish me luck on the ACT tomorrow -- for the second time. I have taken WAY too many standardized tests. 1 (about to be 2) ACT's, 2 Subject Tests (U.S. History and Math II), and like 5, or maybe 6 SAT's in my life, counting the 7th grade Duke TIP one. Oh, and two AP tests that I forgot about (English + Composition, APUSH), although I will take three more this year.
This is my last college placement standardized test, finally. I haven't studied at all, so I'm a little worried about the math, but I did well on the math last time and I'm pretty sure colleges take the highest score in a section from any of your tests. Luckily.
Vibes. Seems like you oughtta be able to handle it just fine by now.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » September 11th, 2009, 10:59 pm

colchar, how come you didn't mention that the Scottish flag is the oldest national flag in the world? It is. I'm a little sketchy on the details but somebody, (Robert the Bruce?) looked into the sky before a battle with the English and saw the clouds forming the Cross of St. Andrew. So the Scots put the Cross of St. Andrew on a blue blackground and carried it into battle. Or something like that.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!