Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 11:30 am

cl15876 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
CellR wrote:So I really want an avatar that is a picture of me. All of the good pictures of me have somebody else in it! I don't know if it's OK to have somebody else in your avatar on an online message board... I mean, this isn't a sketchy one, but....
My avatar is a picture of me with my two sons.
CellR - make IT SO!!! IT IS FINE!!!

BTW, CathyCA, the avatar with you and your two sons is AWESOME!!!!! @};-
Thank you.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 11:32 am

cl15876 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
wilson wrote:'More to Love' is one of those weekly elimination dating shows, featuring plus-sized women. Shockingly, it misses its supposed aim of acceptance and respect for people of all shapes and sizes and ends up being a wildly exploitative facsimile of every other such show.
Well, shoot. I was hoping that we'd have a show with regular people on it who find love on a TV show.

So tired of reality TV stars who look like celebrities.
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) I am regular, you are regular, there is TV station down the street! You may look like a celebrity, but not I so we are half way there!!!! Split the difference with you? ;)
That TV station barely produces its own news shows. Ya think they'd put us on TV? Only if we showed up on the police blotter.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » September 9th, 2009, 11:38 am

One of my favorite blogs. Recent post has the undocking of Discovery from the ISS.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/
-- DukeUsul
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 11:40 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I just skipped ahead 22 pages. I'm not going to look back at them.

Oh, the Yankees won 3-2 tonight, getting a walk-off home run from Nick Swisher. It was his second home run of the game! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

The Yankees are now 90-50 for the season, and 39-13 since the All Star break. That's .750 baseball! Wow!
Sox won also. Bucholz pitched well.
Another 14 pages skipped. Oh, well.

Yes, the Red Sox won big last night. Big Poppi (sp?) has regained his stroke. They kept pace at 9 games behind with 22 games left. Of course, they do have a 2 game lead in the wild card race, so another October face off is almost inevitable!
When you skip pages, you get talked about. You missed all those posts about you, Ozzie.

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 11:41 am

It is nearing lunchtime...I am getting hungry but I'm afraid to leave my PC for fear of the number of posts that will collect while I am gone.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » September 9th, 2009, 11:42 am

windsor wrote:It is nearing lunchtime...I am getting hungry but I'm afraid to leave my PC for fear of the number of posts that will collect while I am gone.
Apparently, though, we've all slowed down our posting while "working" today.
-- DukeUsul
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 11:44 am

DukeUsul wrote:
CellR wrote:I really like milk. I've had a lot of it recently.
Wanna know something weird? I hate milk. Loathe it. Can't stomach it.

But I LOOOOOVVVVVVVE chocolate milk. Odd huh?
I hate milk, too. When I was in Head Start (yes, my parents were THAT poor), my teacher made me drink my milk at lunch one day. I told her that I didn't like it. She told me that I WOULD drink it. In fact, she stood over me until I drank it.

And 30 seconds after I drank it, she was running off to find a mop and some towels because I regurgitated the milk and the cheeseburger I'd eaten all over the cafeteria table. And after she cleaned all that up, she put me in her car and she drove me home.

That teacher also taught me in second grade. She never, ever insisted again that I drink my milk.

Nor did any other teacher. Word gets around.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 11:46 am

Bostondevil wrote:Just in case I ever get really inspired to completely catch up, I skipped pages 411 to 457. And this is on page 463. All right, I'll remember that now. I can still tell you exactly what page in the original LTE has the spider pictures.
We talked about you in the pages you skipped.

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 11:47 am

I like chocolate milk....I don't like 'plain' milk...unless

1) warm chocolate chip cookies
2) chocolate cake
3) chocolate brownies

are available. Then I will drink regular milk.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 11:48 am

I've been having a glass of milk before bed almost every night. I love milk.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 11:50 am

DukeUsul wrote:Did I say I love coffee?
I have a bag of Starbucks Anniversary Blend on my desk. It was a gift from a client.

I would have preferred a thank-you note to a bag of coffee.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 11:53 am

DukeUsul wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Can someone explain to me Gatorade G2? Who the heck wants to drink artificial sweetener when they want a refreshing drink after exercising?

I continue to pump as many artifical sweeteners and preservatives into my body so as to save it for all posterity. :-j
Is anyone else here like me who thinks artificial sweeteners taste bitter and gross? I'd rather drink water than anything with artificial sweetener in it.
Yes, I detest artificial sweeteners. They call us "Supertasters."

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 11:54 am

I crashed at some friends' house a couple of nights this weekend, and they're non-coffee drinkers. All they had was Folger's crystals. Bleccch.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 11:55 am

bjornolf wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:

I continue to pump as many artifical sweeteners and preservatives into my body so as to save it for all posterity. :-j
Is anyone else here like me who thinks artificial sweeteners taste bitter and gross? I'd rather drink water than anything with artificial sweetener in it.
Yes, I've posted on here before about it. The ability to taste saccharin and other artificial sweeteners is genetic. If you can taste them, you're NOT going to like that kind of stuff no matter what. When I was in 7th grade, our science teacher did an experiment with us. He said that if you licked the saccharin strips he provided and tasted something bitter, you would never like diet coke, but that if you licked it and couldn't taste anything, then you might as well drink diet. We had all kinds in our class. Some couldn't taste anything, some were slightly put off by it. I almost puked. I had the most violent reaction he'd ever seen. I had to run out of the room and spend about five minutes at the water fountain before I could stagger back into the room with my eyes still tearing. It was HORRIBLE. And I have YET to find a diet drink I could stomach. I was able to drink Diet Pepsi for about a month, but eventually decided the misery just wasn't worth it and went back to the real stuff.

%%-
Yes! We have posted about this before.

You're a Super Taster, too.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 11:57 am

DukeUsul wrote:
windsor wrote:It is nearing lunchtime...I am getting hungry but I'm afraid to leave my PC for fear of the number of posts that will collect while I am gone.
Apparently, though, we've all slowed down our posting while "working" today.
I wasn't working. I was at the doctor's office.

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 11:58 am

wilson wrote:I crashed at some friends' house a couple of nights this weekend, and they're non-coffee drinkers. All they had was Folger's crystals. Bleccch.

Folgers crystals is not coffee by any sane definition of the word

~o) ~o)
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » September 9th, 2009, 11:58 am

CathyCA wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Did I say I love coffee?
I have a bag of Starbucks Anniversary Blend on my desk. It was a gift from a client.

I would have preferred a thank-you note to a bag of coffee.
Ick. Starbucks doesn't make coffee. That stuff is swill.
-- DukeUsul
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 11:59 am

wilson wrote:I crashed at some friends' house a couple of nights this weekend, and they're non-coffee drinkers. All they had was Folger's crystals. Bleccch.
EWW. Instant coffee.

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 11:59 am

windsor wrote:Folgers crystals is not coffee by any sane definition of the word

~o) ~o)
DukeUsul wrote:Starbucks doesn't make coffee. That stuff is swill.
Agreed on both counts.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 12:00 pm

549 to go.