Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 27th, 2009, 9:25 pm

wilson wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
wilson wrote:Well at least once I get this fucking room organize, I can just hang out in here all the time.
You mean organizeD right?
Damn...you got me before I could get it edited. What can I say...I'm frazzled.
You should have a "Wilson's adventures at home" thread. B-)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 27th, 2009, 9:30 pm

Once you have lived on your own it is hell on earth to move back in with the parents. It just sucks on a cosmic level. Having them live with you - worse yet. I consider myself lucky that several years ago when Mama Windsor lived with me for a month (house under construction - and the old house sold quickly) she acted like a guest the entire time. She played everything my way, although I know she had to bite her tongue on a daily (hourly?) basis. She understood 'my house, my rules' .... she's the same in my kitchen - my kitchen...I'm cooking, she's helping. Her kitchen...she cooks I help. That way, no one dies :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 27th, 2009, 9:37 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:You should have a "Wilson's adventures at home" thread. B-)
For me, this would consist primarily of, "Yes, I know. I'm sorry I made a mess."
On the flip side, though, I crashed at my best buddy's house last night and she was totally cool about it. I will probably endeavor to crash elsewhere at least once a week. I'll muddle through.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 27th, 2009, 9:43 pm

wilson wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
wilson wrote:Well at least once I get this fucking room organize, I can just hang out in here all the time.
You mean organizeD right?
Damn...you got me before I could get it edited. What can I say...I'm frazzled.
Hey man I hope things get unfrazzled. Besides it's like the rest of CTN's 3 to Wilson's eleventybillion. :D
-- DukeUsul
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 27th, 2009, 9:45 pm

I'm getting ready to install DreamWeaver..haven't used it in years...wonder what's different
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » August 27th, 2009, 9:49 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm getting ready to install DreamWeaver..haven't used it in years...wonder what's different
Which version? It has changed quite a bit over the years.
-- DukeUsul
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 27th, 2009, 9:52 pm

Hang tough, Wilson. I had the luckiest back home with the folks experiences. Very Duke Blue's and Dad's house is pretty darned big and I made an apartment downstairs. I had my own kitchen, bath, living room, two bedrooms, and washer and dryer. It rocked. Perhaps Bud and Nancy need a tenant????
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 27th, 2009, 9:53 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm getting ready to install DreamWeaver..haven't used it in years...wonder what's different
Which version? It has changed quite a bit over the years.
CS4
I don't even remember the last version I had, but it is at least 6 years old now.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 27th, 2009, 9:58 pm

DukePA wrote:Hang tough, Wilson. I had the luckiest back home with the folks experiences. Very Duke Blue's and Dad's house is pretty darned big and I made an apartment downstairs. I had my own kitchen, bath, living room, two bedrooms, and washer and dryer. It rocked. Perhaps Bud and Nancy need a tenant????
Strong consolation: I answered ArkieDukie's late-game bingo with a bingo of my own. :D :ymdevil:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 27th, 2009, 10:17 pm

wilson wrote:
DukePA wrote:Hang tough, Wilson. I had the luckiest back home with the folks experiences. Very Duke Blue's and Dad's house is pretty darned big and I made an apartment downstairs. I had my own kitchen, bath, living room, two bedrooms, and washer and dryer. It rocked. Perhaps Bud and Nancy need a tenant????
Strong consolation: I answered ArkieDukie's late-game bingo with a bingo of my own. :D :ymdevil:
Yeah. I was proud of myself until I saw your counter. Kinda kills the joy of the first bingo. This game would've been close if not for the inadvertent tile swap due to iPhone problems.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 27th, 2009, 10:24 pm

My DSL modem is out, so I am posting from my iPhone. I <3 my iPhone.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 27th, 2009, 10:27 pm

Just noticed a bit of irony with regard to my last two posts. The iPhone is bad when it freezes up and causes me to lose a turn in a Scrabble game but it's good when it helps me PW during a DSL outage.
-- Albert Einstein
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » August 27th, 2009, 10:31 pm

If a player loses a turn due to technical difficulty, wouldn't a sportspersonlike opponent skip his/her turn to even things out?
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » August 27th, 2009, 10:54 pm

I'm so tired of homework!!!!.... Ugh... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 27th, 2009, 10:56 pm

CellR wrote:I'm so tired of homework!!!!.... Ugh... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Only 200 some more days of it to enjoy!
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 27th, 2009, 11:01 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CellR wrote:I'm so tired of homework!!!!.... Ugh... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Only 200 some more days of it to enjoy!
5 hours though... On the third day of school...
Class of 2014
Turk

Post by Turk » August 27th, 2009, 11:18 pm

The young Turks haven't even started school yet. The maroons in charge of this district kick it off next Thurs, so they get two days, and then the Labor Day weekend. Makes no sense at all. Either start next Monday or the day after Labor Day.
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 27th, 2009, 11:26 pm

Turk wrote:If a player loses a turn due to technical difficulty, wouldn't a sportspersonlike opponent skip his/her turn to even things out?
Absolutely. Unfortunately, Arkie didn't inform me of her snafu until several turns down the line. Now we're down to the last few letters. I do sympathize, Arkie. It'll all come out in the wash, though.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 27th, 2009, 11:28 pm

*Exhale* Well, my room is very, very organized now. I dare say that all of my stuff is more thoroughly organized right now than at any other point in my life. Time will tell how difficult it is for me to keep it this way.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 27th, 2009, 11:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Thanks ILJ..I am going to get it checked out. I need to make some time in my schedul to do so, but I will sometime this coming month.
I don't know what your symptoms are, but it may not be carpal tunnel. I would wake up with a numb left hand and if I knocked my thumb, it would really hurt. I thought it was carpal tunnel and put off going to the doctor for 10 months after it first started. It took an accidental bump of my thumb and excruciating pain lasting for too long to get me to go. It was not carpal tunnel. Instead, I had De Quervain's Tendinitis - I got a cortison injection and wore a splint for 3 weeks. No more pain after that. I should have gone much sooner - bicycling trip to Italy would have been that much more enjoyable.

Link for more info on De Quervain's: http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00007
Last edited by DukieInKansas on August 27th, 2009, 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is good!