LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » August 25th, 2009, 6:43 am

No more school for me, but I could go back. Again.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 25th, 2009, 6:49 am

CellR wrote:School starts today. :( :( :( :( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: x_x x_x x_x x_x
Same here. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 25th, 2009, 7:03 am

Lavabe wrote:
CellR wrote:School starts today. :( :( :( :( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: x_x x_x x_x x_x
Same here. ;)
Happy first day of school CellR and Lavabe!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 25th, 2009, 7:41 am

Sean starts next Monday. Michael starts in a couple weeks. I can't wait. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 25th, 2009, 8:05 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
captmojo wrote:Just before I leave for work, I'm reminded that the best way to hide an elephant in a strawberry patch is to paint it's toenails red.
Have you ever seen an elephant in a strawberry patch? No? Works pretty well, doesn't it? :D

(As an aside, proper usage would be 'its' rather than 'it's', correct? I seem to remember something about 'it's' being a conjunction for 'it is' and not used in the possessive sense. Is this correct? Does the question even make sense? Has this particular rule changed since my days in school?)
Yes, you are correct. If you can't substitute "it is" for it's, then it's its. Its is the exception that "proves the rule" for possession - no apostrophe needed! (Note: I didn't need my Spanish class to learn this! :)) )
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 25th, 2009, 8:34 am

Lavabe wrote:
Same here. ;)

...and here. It was easier to get the children ready for the first day of school than it is to get Mr. Windsor out the door. Guess who got drafted to do a last minute power point for him last night - (-| . I seem to recall 'better or worse, sickness - health, richer poorer'...don't remember anything about personal secretary and research assistant. ~x( ~x(
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 25th, 2009, 8:38 am

CathyCA wrote:
cl15876 wrote: That's not a color!!!! That is an enticement for your cat to drag your ARSSSS off the bed and lay you out on the floor and look innocent! Mom,... paw, paw, paw, are YOU OKAY? :D

It IS a color, too! You need to take a look at the complete list of OPI colors: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 122AAkODxK. Sometimes, I've chosen a color simply because I liked the name. The names are clever and punny.
Nail polish/lipstick colors require you suspend reality. They names have no relation to what color it actual is.

I hardly use either. I have long nails (which are very strong...partly becasue I don't screw with them) and as soon as I put polish on them the crap peels off (not to mention my nails look fake when polished). I hate makeup, hence lipstick/gloss is reserved for weddings/funerals/formal events. No one will ever accuse me of being a girly girl. :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 25th, 2009, 10:01 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
captmojo wrote:Just before I leave for work, I'm reminded that the best way to hide an elephant in a strawberry patch is to paint it's toenails red.
...proper usage would be 'its' rather than 'it's', correct? I seem to remember something about 'it's' being a conjunction for 'it is' and not used in the possessive sense. Is this correct? Does the question even make sense? Has this particular rule changed since my days in school?)
You are correct, Arkie. -1, captmojo. :-B
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 25th, 2009, 10:57 am

bjornolf wrote:Sean starts next Monday. Michael starts in a couple weeks. I can't wait. ;)

%%-
What will you do with all your extra time? Soaps and bon bons :lol: :lol:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 25th, 2009, 11:09 am

DukePA wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Sean starts next Monday. Michael starts in a couple weeks. I can't wait. ;)

%%-
What will you do with all your extra time? Soaps and bon bons :lol: :lol:
Try to get some more work done on my second book.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 25th, 2009, 11:31 am

The Class of 2010 rocks! Have a great year!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » August 25th, 2009, 1:49 pm

CathyCA wrote:
The Class of 2010 rocks! Have a great year!
Thanks! I'm sure I will.
Being a senior is nice, as is having an online 4th period (so far, I'm about to log in for the first time). I got to go out to lunch with my friends! :D
2010! :D
Class of 2014
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 25th, 2009, 1:56 pm

windsor wrote:I seem to recall 'better or worse, sickness - health, richer poorer'...don't remember anything about personal secretary and research assistant. ~x( ~x(
In all honesty, ILJ was the BEST research assistant I ever had. :-*
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 25th, 2009, 1:58 pm

What's the deal with the whistling emoticon? It doesn't work. b-(
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 25th, 2009, 2:06 pm

Lavabe wrote:What's the deal with the whistling emoticon? It doesn't work.
Yeah, what's up with that? I noticed that a while ago, but didn't think it was worth mentioning. Figured it had something to do with my internet...
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 25th, 2009, 2:15 pm

So either I'm missing something, or my online class hasn't actually started yet. I just have a "Welcome!" post from my instructor.
Has anybody here ever taken an online class?
Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 25th, 2009, 2:24 pm

CellR wrote:So either I'm missing something, or my online class hasn't actually started yet. I just have a "Welcome!" post from my instructor.
Yes, and I was not a fan. My wife takes lots of them. She used to like them, but has now decided she would rather be in the classroom also.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 25th, 2009, 2:36 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CellR wrote:So either I'm missing something, or my online class hasn't actually started yet. I just have a "Welcome!" post from my instructor.
Yes, and I was not a fan. My wife takes lots of them. She used to like them, but has now decided she would rather be in the classroom also.
Yeah, I'm not really looking forward to it, but due to scheduling conflicts I don't really have a choice...
Class of 2014
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 25th, 2009, 2:37 pm

I have some colleagues getting degrees part-time online in the evening/weekends online. They've asked me why I'm getting my MBA in a real classroom and not online. My answer is that I already spend 12+ hrs a day on the computer, why would I want to spend more?
-- DukeUsul
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 25th, 2009, 2:43 pm

DukeUsul wrote:I have some colleagues getting degrees part-time online in the evening/weekends online. They've asked me why I'm getting my MBA in a real classroom and not online. My answer is that I already spend 12+ hrs a day on the computer, why would I want to spend more?
And because the majority of online education isn't worth squat. I have strong opinions on this. Your colleagues, in my opinion, are sorely misguided.