LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » September 2nd, 2009, 4:47 am

Guess who has insomnia again...
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 2nd, 2009, 4:47 am

I have insomnia, and I have internet again.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 2nd, 2009, 4:49 am

Actually, with regard to AT&T, I did threaten to leave. They didn't bite. Probably because my high speed DSL service is dirt cheap.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 2nd, 2009, 4:51 am

I'm still tempted to call Charter and see how much a TV-internet bundle would cost. Probably far more than I'm paying for DSL, but it would be fun to call AT&T back and say, "Since you wouldn't give me a modem, I'm switching my internet service."
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 2nd, 2009, 4:53 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm finally back online. My dsl modem died last Thursday, and I didn't get a straight answer from AT&T about buying a new modem until yesterday. Bought a new one at Best Buy tonight. I refused to buy it from AT&T - they initially told me they'd replace it, made me call back "during regular business hours," and then informed me that my modem wasn't under warranty and I'd have to buy a new one. X(
That's when you tell AT&T that if they don't replace it for free, you'll terminate your service. Some companies have learned that it is far more expensive to get a new customer than it is to keep an existing one. If they want your business, they would have accommodated you. You might want to try to get a free replacement and then take your purchased one back to Best Buy - even with a restocking fee, you'd still be dollars ahead! But it's your money.
I'll back that up. I've called 2 companies and told them I was leaving for greener pastures. Time Warner (went to DirecTV) and Embarq (went to skype..through time warner HA!)
Both BEGGED me to not leave.
Them-- "After reviewing your bill, sir, you can save this much because you don't use it and we charged too much." (Basically exact sentiment from both, very close to the words)
Me--("No, I have it cheaper") Exact sentiment and verbatim
Them--"shit" (Basically exact sentiment)
But my lesson learned is actually call them before you leave and pretend you already left. You will save tons.
I might just try that and see if they'll jar loose with a new modem. I was REALLY surprised when they told me I'd have to buy a new modem even after I said, "If you're going to make me buy a new modem, maybe it's time for me to shop around for a new internet service provider."
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 2nd, 2009, 4:57 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I have insomnia, and I have internet again.
Then join the club, and move (it's your turn in SCRABBLE). ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 2nd, 2009, 4:58 am

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I have insomnia, and I have internet again.
Then join the club, and move (it's your turn in SCRABBLE). ;)
Somehow I guessed that was coming. :lol:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 2nd, 2009, 5:21 am

I saw "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" on IMAX-3D last weekend. Is it just me, or are the HP movies getting worse? So much of the books are being left out. I went the route of not re-reading the book before the movie, but the movie still seemed flat.

I almost got sick during the 3D scenes at the beginning of the movie. Darn, I'm getting old.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 2nd, 2009, 5:44 am

It's your turn, Lavabe.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 2nd, 2009, 5:45 am

I'm actually thinking about getting ready and going to work. It seriously boosts my productivity when no one else is around. I can get lots done without interruption.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 2nd, 2009, 5:46 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm actually thinking about getting ready and going to work. It seriously boosts my productivity when no one else is around. I can get lots done without interruption.
I have 2 big meetings tomorrow and a ridiculous amount of data analysis to get done.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 2nd, 2009, 5:48 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm actually thinking about getting ready and going to work. It seriously boosts my productivity when no one else is around. I can get lots done without interruption.
I have 2 big meetings tomorrow and a ridiculous amount of data analysis to get done.
Quoting yourself? Really Arkie, this must be a bad case of insomnia. ;) Hope all goes well today!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 2nd, 2009, 6:23 am

Time to go walk with Georgia the Wonderdog :o3
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 2nd, 2009, 6:24 am

CellR wrote:We beat Havelock 8-1 tonight! :)

Woo hoo!!! Congratulations!!!
I worship the Blue Devil!
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » September 2nd, 2009, 7:34 am

CellR wrote:We beat Havelock 8-1 tonight! :)
You and everyone else in Eastern NC. Our soccer team sucks. ~x(
At least we beat New Bern to start the football season. At home. :-D
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 2nd, 2009, 8:17 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Sue71 wrote:Anyone wanna chat?
I saw your invitation and went there, but you logged out a nanosecond before I got there :(
If someone leaves the room without logging off their name stays there. When you enter, you see the name for a second before you see the notification that they have logged off due to timing out.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 2nd, 2009, 9:51 am

We are really cleaning up on medical procedures this year. ILJ had the two carpal tunnel surgeries. I am having my colonoscopy this month. Legacy Lady will finally be getting her tonsils removed. This will also mean we can not partake in a Brunchgate in October. Hopefully we'll still be able to stop by in November... assuming we don't have any other procedures. @-)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 2nd, 2009, 10:01 am

Umm, are we a little late with the BD avatar change? :-w :-w :-w
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 2nd, 2009, 10:32 am

I'm working on a few computers here at a marina in Morehead. Two manatees have shown up by the boat slips, they are drinking fresh water that is coming from a hose. I've never seen on in the wild before, I didn't even know they came this far north. I'll post pictures when the dock hands send me some.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 2nd, 2009, 10:32 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm working on a few computers here at a marina in Morehead. Two manatees have shown up by the boat slips, they are drinking fresh water that is coming from a hose. I've never seen on in the wild before, I didn't even know they came this far north. I'll post pictures when the dock hands send me some.
That's awesome. I'll be excited to see them.