Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » September 9th, 2009, 12:10 am

devildeac wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Paging Chris Paul. Chris Paul, please report to TBS Programming immediately.
Did I get the right Wake player?
right in the junk :)) :)) =)) =)) :roll: :roll:
Dang, devildeac, you're competing with DinK for POTD! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 9th, 2009, 12:12 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I'm game, but then I don't have much to do for the next day or so. Before I hit the road to Cincy...just a two day trip to sign the lease, say hi to the boss, pickup the laptop, and have a washer and dryer delivered to the new place.
What kind of washer/dryer did you get? I really like my Whirlpool Duet.
Did you get the stands/drawers/risers for them?
No, I didn't. I'm cheap, but I'm also short, so the (lack of) height of the w/d doesn't bother me.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 9th, 2009, 12:14 am

CathyCA wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:"quote="cl15876""

What is your FB name? Have you posted your alias in the DBR group or something like that? I am not sure we're friends over on FB? :-? :-?"/quote"

I use my real name over there. I haven't set up an alias or user name. Now that you say that, I think I will.
Okay, I now use bkyamo over there. My first choice was byamo. But that wasn't available. I wonder who has it. I've been using that at some sites since 1994.

Ooh! I wanna be your FB friend!
Gosh, I am sure glad you didn't make me look for you with bkyamo, I would have never found you! I have to practice spelling your last name and the pronunciation before we meet you at an upcoming Brunchgate!!!!! Do you have polish blood? =)) =)) =)) =)) (no offense intended, I inherited some and my mom's mom ended with a ski in the last name!!!) You can see the vowel commonality! :-D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 9th, 2009, 12:18 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Should I be embarrassed that I like Nickelback? :ymblushing:

%%-
Yes.
Then I won't be embarrassed to admit that I have no clue who Nickelback is.
What kind of music do you listen to? I personally listen to country, but am hip with the Top 40 POP, classic rock, other music, but I think they fall into the Top 40 POP. You've probably heard of them and just didn't know! I had that happen with ColdPlay (heard alot of their music and didn't even know it), but they are awesome also, saw them in concert! :-bd I can't stand heavy metal or rap!!!! :-q
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 9th, 2009, 12:19 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:My efforts towards 9,909 are winding down. If someone else picks up the ball, I'll take a future handoff. But I hear we don't have much of a running game. :(
I think it has to do with our height. :D
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 9th, 2009, 12:21 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: What kind of washer/dryer did you get? I really like my Whirlpool Duet.
No, I didn't. I'm cheap, but I'm also short, so the (lack of) height of the w/d doesn't bother me.
Those things were expensive and I thought not necessary. So I didn't order them either. I hope that wasn't a mistake.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 9th, 2009, 12:22 am

wilson wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote:Sign me up! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) but only if they are cloth diapers! Those things are amazing!!!! :)) :)) :)) :))
Actually, I hated the cloth diapers because when they're wet, they don't wick away the moisture from the baby, and then it gets cold, and the baby wakes up in the middle of the night.

For a good night's sleep, I used Pampers.
I have nothing of import or interest to add to a discussion of diapers.
Yet!!!!! You'll be a GREAT dad one day and I trust your cooking will continue and you'll not be afraid of those heavy "PEWWWW" presents!!!!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 9th, 2009, 12:27 am

DukeUsul wrote:My wife told her mother she liked Nickelback.... and for Christmas, one year, her mom bought her this:

Pickin' on Nickelback

Listen to some of the tracks. They're better than the originals. :lol: :lol: :lol:
hmmm, not bad, but we might have to agree to disagree on that conclusion!!!! :ymhug: ;)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 9th, 2009, 12:29 am

DukeUsul wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
wilson wrote:"quote="DukeUsul""Vanilla ice cream is an oft overlooked and underestimated flavor
Personally, I overlook it because I find it boring unless I have toppings for it."/quote"

LOTS of chocolate syrup... poured all over the mounds of hills and in the valleys... YUMMMMM, I love scooping every drop up and as DukePA would say, let the puppy clean those dishes!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Did I ever tell you I don't like chocolate?
You might have mentioned a time or 10, but I still need to try the vanilla and scotch mix! An interesting concept :-? :-? :-?
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 9th, 2009, 12:31 am

wilson wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Did I ever tell you I don't like chocolate?
OH NO, YOU GOT THE FLAG!!!! I was afraid I might compel him to flash it at me!!!! Way to go!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 9th, 2009, 12:31 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:'Parenthood' is on WGN right now. Very funny movie, IMO.
The original or the Lindsay Lohan remake?
You're thinking of 'Parent Trap'.
Obviously, I don't see enough movies. This is the one with Steve Martin?
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 9th, 2009, 12:32 am

Lavabe has been conspicuously absent.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 9th, 2009, 12:33 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Did you get the stands/drawers/risers for them?
Those things were expensive and I thought not necessary. So I didn't order them either. I hope that wasn't a mistake.
A friend who did get them advised me not to. She came to the same conclusion you did after ordering them. I really haven't missed not having them.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 9th, 2009, 12:34 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: quote="YmoBeThere" I'm game, but then I don't have much to do for the next day or so. Before I hit the road to Cincy...just a two day trip to sign the lease, say hi to the boss, pickup the laptop, and have a washer and dryer delivered to the new place. /quote

What kind of washer/dryer did you get? I really like my Whirlpool Duet.
Are the openings any lower than on a normal dryer? They want like $300 for those things. I'm not in the market yet, but would definitely consider/want a front load washing machine.
Life is good!
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » September 9th, 2009, 12:34 am

Dang people, I've got nearly 50 pages of posts to read and I've only been away for a few hours. Impressive but you have beaten me, I'm not reading all of them, sorry.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 9th, 2009, 12:35 am

CathyCA wrote:And if you've already answered that question, never mind.

I'm only 20 pages behind you guys.
Nope, he hasn't yet! I'm thinking he will be happy if they show up on friday with ANY washer (tub and wash board) and dryer (standing floor fan coupled with clothes line and wooden clothes pins)!!! :-o :-o =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » September 9th, 2009, 12:37 am

cl15876 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote: quote="bjornolf" Should I be embarrassed that I like Nickelback? :ymblushing:

%%- /quote Yes.
Then I won't be embarrassed to admit that I have no clue who Nickelback is.
What kind of music do you listen to? I personally listen to country, but am hip with the Top 40 POP, classic rock, other music, but I think they fall into the Top 40 POP. You've probably heard of them and just didn't know! I had that happen with ColdPlay (heard alot of their music and didn't even know it), but they are awesome also, saw them in concert! :-bd I can't stand heavy metal or rap!!!! :-q
As my brother-in-law says - I like both kinds of music - country and western. Also classic rock, some classical, various others. Don't listen to too much of the new non-C&W music out there.
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 9th, 2009, 12:39 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I drink vanilla flavored soy milk. I add it to a banana shake which I have quite often.
Soy milk, WTH? I thought you were raised on a farm? :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
Only if the farm was run by the US Army.
I've supported the Army since 1982, you had to hit a farm or two between now and then!!!!! Ever make it over seas? I hear it get's pretty cold in Alaska! Korea is the worst, coldest place I've been (-30/-40 below 0) in January with Snow, hard to warm the chill on the bones.... 8-x 8-x 8-x 8-x 8-x 8-x 8-x :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » September 9th, 2009, 12:41 am

wilson wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
wilson wrote:"quote="wilson""It should also coincide with my passing bjornolf."/quote"And that was #9000. Sort of lame.
Sort of?
Hey, I didn't intend for it to be #9000. You're the one who doesn't like chocolate, speaking of lame. ;) :ymhug:
I was going say, oh well, let me go ahead, WHO posted the lame #9000? =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Chocolate lovers won't get you out of this one!!!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Are the openings any lower than on a normal dryer? They want like $300 for those things. I'm not in the market yet, but would definitely consider/want a front load washing machine.
Yes, I think so, but it's really not a big deal. The door is probably about 2 feet off the floor. There's just enough room for me to set a laundry basket under the opening.
-- Albert Einstein